The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Oh god, from crossovers to build a douche car for a valley girl :joy:

Is this how all y’all planning to keep review numbers down???

Douchiest thing I ever rode in: a convertible CLK500 with the top down. And boy did I feel sooooooper douche.

7 Likes

Need to get a leg up on your neighbors in Beverly Hills? Then check out the Kramer K5 Spider 5.0. With a 5.0-liter V8 developing over 450 horsepower on premium unleaded, a six-speed transmission as standard, and a suspension tune optimized for an engaging, yet comfortable drive, the K5 Spider will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

Inside, you’ll find a high-quality premium interior and sat-nav system with advanced safety equipment, including a full suite of driving aids. And yes, we have fitted four seats inside just so that you can take more of your friends with you. All this can be yours for $42,750.

4 Likes

6 Likes

The double entendre is generally supposed to go the other way around, you kind of just went all the way and then proceeded from there :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, a quick look at the Maesima lineup for 2005 and nothing comes close to the 50k @ 50% markup. I’m not even sure if a DHB will be extravagant enough…:sweat_smile:

Edit: I forgot about one model :wink:

Also I take it that the example picture is not the kind of thing Stephy is looking for… The New Mini Cooper is the epitome of retro wank…

A perfect round for a Zavir car. If only I had any idea for their design in the 00s and there was any fitting body :smile:

2 Likes

a FRIENDLY reminder

1 Like

16 Likes

@doncornaldie @partario Pssst… pricing on the ads :wink: Doesn’t need to be anything fancy, as long as it’s there. I wouldn’t want to have to disqualify anyone for something minor like that. Even a model price range like @conan did works should you not want to disclose the exact price.

@strop the photo of the Mini is the current car being replaced… that thing is so yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

To all those who see the lack of bodies as an issue, I should make it clear that I don’t really care how old a body is as long as it doesn’t look retro and that I only put a restriction on pickups/utes and vans so anything else is fair game. If you think a Cayenne or X5 is the answer, submit that, just as if you think a Chrysler 300C or a BMW 6-series could be competitive.

6 Likes

5 Likes

(Apologies for the retina-burning colors.)

Yes, this is one of the advertisements used by Dynamite Motors to promote the Dynamite K8.

This was the other ad typically seen for the car. Less information, but aimed more for those interested in the powerful V8 engine lurking beneath the hood.

9 Likes

MY EYES, ZE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!!

8 Likes

lol, Epic presentation bro. kudos!

I’m blind now, help

2 Likes

Crossovers, and now a Teen Princess car, two categories that aren’t Petoskey Motors’ strong points. I’m gonna try with this one though…

8 Likes

282 imperial MPG??? How did that happen? :smiley:

Seems that it didn’t render out the zero :smiley: (but it’s fixed now)

1 Like

Dad: Happy Birthday Pumpkin!

Daughter: OH MY… oh… well… thanks?

What you have witnessed is the beginning of a young woman’s descent into becoming a social pariah. No one wants to be skipped over when the party invites are rolling out. Don’t let this happen to your daughter. Get her a car that automatically screams A-list. Get her the new Kessler Series 45:

Once again Kessler brings out the perfect blend of style and technology to deliver the ultimate driving machine. She will turn heads and open new opportunities. The Series 45 comes with all the top end refinements to make the ultimate grand tourer. With a solid safety record, Kessler once again delivers with a car that will make sure the most precious item in your life will always be safe. Be on the A-list, buy a Kessler today!

MSRP: $49,050

10 Likes