The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Looking for an affordable, reliable car that does well on every circumstances? We present the Aguila 1900S 4x4. The 1900S has already proven it’s self as a reliable and fun car, but now as a 4x4 varitant the 4x4 excels no matter what comes. May it be on gravel or any loose surfaces, the 4x4 will help you master all the roads in front of you. With an all corrosion resistant body, you don’t have to worry if need to get through some shallow water.

3 Likes

Adenine Automotive is proud to announce our first model for the African market, the 1982 Adenine Asante!

With the help of Inline Designs we’ve brought our winning formula to a new price range. The Asante is powered by a turbocharged 1.1L I6 DOHC which produces 76hp and accelerates the Asante from 0-60 in 10.6 seconds. Using all-new multi-point fuel injection technology, the engine helps the Asante achieve an amazing 43mpg! Combined with the simple and reliable design, this makes the Asante extremely economical, with yearly running costs of just $837.
The Asante comes with a 4-seat basic interior and an 8-track radio, and the ride is very enjoyable due to the soft suspension and quiet cabin. With the Asante, you’ll also be prepared to handle difficult road conditions, with 4x4 traction and manually lockable diffs at your disposal.
For the price of $7920, the Adenine Asante offers top-of-the-line efficiency, good comfort and versatility, and respectable performance in a very economical package. It would be an honor for us at Adenine to serve your proud and prosperous nation!

5 Likes

The Adenine Asante is the shot-clock cheese of this round. :joy:

like a dozen entries and yet not a single joke about exhaust note that sounds like a vuvuzela. Think about the slogans: TURN THE IGNITION, AND I WILL PLAY YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.

…I’ll see myself out…

3 Likes

im sorry but.

consider the ‘taco’ = ‘your joke’

1 Like

…you like sharing your food without chewing?

seriously where do you get these gifs from!?

eheheheheh
. #googlingskillz

on another note, i still haven’t found how to do even change font size

If I had set the top speed on the Mbudiwudi’s gearbox to 261 km/h, I could have taken the fuel consumption down to 6,2l/100km.

No other changes. Just lengthening the gearing into bizarro world (where third and fourth gear are both beyond the theoretical top speed).

What.

[quote=“HowlerAutomotive, post:829, topic:6447, full:true”]
If I had set the top speed on the Mbudiwudi’s gearbox to 261 km/h, I could have taken the fuel consumption down to 6,2l/100km.

No other changes. Just lengthening the gearing into bizarro world (where third and fourth gear are both beyond the theoretical top speed).[/quote]
If it makes you feel better, I would have docked you for having ridiculously tall gearing.

1 Like

I’m mostly just wondering what formula is used for the l/100 calculation. Whether it’s based on going a specific speed or some sort of range and whether the calculation takes into account the option of shifting up when cruising. Seems unlikely.

I’m excited to see how I place in this. Normally I’m absolute crap at making cheap cars, and I’m sure that’s still the case here.

Presenting the Mott Works Primea

A performance and utilitarian car for when the going gets tough and for a very low price. It features a 1.5 inline 4 engine with a SOHC 16 valve design and fuel injection. It produces 87hp and 93lb-ft of torque that is sent through a 4 speed manual to a full time 4wd system to make the vehicle more controllable on poor condition roads which can also be locked to allow for better off-roading ability. The interior of the car is a very basic 5 seat design that is lightweight to improve acceleration and economy. Suspension and brakes are also basic with strut and solid axle coil suspension and drum brakes all round which keeps the cost of the vehicle down to just $7920.

1 Like

Just a reminder, submissions will close in a few hours. Make sure your car is on the accepted list.

Entries are now closed. The President has a very busy schedule ahead, but he will work to get the results to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, enjoy the pool.

1 Like

BTW koolkei, my joke was a reference to the 2010 FIFA World Cup held in South Africa (and South African football in general). Holy crap there was a lot of vuvuzela. I was watching on TV and I had to wear ear plugs. Just Google it and YouTube will have plenty of samples.

That looks like a golf!!! Are your emissions correct hmmmm?

so. you mean this?

And of course, ten hours worth, naturally

It looks like my entry is the only one to use a slushbox, I wonder if that will help or hurt me.

Darn, couldn’t get an entry submitted in time.
I was planning an upgraded version of the communist hatchback.