The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Cool Challenge! I might create a new sub-company for cheap boxes.

What’s the attached file for?

Thanks. It’s just a test car I created, I liked it enough that I thought if somebody was stumped they might use it for ideas.

All right! Now this is something that should be right up my alley :slight_smile:

Edit: Shit, I don’t have enough money for a turbocharger :frowning:

Edit 2: Is a catalytic converter required?

Edit 3: Does Galvanized Steel count as rust resistant?

Bueno. I can use one of my eastern bloc cars. Although, I might give it a tune-up to avoid being too prolitarean.

what about safety should we bother?

i think what he meant is he wants the ‘environment resistance’ score to be high

oh so close to having a 3L v6 right on 8250 :persevere:

Mine is almost done. Surprisingly, it will do around 1:47 on the airfield track with only 53 horsepower.

Smooth Cracker

Simple yet effective.

Facts:
1.6, 70hp, high ground clearance, radio, high practicality, robust build, cheap maintenance, 7920$. Cracking offer.

1 Like

Feast your eyes ladies and gentleman A.N.Z is making a name for itself

1 Like

i just cannot get it blow $8030 without making the car unsatisfiying for me. is this still considered in the $8k range, and tolerable? or is it over the limit?

just noticed. @Darkshine5 is is… is that $1065 and not $1865 running cost? how the fudge did you get it that low

Negative.

Yes.

It’s not a high priority, but I’d like to see at least basic safety equipment.

I’ve set it as a hard limit, let’s keep it that way to avoid confusion. I’m sure there’s somewhere you can pinch a couple pennies.

1 Like

kay then… something not including negative slider…
sure i could, just not something i’m proud of

######well that’s what i get for haggling :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Introducing the 1982 Bell Corleone Savanna Special 5dr

The peoples car of Africa is here, the budget 5 door Hatchback comes with a peppy little 1.6 I4 Petrol coupled with a 4-speed manual transmission.

Features:
Front and rear seatbelts, flip front headlights to avoid getting them dirty, 5 Seats for maximum capacity & a very large boot.

The car is built to be both affordable and long lasting in the hot African sun, we have raised the ride height from the standard Corleone to make it cope with rough roads a lot better, we have also taken the interior down to the bare basics to minimise chances of having any electrical problems, the tyres have been made chunkier and tougher to lower the chances of hitting potholes and damaging the wheels.

1 Like

Running costs are lower in Archana. My current prototype is under $1000

well… i didn’t think my running cost on archana would be less than half my running cost on gasmea…
you almost gave me a heart attack.

I present you the FSD Afrosport

FSD Afrsport is a sporty car that has enough terrain capabilities to travel even gravel roads, thanks to 160 mm suspension height, and all-purpose suspension. It is equipped with vented disc brakes both front and rear for maximum stopping power. It features an inline 4 2,2 litre naturally aspirated engine, which can produce 183 hp while maintaining decent fuel usage. As a result, this car can accelerate 0-100 in 6,4 seconds and has a top speed of 213 km/h. It also capable of turning at 1,01g at both low and high speeds. As a result, its time on airfield track is below 1:30.

1 Like

Damn! 180hp, standard interior, vented discs, and double wishbone suspension? I have no idea how you did that :open_mouth:

Also I thought we weren’t supposed to mess with engineering tab stuff?

Meet the new Storm Minerva.

Keeping things simple was our strategy. This wagon is powered by a small, fuel efficient, and fairly reliable little engine. Sure, it uses EFI, but that gives us the great gas mileage that saves everyone a little extra money.

You can move 5 people around in this car, and you still have room for cargo. A large fuel tank guarantees nearly 500 miles between stops for gas while a rather simplistic engine pushes the car along.

But what about when the going gets a little tough? What do you do when the pavement ends and the dirt and gravel begins? You pull the stick next to the four-speed manual and you engage 4WD. Still having problems? Pull the other stick and lock the rear differential. Need more? Pull the last stick and engage diff lock on the front differential as well.

Now, we understand people want creature comforts, but at this price range, we had to make some compromises. The seats are… well, they’re very simple, as is most of the interior. There isn’t a radio, but that’s because we refused to put a low-quality one in there and risk damaging our reputation.

So, what is the Minerva made of? Galvanized steel unibody, with corrosion resistant steel panels. Suspension was kept brutally simple, but effective, with MacPherson struts up front and a rear live axle riding on leaf springs.

How much does it cost, though? $7920. It’s a little pricey, but we feel it’s worth it. We feel that this is the wise choice to make.

1 Like

Hey, there was nothing said about engineering tab