The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Congrats sebesseg! :smiley: I really did something wrong. Where did I place Asdren?

The wait paid off and I actually won something! Woohoo! Thank you to Asdren, Iā€™m glad to hear the Cefiro caught your eye!
Also good job to my fellow competitors, I hope you are all ready for the next round!

Now so far weā€™ve made relatively newā€¦ā€tameā€ cars. While I did have my eye on something similar I figure Iā€™d go back a little with some more room to work with. I know this may not satisfy the itch for everyone, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. I have the ruleset ready to goā€¦

BEFORE THAT THOUGH. Iā€™m not opted into the Open Beta. Iā€™m not against opting in if the majority are in favor of doing so, but Iā€™d like some input before moving forward. Do we make this competition now for those in the Open Beta or do we keep it at the latest stable version?

I donā€™t mean to delay, but I think this is a required consideration since the update was released during the previous round and I know some people have already opted in and may not wish to opt out.

Iā€™m in the beta, so I would prefer that to be used, but I would be willing to make a car in the public release if thatā€™s whatā€™s ultimately preferred.

^same vote here. i would get a car build in public release EVENTUALLY, but itā€™s a hassle

FWD+inline 4+muscle car= bad combination?
i thought and at least tried to prove that wrong.
it just seems that either V6 or a V8 still is the king on a muscle car isnā€™t it?

This is a pertinent question. The rules of starting the new round are suspended until we have some kind of consensus!

Iā€™d prefer to stay in Beta (the new bodies are good and Iā€™m reluctant to let those go). However, if itā€™s decided to be public release, Iā€™ll have no problem with stepping back.

Setup a straw poll: strawpoll.me/7121015

Open Beta for me please!

Ah, so close, and yet so far! :unamused:
Big congrats to Sebesseg. And by the way, the rear end of the Cefiro is absolutley stunning, so classy!

Congrats to Sebesseg!
Maybe because I was thinking more cylinders are better, I ended up deciding to put a V engine with many cylinders in things that arenā€™t really suitable in all of my entry to the competitions, but the Open Beta was a nail in the coffin to that policy. Iā€™d happily accept Open beta, but Iā€™m good with changing back to the public release.

Really thought that I made the right car this time but damn you guys are really good. Congrats Sebsseb!
I would say open B but also have no problem going back.

[quote=ā€œkoolkeiā€]^same vote here. i would get a car build in public release EVENTUALLY, but itā€™s a hassle

FWD+inline 4+muscle car= bad combination?
i thought and at least tried to prove that wrong.
it just seems that either V6 or a V8 still is the king on a muscle car isnā€™t it?[/quote]

Some would even argue that a V6 isnā€™t right for a muscle car. RWD V8 is a ā€œrealā€ muscle car, V6 is only recent to have a cheap base model thatā€™s better on gas.

Thereā€™s only one real way to make an FF i4 ā€˜muscleā€™ competitor, and that is, build something like a Honda Integra :stuck_out_tongue:

well mine has a really good cornering, and comfortable.
i may literally just made a better mustang ecosport.

as for the integra, you donā€™t simply built a legend as good as that

I havenā€™t done any ranking, because ranking 17 entries on subjective criterias would have been quite difficult for me.

[quote=ā€œasdrenā€]

I havenā€™t done any ranking, because ranking 17 entries on subjective criterias would have been quite difficult for me.[/quote]

Yea, it probably would. I probably was near last though. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to the Miriam Webster dictionary:

ā€œany of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving.ā€

Doesnā€™t say RWD, doesnā€™t say V8.

Howeverā€¦

I have heard a million times that a ā€œTRUEā€ Muscle Car has a V8 and RWD.

So I guess a 400HP Turbo I4 RWD American Coupe is not a muscle car in this definition, nor is an AWD V8.

That being said, how powerful was his V8? Was it designed for ā€œhigh-performance driving?ā€ Whatever that vague statement means =D

But can we trust the dictionary? This is their definition of a ricer:

ā€œa kitchen utensil in which soft foods are pressed through a perforated container to produce stringsā€

I donā€™t see how a poorly tuned Civic is defined by thisā€¦

Okay, Iā€™m done trolling nowā€¦

Ready for the next competition!

i.imgflip.com/114hjb.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Had to be done. Also, precisely my point :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to the original point: this discussion over whether a car might be technically ā€˜betterā€™ or superior in key quantifiable aspects yet lose out because it failed to conform to certain preferences is the key to the premise of this thread itself. Automation does go quite a way to quantifying desirability with a range of metrics, and in Muscle, particularly, it does put some weight on being RWD (but not very much weight, which is why in Automation terms, you can buildā€¦ a Honda Integra, and it will outperform the existing vanilla competitor pack i.e. steal customers who want a Muscle car, which is precisely the desired result). Thatā€™s why I said it would be useful for us if we posted the screen shots of the market tab along with everything else: it shouldnā€™t sway oneā€™s personal decision, but it will give us a little pool of points of comparison as to how we personally stack up as customers, against the Automation desirability measure.

well, irl the ecosport mustang is somewhat-a-muscle-car. and itā€™s really not bad at doing that.
and i believe that my approach is still at least acceptable. but in the end, we are catering to our customerā€™s unknown-to-us taste.
and that i think is fair enough.

but on the other hand, i do not agree with the market tab being helpful here, at least not fully. itā€™s measuring desirability to a certain category in a general market.
and we are trying to cater to a single person preferences, not a category of a market. itā€™s possible the preference of this said person is between 2 market in-game, and excelling in one market according to the gameā€™s calculation, might not be up to the competitions standards.

and your example, the honda integra stealing potential customers who wanted a muscle car, doesnā€™t make the integra a muscle, it just changes the preferences of said customers. i forgot the term for it, but packbat used this formula on her '55 PCTChallenge. where if a car is REALLY good, it might just attract potential customers that was looking at another car from another market.

Yes yes, you do realise youā€™re not actually agreeing with me, or at least, you might be missing my point.

My point was that the market tab is useful by way of contrasting the calculations with our own desires and expectations. Thatā€™s why I want to see them, not to influence the buyer.

Iā€™ve been over this a few times already, and I think youā€™ll find that Iā€™m the last person who would misunderstand how the system is to be interpreted :stuck_out_tongue: The only reason I bring this up is because I donā€™t want people misunderstanding what Iā€™ve said based on what youā€™ve said, so let me reiterate:

Nothing in there about a Honda Integra being a muscle car!