The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

problem?

if i had a wankel it would be at 10.300 rpm

By comparison, my engine only revs to 8200 rpm, but I reckoned it would be enough considering my carā€™s light weight (and extending the redline even further would have severely reduced the carā€™s reliability). I was also seriously tempted to use a premium interior with a CD player, but rejected both of them due to concerns about weight, cost and reliability,

Mine revs to 10100rpm and isnā€™t a wankel. Wankelā€™s for wankers :laughing:

Lotā€™s of great entries so far; keep 'em coming! :sunglasses:

how reliable is it?

not that much, 61.0

Damn, If only there were good side vents, all I have either look goofy or give an awkward space between the wheel arches

Do we have a running cost budget? I guess Iā€™m screwed anyway, If Iā€™m asking this question.

#Saminda C3 Hatchback Es-R (Highest Performance Trim for Australia market during 1996)

The C3 Hatchback (Called C4 now) was introduced in 1996 initially with two 1.6-liter engines. The i-VIC motor was found in the Es-R, while the non i-VIC was standard across the range in the XL-s and CL-s models, The high output KE16A1 engine was introduced later and available, known as the Es-R.

Midway through the year to the joy of pocket-rocket enthusiasts everywhere , Saminda decided to release a high performance C3 named Es-R in Australia sporting a potent 157 horsepower from its 1.6-liter i-VIC DOHC engine. A firmer suspension, front strut tower brace, 15-inch alloy wheels wearing 195/55R15 rubber and four-wheel disc brakes completed the hardware upgrades for the Es-R.

KE16A
The KE16A has already established itself as one of Samindaā€™s classic engines. One of the first i-VIC engine to be produced by Saminda, KE16A have powered both C3 and CZ2, and is really the engine responsible for establishing i-VIC Samindaā€™s as cars with serious performance.

9 Likes

Iā€™m not worrying about stats too much but please do take into account how much fuel you use! :smile:[quote=ā€œStarfish94, post:5054, topic:6447ā€]
Saminda C3 Hatchback Es-R
[/quote]

@Starfish94, Iā€™ve been wanting to check out a Saminda product and Iā€™d love to have one of your cars as part of CSR29!!! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Renault bids Saminda a warm welcome.

No one can beat our insanity :wink:
yes, that is an M-AWD monster!

9 Likes

Yeah , tbh i joined this community for more than a year but didnā€™t had a chance to join CSR

Since CSR29 rules fit our car criteria , why not :smile:

5 Likes

Since this round trades breadth and relative libertues with essentially a very narrow single class, weā€™re going to be seeing some really stiff competition. I mean I know that hot hatch is a very varied class now but back in the 90sā€¦

Edit: omg stating the obvious much, feeling mega self-conscious now that I reread thisā€¦ Just wanted to point out how amusing it was to go from broad to specific :joy:

1 Like

Now I gotta bring in a Maesima model for this! But in 1996 weā€™re really gonna be coming up short against most of the competition. Since the Prova was still a few years off. I hope @DeusExMackia has something to add for this round too!

3 Likes

Maesima and Erin should join and we would have a proper showdown!

2 Likes

God damn it my company always misses the fight :laughing:

1 Like

God , i miss the 90ā€™s Saminda , is like all young boys dream of having one.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have a hope in hell of winning, we donā€™t make hot hatches in the 90ā€™s, but honor demands I had to enter this one because itā€™s the freakinā€™ 90ā€™s. And I have exactly one car in 1996 that fits the criteria closely enough, so itā€™s time to go on the attack.

Yep, youā€™re up against this car. Might be modified, might not, but it stays faithful to the old beast.

7 Likes