The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

That suspension was hard? Damn, I’m glad I didn’t increase it any further. I already had it on pretty much the stock settings, but then again, I guess I also don’t expect there to be head-sized craters liberally punctuating the road surface :joy:

1 Like

rip CSR?

sorry i cant get the result done tonight, i’ll try post it ASAP

1 Like

Sweet, looks like I have the highest power entry. Fitting my lore it’s a mid level muscle car. Not the top trim, but not the base model either. (The base model would’ve used a V6 that would still fall under maximum taxation)

1 Like

Special note for every category

Sport

Since there many unique car in this category but interesting enough no body seems to dare sedan and hatchback in this expo however today is pretty much back to those later entry and mid level sport car. There some car that i found solid, Cavarella Stratocumulus is pretty much solid allrounder MR car in this category even without the turbo and also quite cheap($30600), Bogliq Slyde Nano is also pretty much on par in my opinion and also a bit more expensive($34800) though the turbo might be not spoil early as another car but it quite enjoyable to ride. For the high HP boys my choice is either the long nosed WMD Pyrite 3.0T($59430) or the Muscle Petoskey Montauk Rally($89100) both are very different car with very big price gap(thanks tax) but i rather have Manual though since its a sport car anyway with the Montauk i can carry my friends though they’re not gonna very happy about being back passenger in that car.

SUV

In this category is pretty much straight up go for comfort, but someone also seems go for offroading capability and perfomance SUV. No one seems want install 7 seat like most SUV in here but kinda expected from “luxury SUV” like them. Empryean Veritas IGS is the only one that can compete with BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne to some extend however it can do same job as the Wagons but also on expensive side compared to others ($65730), though Satana have bigger power output but it just horrible when it come to fuel and probably will suffer with its size. JHW Huntress is the most comfortable one in term of handling but still quite expensive($56160). For the rest, Iurlaro Cleopatra feel more standout than Brivio Scalatore Indo but Cleopatra isn’t cheaper as the Scalatore ($56160 vs $46260)

Wagon

Finding the ideal Wagon is somewhat mixed, probably because i expecting something too big but at least in this category we find some big HP engined cars which rather weird if you compared to the Sport cars knowing today car design just seems getting wild. For big power my pick is Canada Motors Ontario LXW Borealis($63210), Mott Work Cassini($54810), and Smooth Predator($87780), two of them are turbo and the most expensive one is the only one that able spoil early then Ontario have the nicest interior while the Cassini have have V12, very tough choice. For lower bracket is either Storm Krait GT-R($35100) or FOA Countryman($ 48510), both have very different characteristic, Krait is pretty much sport-like wagon while Countryman is pretty much feel like of those “luxury car” as long no speed bump.

After all consideration, is pretty much obvious is either the Smooth Predator, Cavarella Stratocumulus, or Bogliq Slyde Nano. this is final day to buy the car on site or else. I still cant get my decision straight enough, i can probably wait another day but i want to finish it today just to reward myself after 3 days of driving random cars that i can pick. Smooth Predator is nice but suspension isn’t soft enough for my liking though i very like the Predator so much, i know i can change the spring and keep the swaybar since isn’t that hard(and probably too good to replaced with) but those shock absobers is too sad to get rid and yes there a damper setting but don’t think gonna change so much. Cavarella Stratocumulus is just good all rounder but there no TC which gonna be problematic in rain and less safety feature, call me coward but for this price range and for a car like this should be have TC that at least able to turn on and turn off plus about safety is pretty much debatable. Then Bogliq Slyde Nano is good looking car from inside to outside but weird it doesn’t drive nice as the Stratocumulus, not solid as it looks.

Is hard decision, but finally i choice Bogliq Slyde Nano, isn’t perfect but it got anything that i want. After hard thinking at the foodcourt, i headed straigt to Bogliq stands and find that they seems pretty much obsessed with flashy light blue on anything with almost anything and almost no other colour except black and silver(or white?),from stage to funitures then their display cars and even the staff uniform just look bizarre, not even Yamaha or Honda(bike one) will do this to their sales staff…
I step into their light blue desk and tell one of the guy that i interested with the Slyde Nano, obviously his small smile turned into wide business smile and automatically trigger other staffs to make sure the sales goes smoothly with me. When i ask there any other color the answer is not for the Slyde Nano in this event, isn’t like i have problem with their primary selection but they need to workout about other potential costumers. Bizarreness aside, i officially become the third owner of the Bogliq Slyde Nano in Indonesia, i came back along with some papers and assorted of light blue merchandise that related to their racing team and the car itself obviously. Since they doesn’t have optional wing, i probably gonna find some wing that fit this small car since it probably will look nice. Another room for improvement? Many of them from what i see but gonna keep it stock for now except the wing.

congratulation @HighOctaneLove for winning CSR 28.

for @thegermanbeamer, i’m really sorry for forget telling you that your entry doesn’t pass the rule so i cant review your car, i just realize that after i rechecking the entries while writing the result.

11 Likes

i will take best SUV. and mazel tov to @HighOctaneLove for another CSR win

2 Likes

Smooth car with too hard suspension??? Someone must be fired…

4 Likes

Wait since when the fuck did Bogliq start winning things?

1 Like

What? Im pretty sure the Cassini was NA.

since they employed non moldovans.

I guess mine sucked so much that it didn’t even get mentioned. Guess I went too much of a low budget for fun car.

Congrats Highoctanelove

3 Likes

didn’t know the preset “comfort” was too hard.

too bad my sports car is too fancy for you

for @thegermanbeamer

1 Like

i judge the suspension based on overall stiffness especially the springs and dampers

1 Like

you seem to be an old fart and can’t handle sporty suspension

OR he lives in an area with absolutely terrible roads

7 Likes

I think a few of us underestimated how terrible the roads are. I mean some of Australia’s roads are pretty shocking but we just avoid them if we can :joy:

2 Likes

Congratulations to @HighOctaneLove for winning CSR28! This is his second win (@phale is the only user to have won more rounds), and we are now waiting for him to announce the rule set for the next round - the last time he was the host, he asked us to build a car that would beat the 86/BRZ at their own game.

3 Likes

Thanks for that information everyone knew, Johnny. Game score still is 2-0 here at the Automation Arena. Back to you, Chris.

On a serious note, @Denta, just want to point out that having springs that has less rigid doesn’t mean the car will have a softer suspension or absorb bumps any better. A light car needs less tough springs, since there is less weight to suspend and control, so those obviously can do with less rigid springs, whereas a heavier car, with more mass, needs more upwards force just to keep things steady, so it needs more rigid springs. If it had springs as rigid as the small car, it would either not even be able to have the body suspended or just bottom out because the spring is incapable of lifting the car up quickly enough. The graph on that tab is the one that can actually tell you how the suspension and body react to a small bump, and you can tell if they are out of sync, if it’s underdamped, if the suspension is too hard.

TL, DR: The numbers mean nothing when you have different weights, what matters is the graph.

9 Likes

Well. How bad is it?

Because i face he risk of falling over from my bike because my tire could get stuck on a pot hole daily. That may or may not represent the road conditions

OMG, I won!!! Thankyou @Denta for providing such an interesting challenge :grin:

Here is my winning submission for anyone who’s interested…

High_Octane_Love - CSR28-HighOctaneLove.zip (60.1 KB)

I wasn’t expecting to win so I’ll think up something and post either today or tomorrow at the latest - feel free to suggest what you’d like to see for the next round! :sunglasses:

2 Likes