The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Maybe but my first idea was a Skoda 130 but changed to fit the company’s design era. But I can see the similarity’s .

1 Like

Interesting… My car basically IS a Skoda 130, specifically a 135 3 years early with the aluminium engine. Engine power is pretty much spot on, but I didn’t go for actual accurate 5 speed gearbox because it would be too bourgeois.

Vague appearances is where the similarities end. Nothing can relate to the 130 really from the Abysma.

:musical_note:
[i]In my country there is problem
And that problem is transport
It take very very long
Because Orbistan is big

Throw transport down the well
So my country can be free
So my country can be free
We must make travel easy
Then we have a big party[/i]
:notes:

BUT WAIT!
My dear Orbistani comrades, not so quick. No need to throw transport down the well, what you need is new form of transport! With new Sheddok (Шеддок) you can go anywhere in Orbistan easily, quickly and comfortably. It carry 5 adults and much luggage. With a mighty 150hp V8 you know that Orbistan will never be behind. Show the filthy communists who is truly strong. Get Sheddok now and stand proud because you make Orbistan little more free! Now, we have a big party!

Glory to Orbistan!

Bonus points if you catch the song reference :wink:

13 Likes

finally got around to build a car again.

building a car for orbistan clearly requires to concentrate on our core capabilities: well balanced and reasonable cars for the mass market. the Rapid 85 is ecaclty that. it is a FWD hatchback that handles well in every situation. the beautiful design is futuristic and practical at the same time! and this piece of art comes with shiny and scratch-resistant plastic interiors combined with cloth coverings on side panels and doors and full carpeting.it features an 8 track tape player, power steering and ABS. and our newest 5-speed manual transmission makes it fun to drive!

3 Likes

11 Likes

Greetings Comrad

Today we want to present the new car for Orbistan !

EcaMobile RushO !
For Glorious 7400 $ you get the perfect workhouse for you whole family !
Its small and compact, so you can park more in less space !
It’s light and easy to fix !
Has 4x4 and Manual Locker, so you can drive anywhere !
Bad Roads ? No Problem ! Snow ? Will drive like on concrete ! Big American sleeping on road ? Climb over them !
Radio to hear glorious leader !
The back seats fold back so you have more room ! Or you can put stuff on roof.

Also available colors : Coal Power Black, Iron Silver, Winter White and Workforce Red.
Obristan above all.

8 Likes

85’ Pakapi

The Ultimate shitbox. Msrp: $7500

7 Likes

Well it’s been nearly 12 hours and no one seems to recall the origin of the song/parody in my ad… here it is. Warning, it is of humourous intent but probably not a good idea to play aloud or at work. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

haha. That’s actually pretty funny.

I was curious what could be achieved within max budget when targeting a non-commuter segment, with reasonable running costs and reliability, so here is trio of rejects from engineerink team (no stylink completed):

Red Hot Hatch

Projected price: $7500
Reason for rejection: excessive price; too bourgeois (fast)

Communist Utility Vehicle

Reason for rejection: excessive price; not so good on-road performance for Orbistanian roads

The People’s Truck

Reason for rejection: excessive price (again!; report engineers to secret police for potential capitalist sympathies); Orbistanian’s aren’t animals, we need seats for all passengers

2 Likes

The new DMV Natrium
The DMV Natrium was designed to be the perfect commuter for an emerging market such as Orbitsan (May your benevolent reign be long and prosperous).

We focused our efforts on fuel efficiency and drivability on and off road. It features electronic fuel injection for a more refined combustion process with the added benefit of easing cold starts. And that allows us to return an average of 31.7 MPG. This is possible thanks to the use of a locking differential and harder tires as opposed to the needlessly extravagant (dare I say Capitalism inspired?) 4 wheel drive systems used by many competitors. These combined with its low curb weight will allow it to easily pull itself or be pulled out of any predicament you may find yourself in off the beaten path. That combined with seating for 5 and adequate storage space in a package that’s compact enough to fit just about anywhere makes it the perfect car to do it all. And for a reasonable $7200

3 Likes

Those rejected ideas for your CSR43 entry should be shared in the open-source car thread…

1 Like

Every country needs a Flare, thats why Scarab presents the most reliable and robust Flare to date: the Scarab Flare Basic. (here presented in trusty red)

8 Likes

Meh. I planned to not create new cars and not participate in anything new, buyt the CSR is just too tempting - especially shitbox CSR :smiley:

#PZS proudly presents…

###High quality product of Poland - the Mistral
As a perfect car for the fraternal nation of Orbistan we propose a special variant of the Mistral estate, perfectly suited for eastern conditions. It’s a modified…

GLi-16 - a mid-range trim with a modern variant of our durable I4 - this time it’s a 66 hp 1.8 with electronic fuel injection and 16 valves - but worry not, the engine is still rugged and simple, just as the perfect engine for Orbistan should be. It’s also very economical thanks to that modernity and to the 5 speed gearbox - it needs less than 8.5 litres per 100 km. The spacious interior provides comfortable seating for 5 people and even some entertainment, as in this trim the radio comes in standard - as well as the power steering, so driving it will be easy. The ease of driving, efficiency and also the interior space - especially in the boot - are also improved by PZS’ usual FWD layout - simple, yet modern, unlike many competitors.

So you might say - that’s better than a Western car! And you’ll be right. Although you’ll be wrong if you think that it has to be as expensive as a western car - because we offer this great car for just $7500.

BTW it has more advanced engine and better equipment than my own car :smile:
And IRL there was a variant of Polonez sold as “Mistral” in France, IIRC.

7 Likes

Same…but somehow hopefully different:

Smooth Brate

more than 80hp for only $7500

6 Likes

I would (after CSR entry is closed ;-)), but they have no styling and are particularly optimised for this competition (how I see it). They are pretty mediocre in terms of Automation segment appeal; I tend to build cars that are too fancy/expensive compared to the built-in competition, and I try to avoid exploits and unrealistic optimisations. (I hope with the complete campaign that marketing and other such things with make such optimisations less influential, as in the real world car sales aren’t based on highly discerning analysis by customers, but looks, cost and general feel.)

1 Like

Adenine Abakan. A modern car for a modern age. $7500

7 Likes

'85 BM A72 C

Modern technology, at a price for everyone

After making the most of all the time available to them, the engineers at BM finally came up with the A72. Designed from the ground up, the A72 features a brand new 1.8L I4 using an SOHC configuration and Multi-Point Fuel Injection, resulting in a car that practically sips fuel whilst being as reliable and serviceable as ever. With a nippy 0-62 time of under 12 seconds and a top speed of over 100mph, you’ll never be left behind! And even if you are, the included 8-Track stereo and comfortable seating for 4 will make sure home never feels far away.

Yours for only $7400!

4 Likes

Reign of Glorious Leader may be eternal, but contest is not! 24 hours remain! If your name is not on list, Comrade, consider submitting car.

@conan
@oppositelock
@Madrias
@abg7
@Leedar
@Mikonp7
@TR8R
@DeusExMackia
@Mr.Computah
@JohnWaldock
@HowlerAutomotive
@Leonardo9613