The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

As much as I jumped the gun, You say as all the rules in the OP are followed through. Also, you guys are way too prone to drama, the vote should’ve happened almost 20 posts earlier when I misjudged and gave the torch to lordvader1

1 Like

Is it possible to open the votes? I really want to see who is voting for who.

2 Likes

You’re right in that they’re not, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

Don’t judge the whole group. That’s mostly on me, because ultimately people were deferring to OP (in this case me) to arbitrate, which is the decent and least drama prone thing to do according to netiquette. For my part, I didn’t get on top of whatever drama happened because of my working schedule, plus being delayed because I wasn’t allowed to leave work early as I had originally planned (also mostly my mistake), plus having to drive across town to attend a 4 hour long exam review session immediately after because I don’t want to fail this stage of my training. All the posts from today up to the poll were typed literally on the move from my phone, as a result, I was unable to really keep a track on things and make the above poll until I got home, hence the 14 hour delay.

True, I woke up to most of the drama having already happened, but that’s only because you posted while I was asleep, and so there’s nothing I can do about that and you would do very well to remember that everything gets blown up temporally when everybody lives in different time zones and not expect others to immediately fix your mistake :stuck_out_tongue: so shit like this will happen.

Edit: I should add, I get where @Ornate was coming from and not actually blaming you for whatever that was said afterwards, of course.

Because I can’t brain, I honestly can’t process the ramifications of this. My initial instinct is no, let people mind their own business and not get too political about it, but then my next question to counterargue would be, what difference would it actually make?

3 Likes

i voted thecarlover because the knows how to host this
@Leonardo9613

I also voted for @thecarlover - he did a great job the last time he hosted a round of this contest.

Edit: I don’t think he will overreach himself if he becomes the next host. It would be sour grapes to even think of that eventuality…

i really hope he will overdone itself

@strop you can take down my name as well

@TR8R i want my name removed too

thanks for those people that voted for me. i feel like a religion, because someone believed in me :cry:

sorry about that, I’m not allowed to edit the poll anymore, as it’s been up for more than 5 minutes.

Although, goodness gracious, now I am curious, how many people are watching this thread for 30 people to vote in just a bit over half an hour!?!? Too bad I can’t edit that, either.

now its a tight battle between koolkei and thecarlover. its like 2016 elections reloaded

Let’s not go there.

Edit: I should really make that appeals thread I was toying with in my head. Every time I see drama it reminds me.

3 Likes

rule of 2017 is not to talk about 2016

I was just gonna like your response and let it sit, but I just had a funny thought: the only problem with the appeals system is that it in itself would represent further delays to resolution of conflicts. In this thread drama intensified slightly due in part to my absence which delayed response (purely as the OP, nothing else). It wasn’t, in the big scheme of things, a huge deal. But the scope of the appeals thread would have to be limited to significant, intractable rifts between either members or factions (whatever this may entail) in the community that don’t quite warrant moderator attention, for it to be effective, otherwise it would be like introducing bureaucracy to the internet :joy:

1 Like

I think Leo asked to open the polls so that any suspicions of multi-accounting causing mayhem in the votes would be cleared, as it is a deciding poll of a rather “influential”/popular, high-value challenge.

2 Likes

I have a plan. We can discuss it more as I think your input to it would be valuable. I don’t think the CSR thread is the appropriate place, though.

2 Likes

As you say, bureaucracy for something like the CSR will probably be rather unnecessary but I still think we need some protocols for how to deal with matters such as a host disappearing or when all the runners-up to the winning spot decline to host. As more and more newer members are entering and winning who are inexperienced with hosting, there needs to be some guidelines for a smooth handover every round rather than a whole load of bickering and polls and drama. Don’t get me wrong, the liberal and democratic approach of the CSR by using polls and such is already a platform that helps keep it going, the very nature of CSR that is. We just need some additional systems to keep that operation smooth as we run into grey areas constantly.

8 Likes

All good points. It’s about time we synthesised something a bit better given that we’re now encountering increasingly complex situations.

For now, I’ll close the poll when I get up. But after that, it’s time for some policy reform!

1 Like

And there one last point, really, no matter how complex the scenario the recommendations for that roundmaster and the specific round’s rules should always be as clearly defined and concise as possible.

1 Like

but you are the ruler/emperor of this thread. what you decide happens. if you say he or she (only 2 genders) hosts the round, so be it. you could flip a coin or something if it helps

that is the problem right now.

we want this thread to not be a kingdom where everything has to obey the king/emperor.
but rather as
a democratic nation with smart people mostly deciding where we’re going, but have a president to get us mostly arranged, and fix things up if things gets bad.

and we need the rule to accomplish that.

How about I put it to you like this: when a round requires all levels of diplomacy and even the results of a poll, how sensible does it sound to flip a coin? Have some degree of rationality.

2 Likes

@koolkei that sounds like a utopia democracy. but in reality its very different. someone wants this, someone wants that, if those that want this cant get it, they start to make boycotts, protests and its a very slow progress then

flipping a coin or having a dictator is bad

all i want is CSR 32 to nothing else. 2017 didn’t start well for CSR
its not 4lge’s fault, but we wait 2 weeks and this is now the third week we are entering (2 weeks + 2 days) and progress is slow.

i just care for CSR in general