The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Lol, all of your scores are better than mine, except fuel economy. But at less than half the price I am hoping it will do well.

1 Like

For what my car is, I hope the fuel economy is above average.

1 Like

SPOILERS INCOMING!

[spoiler]hehheh iā€™m so evil you thought Iā€™d give up my secrets so easily? :imp:[/spoiler]

8 Likes

Why did you build a Bogliq? :wink:

4 Likes

now that you say itā€¦ my car is way too similar to that Bogliq up there :sweat_smile:

Canada Motors has something new and pretty special availableā€¦

Expanding into the South Asian market isnā€™t easy for large companies, as the regulations and driving conditions are quite different from most places. For this reason, Canada Motors has variances in available trims and the equipment on said trims depending on the market. With that being said, weā€™d like to introduce the 2016 Ontario LXW Borealis as it is sold in South Asia.

The biggest difference from the version sold elsewhere is the engine thatā€™s been shrunk down to 2999cc and strapped with a larger turbo to compensate. Otherwise, this is the same premium aluminium-bodied AWD sport wagon.

Double wishbone suspension, high ground clearance, and 19" alloys on hard compound rubber allow for proper sport driving while also being able to hold their own in offroad conditions (we donā€™t recommend fording rivers or rock crawling, however). The 3.0L twin-turbo V6 produces 381 hp and 293 lb-ft of torque while remaining very reliable thanks to its high quality parts and construction. Did we also mention it runs on 90 RON? Paired to a 7-speed sequential transmission, it does the 0-100 km/h sprint in 4.6 seconds and can go on to a top speed of 286 km/h while maintaining a fuel economy of 27 mpg (it does weigh nearly 1.9 tonnes).

Inside, youā€™ll find a high quality premium interior and infotainment system, a glass roof, high quality advanced safety features, all the driving aids, and anything else youā€™d expect to find in a good premium car. Itā€™s also got over 1200L of cargo capacity, a number that nearly doubles when folding down the rear seat.

The cost for all this? $45,300 and going up to $63,420 with the 40% displacement tax. At Canada Motors, our philosophy is that you should have a car that can do it all rather than having to compromise or split your budget on multiple vehicles.

11 Likes

Daaaammn! That front end looks so professional.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna be that guy and say the design kind of reminds me of a Toyota Corolla crossed with a Rav4 in wagon form :joy: but nonetheless it really does look good.

Also that for its price itā€™s a direct competitor with my SUV, the design of which Iā€™m really struggling with because I hate SUVs :joy:

2 Likes

I was going for a more Asian design, hence the horizontal chrome bars in the grill :wink: The tail lights, yeah, they turned out pretty Rav4 in shape and placement. For the front, itā€™s nothing like the North American Corolla:

Yeah on second thought not the most like a Corolla at all. How about a cross between an Aurion and a 2012 Commodore? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lets hope it has the Aurion engineeringā€¦the trd oneā€¦the 2012 commonwhore was as always a piece of shit GM basketcase

Aurionā€¦ we have it as the Camry, and it also looks different :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely engineered closer to a Toyota than a GM. Itā€™s got some +5 components :wink:

Dont quote me here but im certain the aurion and camry are a different beast. Is there a v6 camry still? Cause that was the point of the Aurion, aussie made big sedan, with big aussie engine to compete against the falcon and commonwhore. It was a far better car than either but being fwd it would never take off like it should have. My old heavily moddified ba xr8 (close to 600RWKW) got hosed on the street by a stock trd Aurion

I wonder how many people used that body now.

Only the most basic Camry trims have an I4. The Sport (pictured above) and more premium trims are all V6.

Ahh ok opposite to wat we haveā€¦do you guys get the hybrid?

entries that have problem
@cpufreak101 tyre profile too thin
@Zabhawkin engine reliability too low

btw, a little bad news for you guys. since the finals is coming, right now i flooded with college papers and a group project. right now iā€™ll try write the review all the car, some might get shorter review but right now i already review all wagon that already submitted yesterday. i want finish this round before christmas so the next winner can write his/her round before away from their computer.

before sending any car/revision please triple check your car if it pass the rules especially the tyre profiles since my priorities now is to write reviews as many as possible and just hope iā€™ll be free this sunday.

for submitted car as for now
@Madrias
@abg7
@lordvader1
@TR8R
@TheUltimateD00M
@gridghost
@nialloftara
@Zabhawkin
@HighOctaneLove
@BobLoblaw
@DracoAutomations
@CadillacDave
@JohnWaldock
@thegermanbeamer
@Ornate
@NormanVauxhall
@cpufreak101
@thecarlover
@AirJordan

7 Likes

Hopefully in 10 hours isnā€™t too late to submit my revision

edit:nvm i was able to use teamviewer on my phone to connect to my computer

Better get over my lack of design inspiration, coz I quite like my approach and do want to see how it all stacks up.

@Denta I have checked my entry and my car is running 215/40 R17 tyres front and rear so what size tyre are you seeing on your version of my submission? :confused:

You may have inadvertently loaded up the APL submission with the 19" rims. My submission to the CSR is the convertible, NOT the coupe!!! :flushed: