The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

just a suggestion, but to get into the Holiday spirit, try something that includes how well it can go through a foot of snow, AKA my average winter :wink: again just a suggestion so feel free to ignore

1 Like

Given highoctanelove is Australian and lives in sunny QLD no less (IIRC), that would be quite amusing :grin:

5 Likes

maybe something that can handle flood water? not that I recommend driving thru flooded road I do it every day (on the start of the Brisbane river) and its dangerous as fuck

Only thing I can suggest: not another supercar/performance based round and not another econobox round like at the beginning :stuck_out_tongue: Something different than what weā€™ve had so far would be cool.

9 Likes

well I am sitting here watching street outlaws so drag racing??? Lol

I was thinking of traffic jams when I put an automatic in the Montauk. Sitting in a traffic jam with a manual can be a pain.

Also, congratulations to HighOctaneLove.

1 Like

Zabhawkin has an excellent competition based on off-road trucks so I donā€™t want to draw creative attention away from that comp!

Hmmmā€¦ I have my work cut out for me, thatā€™s for sure! :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna complain for coming second placeā€¦ but did you just cut my car out because of no TC? :joy: oh well, itā€™s understandable but frustrating as a car builder for such a small detail to bring you down.

Well done @HighOctaneLove!

1 Like

I was going to host a challenge based on drift cars, wonder if that gives you any ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

@ramthecowy some buyers are really finnicky about random shit so I would say that isnā€™t too unrealistic. The main difficulty with this round was having no idea how to pitch for what budget and what class. I mean I tried to make something that outdid everything from each class for a premium but I think I got dropped because it was still considered an SUV and therefore was simply expensive. Maybe?

1 Like

Still, itā€™s understandable in this case at least, as Indonesia has extremes of unpredictable weather and road conditions, so itā€™s easy to see how TCS would come in useful. For some reason, I got scared that my car was too expensive but now seeing how many people streatched to the 90k budget limit, maybe I did cut one too many corners.

On the whole, Iā€™m not going to blame Denta for this, but there was a lean towards sports cars over SUVs. As he said in the original ruleset post, he did have higher tolerance for shortcomings in them. And it seems our definition of an SUV is a proper offroader, something Denta doesnā€™t seem to share. For him, an SUV is a wagon with larger road presenceā€¦ yeah, that was a rather tough area to get into and succeed.

It does actuallyā€¦ @strop How about YOU take over CSR29!!! :grin::persevere::triumph:

Man, I shouldā€™ve gave my idea of a challenge before making a separate thread

Nooooo denied LOL. I donā€™t have time at the moment :joy: besides, if you want to defer, it should go to second which would be ram, I think.

Hahahahaā€¦ OK then, Iā€™ll test out some ideaā€™s but if anyone has an idea they really, REALLY want to try then Iā€™m willing to pass on the baton, however, you MUST post in this thread your intention to do so! :grin:

Otherwise, stay tuned, stay frosty and Iā€™ll post something up tomorrow! :innocent:

I call not it, basically have no internet, time or ideas at the moment, so Iā€™ll be waiting for you :smile:

Already too busy with a challenge to take on this round, so no, Iā€™m not posting any intention to take over.

As for an ideaā€¦ Let me go grab my CSR ideas folder and throw a few ideas out there for you.

1: Fun front-wheel-drive family sedans.
2: Light duty pickup trucks
3: Low budget cargo vans
4: Inline 3 budget sports cars

1 Like

I would totally spring for an i3 round. Hilarity ensues

heres a budget 5l i3 sports car for ya lol

From experience, biggest I3 you can make is 4072cc. I know, I know, arguing something pointless at this point, but just something I do know.

But Iā€™d probably have the most fun with any I3 based round.

This is indeed an area which has been neglected of lateā€¦ Iā€™ll look into it :grin:

1 Like