The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

THE NEW MARCOS B4

1998 B4 2.8T 185hp

I’m proud to unveil the all new Marcos B4!
Starting from the name, we choose B4, that sound like B-four (before), because it’s a car ahead of its time! It’s a true premium sedan, but affordable to buy and to maintain.

The heart of the B4 it’s an all new 24v DOCH 2.8 liters straight six, entirely made from Alusil, the engine feature the lastest tecnology in engine design and construction.

• 24V DOCH
  • VVT
  • Low friction pistons
  • High responsive Turbocharger
  • Water to air intercooler
  • Multi Point Fuel Ignition

The results are 186hp @5900rpm and 295Nm @3300rpm with the 85% of the torque avaible from only 1700rpm. Number matter, but the way the engine delivery his power it’s more important, in fact the goal was to create an engine that combines the linear and smooth power delivery tipical of a Natural Aspirated engine with the higher torque and lower fuel consumption of a turbocharged unit.
So we developed the USHCT tecnology (UnderSquare High Compression Turbo), setting a Bore/stoke ratio of 1.3 with a CR of 9.6! high CR may cause knock on turbo engine, so we use water-air intercooler to cool the charge, running only 0.32Bar of boost and using small turbine in search of better throttle response.

Thanks to the USHCT we obtained a significant increase in power and elasticity over the entire band, respect a same power NA engine, with a peak increase of 23hp @3500/4000rpm. Also the fuel consumption is decreased of over 25%
USHCT limitate the low/mid end torque allowing a better drivability and smoothness over a traditional turbo unit, And with lower boost pressure the engine gain in reliability.

The Exterior styling it’s a mix of elegance and sportiness that underlines the prestige and build quality of the car.

*The sleek alluminium body reduce drag, increasing top speed and reducing fuel consumption.

• Fully indipendent suspension with adaptive dampers active rollbar and 17" rims give the car a comfortable and sporty ride.
  • The B4 it’s standar equiped with 4 ventilated disc ABS, Power Steering, TC and ESP.
  • Premium Class leather interior and advanced infotaiment with fully auto AC, CD player, 6 speakers, Heated seats, Cruise Control and adjustable steering wheel.

Premium quality, good performance with low fuel consumption and reliability made this car the ideal choice for private fleet.

Base Price: 18850$

Performance Pack add: Rear LSD, larger drilled Brake rotors and firmer suspension $19250

5 Likes

THE LONG AWAITED RETURN OF PENIS…ton.

It’s just begging for somebody to be just that bit childish. I can be that guy.

3 Likes

I expect no less by now strop. :stuck_out_tongue:

well
you hosted a round… and i sent a car named GLANDICT fitted with a PeePee engine family, yet nobody noticed that, not even me. sooo which one sounds worse now :joy:

1 Like

DAAAAAAMMMMMMnnnnn.

1 Like

I honestly have no idea how you didn’t notice any of that. It was so ripe for the picking I had to hold back. I could have made jokes about how the PeePee was rather large for an i4… and at least half a dozen jokes involving the working relationship between the PeePee and the Glandict… but I had to hold back at just a mention.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I know I’ve already posted stats, here’s the ad for the car :wink:

1 Like

I get the feeling that I have the lowest power output, and also possibly the only N/A four banger.

Kind of reminds me of koolkei’s (actually rather successful) attempts to use a 4 banger in an executive sedan with a higher budget from a more recent time, in one of these challenges. Of course, his 4 banger had trims that came with turbo, and it was a ridiculous 3.3L :joy:

Otherwise common wisdom would dictate that 4 cylinders isn’t normally associated with the executive demographic…

Well, my problem is my mindset. To me an executive sedan has a big V8, maximum comfort, and requires a lunch to be packed if you’re going to walk around it. Something like a Lincoln Town Car or a Cadillac Fleetwood, neither of which are small or cheap (when new anyways)

3 Likes

welllll

i made a variant of the PeePee for :

• a normal hatchback
  • a sporty hatchback
  • a truck
  • a supercar
  • a premium sedan
  • a somewhat luxurious car
  • a race car

in conclusion. my PeePee is everywhere :joy:

like, i mean , see if you can be bothered to count how many variants this thing has:

##I LOVE MY PEEPEE :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

cookie pls

I like peepee but much prefer eating clams…best of both worlds

1 Like

Rover called, they wanted to warn you “don’t name your car after ours, it’s a cursed name, look what happened to us!”

6 Likes

Gamma Roy

(name provided in tribute to Roy Mustang from FMA)
The Roy is for you who work all week and want to relax during your every day comings and goings, but still want to have fun at the weekends!

Because of that we prepare for you a premium interior with all the luxury a premium car can offer and you have 199 hp at your foot to play that comes from the Inline-6 2.8L-Turbo engine.

Gamma Roy, the car that will rekindle the flames of your heart!

9 Likes

sorry I had to, I know I’m not the only one who likes FMA :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Am I the only one who went the PÖWER way? I’m starting to think that:

1. I might have overestimated it’s importance :smiley:
  2. I’m spamming :stuck_out_tongue: I stop now.
2 Likes

My initial plan was to get around 220hp, but I’m not so good, so couldn’t get it with a good enough economy.
I really struggled to achieve the economy value.

The name was choose by my sister, she said this car have style, so it needs a name of someone who have style too and choose him :joy:

I’ll put it at my company lore and create a sportier version to do justice to the name.

1 Like

Stats, in case anyone wanted them:

Price ≈ $18500

DO YOU REALIZE HOW SATISFYING IT IS TO HAVE A CAR TO WEIGH EXACTLY 1350.0 KG?

More in depth specs coming tomorrow.

7 Likes