The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

While you’re wondering about that having enough hp with that, I’m asking myself the same question with 133 hp…

well… do note that the weight is roughly about 1500-1600Kg

1800-1900 kg, but nice try. :laughing:

awh lawl.

i’m gonna assume you wont be getting more than 25mpg then.

[quote=“koolkei”]awh lawl.

i’m gonna assume you wont be getting more than 25mpg then.[/quote]

Nah, I managed to beat 25 mpg somehow actually.

I havea suggestion for this challenge, what about linking the current ruleset on the first post? This way it would be easier to follow what is going on, without having to search in the middle of lots and lots of posts.

Great idea! It has now been done.

Here at Solo Motors Co., we ask ourselves, why would you want to sacrifice style and drivability for the practicality of a minivan? Why not have practicality in a sleek, stylish, and sporty package?

Let me present to you the 2007 Solo Orca PM-E AWD! As a large premium wagon, you get to stand out on the block of minivans and newfangled crossovers. Crossovers are just a fad, trust me, the mighty station wagon will return to its prime, and for only $33,810, you get to lead the pack! We normally sell these at $35,995, but you seem intelligent and are doing well to raise such a good family, so this special deal is just for you. And don’t worry, we’re still making a profit at this price. So what do you get other than a stylish wagon at this price? Glad you asked!
First, let’s talk about the engine. This is a very reliable 3.0L 24V DOHC V6 that revs up to 5700 rpm. With a 6-speed sequential transmission, you get to have your sporty drive without trading this in for a flashy sports car as soon as the kids move out. Of course, it’s got an automatic mode for when the kids learn to drive or when you want to relax behind the wheel. With the hydropneumatic suspension, comfort is assured. Now, as a working parent, of course fuel economy is a concern. With a wagon, you get to have economy and decent performance. The lower economy from the AWD is worth it, as driving in all weather conditions is made a lot safer. You still get a reasonable 23.6 MPG, not bad for something weighing in at almost 2 tonnes, and it has a top speed comfortably above 200 km/h and a 0-100 km/h time of 9.5 seconds, perfect for when the kids are late to school!
The interior is of course covered in leather and wood trim and comfortably seats 5 with room to spare. You can also get an optional easy to install and remove rear-facing seat to increase seating to 7 when the kids’ friends come by for a sleepover. For entertainment, you get a 6 speaker AM/FM radio, CD changer, cassette deck AND GPS system. You truly get to have it all! The most advanced safety features are also included for your peace of mind, as is our excellent 5 year/unlimited km warranty!

1 Like

To enter or not to enter, that is the question. It’s a good challenge, however a minivan or an SUV does not fit into the HP Craftworks brand. I could build a wagon, but after the last challenge I want to develop the wagon into the future, not the past. Choices, choices, choices.

I’ve got nothing for this, which is fine since I have no real reason to want to take control again!

Only now I read that I have to send the car off PM, i’m going to repost my car after the deadline, DON’T COPY.

After our subsidiary FMA (Fuentes Motors America) being contacted by Mr. Niall, we propose the following:

The Aventure! Here in its XR 4x4 trim, 2 vehicles merge together, a light offroader and a comfortable, practical and safe car to drive.

Premium interiors, premium entertainment and advanced safety features, combined with a lockable differential at a distance of a button on your dashboard.

6 seats + 3 sunroofs (3rd not openable) and the ability to install roofracks to carry more bags or your bikes!

Powered by a smooth, quiet and economical V8 direct-injection (23 mpg), with 5 speed auto transmission optimized for cruising, but without compromise you on an offroad adventure, offering you a smooth and fun ride due to it’s Active suspension fitted as standard.

For better impressions, please visit us today and take it for a test-drive during all weekend with a full tank, on our own!

Introducing to you the CMC Matterhorn luxury SUV, this vehicle is designed to meet the needs of any family weather that be the typical soccer mom or the mountain climber who requires a sturdy powerful SUV to carry their equipment. This SUV may not be the most economical and it may not win any beauty pagents but it does come number 1 for space and comfort. No more will you be pestered by Land Rover and their reliability issues and no more will you have to buy a cheaply made plastic Ford Explorer. This beast is the vehicle for you.

Powered by a twin turbo V8 coupled with a 7 speed auto, this SUV will get you wherever you need to go in comfort. From the pot hole ridden roads of the UK to the sweeping mountain passes of South America, this SUV will be there for you.

1 Like

We present the new 2007 Revera MS 4.9 L.

Incredible comfort and storage space make it ideal for just about anything, and with all the performance, anything includes a thrilling drive.

With a design language ahead of its time, the sleek roofline gives it a very elegent look while featuring 1300 liters of cargo space and plenty of space for five people. But its not all about the outside, inside it features a full premium interior, dual climate control, and our new High-End Satellite Navigation System. In the Revera MS you can be also sure that you and your passenger will arrive everywhere in great safety, thanks to its advanced safety systems, including 9 airbags, pre-collision safety measures, and much more.

Now fitted standard with RAS, the Revera Adaptive Air Suspension System, providing you with a smooth and comfortable ride.

That relaxing driving experience is underlined by our new 7-speed-automatic-gearbox with seemless and quick shifts, coupled to a 4.9L Direct Injection V8 producing over 300ft-lb from 1500 rpm. Thanks to its overdrive gear, it achivies respectable 21mpg on a combined cycle.

As with any Revera, it remains true its performance heritage, thanks to its 414hp V8 redlining at 7200rpm, 52:48 weight distribution, low center of gravity and precise steering, it is also thrilling to drive.

How much you ask? $34860. And that includes also a 3 year warranty.

Stylish. Practical. Emotional. Comfortable. Safe. Thrilling. The Revera MS 4.9 L.

As Oprah would say…

Here it is… Smooth Edsak!

It’s got everything. You don’t believe me?

• Comfort ? automatic transmission, adaptive dampers with progressive springs, premium interior with premium everything… check
  • Safety ? all the driving aids in the world and advanced safety waiting to save your a…head! check
  • Reliability ? just look at the numbers, it wont break even if you hit a with a hammer…repeatedly. check
    -** Practicality ?** Have you seen the car? It basically practicality on wheels… check
  • Driveability ? It’s a fwd car with quality suspension, raised seating position, sportcarlike weight balance and extremly friendly engine. check
  • Looks ? it’s a box! What is not to like about the box? doublecheck
    -** Wallet friendly ?** It’s 32500$€§ and despite 9.5sec to 100kmh, this V6 needs only 6.75l/100km. so yeah… you only require a small check

Oh and if you are not sure if that engine is really super finecheck this out:

1 Like

[size=150]Komodo Vition[/size]

looking for a family car that could do EVERYTHING for your every needs?
why not take a look at our newly rebuilt Vition?

it’s a 7 seater. but no one said anything about you cant fit more in there [size=65](i’ve actually done this irl. fit a 7seater car with 12 people. how? i don’t even remember how)[/size]

it has a 3.2l V8. enough cylinders to brag about, small enough to be reasonable, high tech enough give this car a 23.5mpg, yet powerful enough to push itself and more with 250HP. feel like that isn’t enough? don’t worry, we are actually holding this engine back a lot. we’re sure there will be a lot of aftermarket components soon enough for this engine. forged internals, a tubular header swap, engine rebalance, ECU remap, give you an extra 1k RPM redline, and lets the extra 35HP out

yes, we really mean that. you can pull more than double it’s own weight, thanks to the Ladder/Body-on-Frame chassis that we developed. strong and rigid to be able to can withstand anything you can throw at it, and more, while still keeping the weight reasonable.

6 speed automatic coupled with an electric Limited Slip Differential means we put Komodo’s SECA* system for manual override and more control over the ride experience

[size=75]*Smart Electronically Controlled Automatic[/size]

this all is still well below your budget for Only $33000.

so what are you waiting for? get one now at the nearest Komodo Dealership.
or are you still not convinced? well why not ask for a FREE test drive at our dealership? it’s only a call away :slight_smile:

@asdren that is a VERY beautiful car. although it looks like it fits the 2010s more?
well it’s still better than my 1990s looking SUV anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, yes, we know, a minivan might be the last thing people would expect from Dragotec. And to be completely honest, our test drivers were throwing a few fits over having to drive something that can’t even do 0-60 in under 10 seconds, but we think we might have done something you’ll like. I introduce you, sir, to the Dragotec Atlas!

It doesn’t have a lot of power, with just 150 BHP, what it does have however, is plenty of torque, 280 nm of it from 1650 to 2700 rpm. Also, we’re proud to announce that it quite easily gets you over 40 mpg aswell. This, whilst carrying you and 6 other family members in considerable comfort. We’ve fitted the car with an advanced sat nav system and entertainment, providing the kids with screens to watch their shows on, to keep these "Are we there yet?"s to a minimum during these long road trips. Safety has been one of our main concerns aswell, cramming airbags in wherever we could, and fitted some sensors to help during these tight parking endeavors. Speaking of which, if you ever find yourself stuck in mud whilst on some fishing or camping trip, you can activate the emergency diff lock, and get out without hassle. A roofrack is optional aswell, to help you lug stuff around on these roadtrips with 7 people onboard. Now, is it affordable you might wonder? Sure it is:

Good luck with your car shopping sir, and we hope we could please you with our offer.

2 Likes

Greetings!

Now, if you’re shopping for a minivan, you have a multitude of choices, just look at all these cars posted above this. However, don’t you think they’re all a bit… bland?

[size=150]Well, we’re here to change that![/size]

Introducing the 2007 Spitfire Mesosphere GTS. The GTS is based on the second generation Mesosphere, which was launched earlier this year, but as opposed to the sensible base model, this one is a bit more… exciting.

Instead of the 4 and 6 cylinder engines that have become commonplace in minivans these days, the Meso GTS offers a 4.2 liter naturally aspirated V8 chucking out 262 horsepower.

[size=125]Why, you ask?[/size]

[size=200]Because why not![/size]

Although fuel economy is quite dismal, and even though getting good MPG’s wasn’t the GTS’s priority, it comes standard with a big button that says [size=200]“ECO”[/size] on it. This deactivates half of the cylinders and turns the growling V8 into a humming V4. Fuel economy in eco mode hasn’t been tested yet as this car is literally just being finished, but we’re sure it’s in the high 20’s.

What this huge engine also means is that the kids don’t complain every time you put your foot down because the family econobox is too slow. Rather, it will be the car they want to drive when they first get their license.

And don’t think that this car’s all about speed. Inside, the cabin is adorned with rich leather materials, in just about any leather color you can think of. Real wood trim is splashed here and there, but not so much that it’s overwhelming. In the center console, each button is surrounded with a soft blue LED, so you never need to fumble around looking for which button to press. In the center of the beautifully designed center console, lies a rather large touch screen, displaying vehicle information such as fuel economy and tire pressure, a navigation system, standard satellite radio, OnStar borrowed from General Motors, Bluetooth, voice activation, and much, much more. The car also includes an HUD system, and 5(!) TVs!

However, all this luxury comes at a price. A fully loaded GTS like the one pictured will go for around $37,000, which I know is a little more than you’re looking to spend, but you’ll definitely find this fun-to-drive package totally worth it.

If you go around to the back, you’ll find an automatic lifting tailgate, and inside, a cavernous trunk. The rear and middle rows of seats fold down, and at the very back of the trunk is a hidden storage space with 3 layers of storage!

So all in all, it’s not just a van…

[size=200]IT’S A SUPERVAN!!![/size]

1 Like

Mott Works is used to building sports cars so building something to be practical was a small challenge for them and so they decided to do something a bit different…a muscle wagon.

And with that we present the Mott Works Competitor Wagon

With the intent to combine both practicallity and sportiness it is powered by our 5 liter flatplane V8 producing 360hp and 329lb-ft of torque, providing ample acceleration in case you’re in a hurry, but it still allows for 22mpg due to its VVT and 6 speed manual transmission. On the inside it is capable of seating 5, although its not the roomiest of spaces, it is well equipped with premium cloth seating and a built in gps. Despite the large engine it is still quite quiet at cruise due to a double baffled muffler but thanks to its exhaust bypass valve it still gives a very sporty noise under hard acceleration. Fully equipped with driver assists and advanced safety the car is very easy to drive and in the case of a crash you can rest assured that you’re protected. You can get all of this for a price of $34965.

1 Like

Entries now closed, please await results later today.

1 Like