The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Our client was a country girl, therefore, she’s perfectly content to shift stick. Auto is more convenient, but also more expensive in nearly every way. I suspect you’ll find manual is the way to go.

I’ll add all the answers to all these questions to OP once it’s finalized.

2 Likes

What about “diesel” cost?

Simulating diesel would probably be quite hard to do in a balanced way… diesel engines should have different cost, weight, economy, emissions, torque curve, etc.

In Australia diesel actually pretty much costs the same as 91RON at the minimum. It’s pretty fucked. So you can tune the engine like a diesel but it’ll be the same as running 91RON.

Obviously I won’t accept requests to use one kind of petrol and charge for another.

2 Likes

Hard doesn’t mean impossible :wink:

@Strop Thanks for info - it’s as I thought, but I needed to confirm that :slight_smile:

PS thanks for your work Bob. Just to be entirely certain were all seeing the same thing, I will share my sheet when finalised. As soon as I figure out how to reliably export as a public sheet.

1 Like

No problem, I am all about them spreadsheets.
If you are using Google Sheets like mine, just go to the top right corner, click share, click the first drop down and select “anyone with the link can view”, copy and paste the link in your OP, click done. Now everyone will be able to view your spreadsheet and make a copy to their own google drive.

If you want to allow people to edit directly on your sheet, I would make a copy of the sheet and set its share settings to “anyone with the link can edit”. This will keep the “master” sheet for you to maintain and update as needed, and the copy will be the public sheet for people to use.

1 Like

I forgot to mention: no Barth bodies or CaptainD00m fixtures. Aside from that I think everything is fair game, though some vmo fixtures may make my game crash.

There will be no objective penalty for having mismatched body and trim eras. However you may find it a hard sell on the basis of it feeling weird subjectively. Choose carefully.

1 Like

right before the sheets is up, i tried calculating it on my own…

so that results in 1.3273408545400130934403601633512e-9

either i’m doing something wrong and i can’t find it.
or that’s a percentage result.
halp?

Your order of operations is wrong.

(0.93+(2/3)/100)^5-0.01*(6)
= (0.93+0.0067)^5-0.06
= (0.9367)^5-0.06
= (0.7211)-0.06
= 0.6611

wait. what

PEMDAS or however you want to say it:

Parentheses before
Exponents before
Multiplication & Division before
Addition & Subtraction

no. not that.
plus i think it’s ^5-0.01(Age Of Trim). don’t separate it

is the form like this?

or is it like this?

Neither. The -0.01*(TrimAge) is after the ^5, not part of it.

if that’s the case, it should be written like this
((0.93+(prestige-45+(age of trim)/1.5)/100)^5)-0.01*(age of trim))
not like this
(0.93+(prestige-45+(age of trim)/1.5)/100)^5-0.01*(age of trim))

Strop accidentally put two close parentheses at the end, it’s meant to be one AFAICT. I.e. (age of trim) not (age of trim))

if anything, he is missing one parentheses in the front to close the whole formula

and what’s AFAICT?

As Far As I Can Tell. I don’t see any missing parentheses, but then I don’t know what Strop intended.

Should look like this?

1 Like

Yep, you got it. Looks so much more understandable when formatted that way.

Also yes, lol, I did accidentally put in one too many close parentheses. :joy: Fixed now.

Gimme about six hours, the formulae will be fixed, I’ll share the Excel spreadsheet (writing it up in Google Sheets terrifies me so I’ll have to rely on community effort here sorry people), and the client’s details will be up. Then we can begin!

hmmm…v8 or 6…hard decision…