The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Ah, sorry, I actually went in and checked that again since you asked earlier but forgot to respond.

Basically, it seems the game calculates cargo vs passenger space in “rows” so on the Olympos body you could have 5 or 6 seats with the same volume of passenger space. I haven’t delved too deeply into this, but I would propose aiming for 5 seats with as much volume per person as possible.

Volume per person being equal, the one with more seats would be better.

Of course, more seats and more volume will cost more and weigh more and make you slower so there is a tradeoff.

Solo Motors Co. would like to present the 2015 Solo Rhino SM as the future executive taxi for Blomozvakia.

What this is is a seven seat sport premium SUV, shown here in a gold finish, but they can be ordered in any colour. It has an AHS steel frame with aluminium panels and double wishbone suspension on all wheels. We designed the Rhino to have a modern and luxurious design with a few features that hint at its sporty nature. You can find LED lights all around, the door handles integrated into the chromework, and plenty of little touches here and there to catch the eye without getting too cluttered.

The engine is a turbocharged 7.0L 48V DOHC V12 producing 467 hp and 586 lb-ft of torque. With a 6-speed sequential transmission driving the rear wheels, it achieves the 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and has a top speed of 274.3 km/h, and can brake from 100 km/h in less than 35 m.

Inside, you’ll find quality premium surroundings and technology with seating for seven and only the most advanced safety features, should the worst happen. All the driver aids are also included (and can be deactivated) to make the long drives easier on the drivers… that is, until they want to put the Rhino through its paces to impress the passengers. As an SUV, luggage space is a non-issue, and the third row of seats can easily be folded should the need arise.

We realise that an SUV won’t have the same driving dynamics or economy as a sedan or a wagon, but we hope the advantages to space, comfort, and practicality will make up for its size and weight. However, we’ve worked hard to give it decent economy without sacrificing performance, so it manages 19.6 mpg with very low emissions. As with all Solo products, environmental resistance is tested in the Canadian winter and therefore exceeds that of most vehicles, as does the reliability we work hard to maintain. With a retail price of $31,350, we at Solo Motors Co. hope that the Rhino SM meets all your needs as a Blomozvakian taxi.

6 Likes

10 Likes

What’s the same size as a 7 series, but goes faster than a P1 or LaFerrari, and can keep pace with a Zonda? the new CPV tuned Brougham from Centauri. The ultimate car for the VIP taxi, power comes via by a advanced 5.7 liter DOHC v8 making north of 600hp to the rear wheels but still returning 25mpg.

Uploading…
Uploading…

1 Like

what is that tailgating me? its the new DMW lazor,
why is it called a lazor, because its brings you to the point, like a laser pointer

with its 6 seats, of premium quality and a premium entertainment, its a very good car for safe travels,
the fuel economy is good considering how much horses is have and the weight is good
we care about emissions, so we kept it as minimum as i could

with its 4wd, we make sure you always have grip, no matter how much you screw up, the board computer will get you out of the mess

1 Like

Can you give me an attachment of what version of the nurburgring you will be using?

I’m leaving this here but I’ve revised my entry to better fit the requirements regarding the use of only ‘High Quality Essentials’ mods. See my later post below with updated entry.

5 Likes

Holy! I thought my design looked cool, you guys are really stepping it up for this round!

(Why couldn’t I get more beautiful cars in my round :stuck_out_tongue:)

please note that in my pic it shows the illegal use of mods ( I thought we could use if we provided a link but that has changed lol)
The rear lights on the final car are different and so is the exhaust system

Car body mods are allowed with a link, but I always asked you to stick to standard/HQE fixtures.

Is it possible to have two installs of the game in parallel? One with all steam workshop stuff and one with a tighter selection?

1 Like

Only Steam Mods on and Steam Mods off. There are no way of tightening the mods apart from that.

I’ve installed most bodies with the exception of the Barth ones…and lots and lots of mods…most HQE but a lot are not.

I might have to sit this round out as I have no idea what is HQE and what is not

Where’s the fun in that? :laughing:

I’m entering, even if it means DQ…it’s all practice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll just have a look through the list on HQE and try and remember what’s what

1 Like

If you stick to the znopresk mods you should be fine. I have the entire STEAM catalog and yeah some are great and some simply won’t work but I am open beta too.

its simple, make a backup and you can run the backup with no steamworkshop mods, and the other can be full of mods

Here we have a 2015 Erin Berlose Mk 5 in top of the range Vox trim. Sitting under the bonnet is a superbly efficient Pureon 3.5l i6 TDi, while inside, the luxurious cabin is decked out in a plethora of gadgets. A six-speed DCT gearbox and a LSD deliver the power to rear wheels, taking the car up to 182 mph.

The ultimate all-rounder; class-leading safety, fantastic performance and no-compromise luxury.
$28820

6 Likes

KLinardo here, real life law student and Ford guy; fictional internet counsel of Ford Motor Company. I’m going to need all the internet monies to allow use of that name. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh dear. I might have designed a 900hp car that gets 30mpg. It’s not very comfortable (mid 30s) and it’s not what I’m going to submit, but it seats five and comes in under budget.

I get a feeling fuel economy will kill me. Same with aesthetics. The car looks plain though the engine I think looks spectacular.