The official AMW thread - 2024 AMW Phoenix

To all those of you who still go to school: wouldn’t it be cooler if your school bus looked like this and did 0-100km/h in 6.4 seconds?

This bus has a 7.5L twin-turbo 40V V8 with 435hp and like pretty much all busses, it’s RWD. But if you’re a fan of burning rubber, well it might be able to do a burnout from a standstill but not much else, as this thing weighs 2.8 tons. The block and head of the engine are cast iron, but they do have high-tech internals for improved reliability. The chassis and body panels are corrosion resistant steel.
Inside, you get standard interior for all the 6 people this thing carries at max, premium entertainment so you don’t get bored on a long journey, and advanced safety tech to protect everyone as well as is humanly possible. You also get a 6-speed automatic gearbox which, let’s be honest, doesn’t shift as quickly as modern double-clutch systems but it gets the job done and you can still do 0-100km/h faster than most of those posers in their fartcannon Civics or Polos. Price on demand.

Of course, if you’re not a student but a VIP, for example a rockstar with their band, then you can order the VIP version which looks exactly like the one above. Under the bonnet, you get the same 7.5L engine but with a different turbo setup and slightly raised redline for a total of 700hp because your time is valuable and you don’t wanna get yourself and your equipment stuck in traffic jams. You’d much prefer driving this thing at its (aero limited) top speed of 221km/h on a highway. Sure, it’s not as fast as your private jet, but it’s also less expensive, good to know in case your success falls off a little bit. And to be honest, 4.7s from 0-100km/h is not too shabby for a 3 ton bus. Plus, this version of the bus comes with luxury interior and entertainment because you want nothing but the best, and “hand crafted” interior doesn’t always mean “high quality” interior. The price for this one is 125.000€, about the same as your average high-class caravan, but much faster, more spacious, and probably more comfortable as well.

Now for a model that has drawn attention at the Geneva Car Expo 2015, right next to Gryphon Gear’s latest insane model. Its development is now finished and it’s called the

[size=150]AMW Charybdis[/size]

While the name refers to Greek mythology thousands of years ago, the exterior is aggressive and futuristic. Speaking of futuristic, so are its ambitions on the sports car market.

First of all, you can select one of two driving modes for it: track, or high-speed.
The track setting gives you the maximum possible downforce, allowing the car to complete a lap around the Nürburgring in less than 7 minutes from a standing start.
In high-speed setting, the lips and wings of the car are electrically set to a lower inclination, and the undertray is made less aggressive. That way, the Charybdis will achieve a top speed of 423km/h while still granting enough downforce to make the driver feel confident going this fast.
Both of these settings use the same gear ratios, meaning that in track mode, the final gear is basically only used as overdrive for slightly better fuel economy.

Secondly, this car runs on 95 RON fuel and on sports tires. This means that you can fill it up at pretty much any gas station you come across, and you won’t have to explain to the officers why your car is running on semi slick tires (in case that’s illegal where you live). And let’s be honest, you will get pulled over in this car quite frequently.

Speaking of fuel, even in its sharp “track” mode, the Charybdis will use less than 15l/100km, making it more economical than your uncle’s Jeep Grand Cherokee. You can tell him he needs to spend his money on something a little bit more environmentally friendly, and think about the future. As you finish that sentence, you need to show him a picture of the car so that he knows what you mean with “future”. Or you could show him the specifications of the car in your AMW leaflet and point out that despite this car’s performance and the fact that it has a 6.2L twin-turbo V8 it weighs just 1146kg, about the same as his wife’s Mini Cooper.

That being said, he would need to spend a lot of money on this car to begin with. At 500.000€, this car is anything but cheap. However, its 6.2L twin-turbocharged V8 with a redline of 9000RPM is not only very powerful (1481hp), but also extremely reliable, so you could drive this thing every day and it wouldn’t break. Your spine might, though, if the roads are particularly rough where you live. Also, keep in mind that this is a supercar and not meant to be comfortable, so don’t expect any toys or gadgets inside. Prepare for almost-race-car-like performance instead. And think about the future.

Greets,
Tom

Thanks TheTom for the insight about that nice beast.

Since all cars that used to be small have gotten bigger and bigger, and since the Mantis’ old bodyshell was starting to look a bit dated even with LEDs and well-shaped head- and taillight arrangements, AMW had to design a whole new one from scratch. And here it is:

Despite the similarities to one series of a particular german car company (at least on the rear end), this is a properly new car. Fresh plastic for the body panels, new engines, new suspensions, revised 6-speed manual gearboxes and now standard Infotainment systems are all included now.
We decided that 1.2L is not a proper size for a now bigger car, so the smallest you can have is 1.4L, of course turbocharged. The 1.4L has two options: 90hp, or 114hp. The 90hp option was added because that’s the number of power that sells best in Austria because of how insurance categories work here. Higher power → higher insurance. For 90hp you don’t pay very much insurance but in a small car it’s still enough power to get moving at an acceptable pace for everyday purposes.
Then, there’s a 1.6L with now 132hp, and the 1.8L eco version makes 159hp. All four of these versions use pretty much the same amount of fuel, which is a respectably 3.8L/100km despite the fact that they’re all about 200kg heavier than they used to be.
Of course, there’s still a Fun and a Sport version of the 1.8L engine family, too. The Fun version makes 190hp, allowing you to go from 0-100km/h in 6.7 seconds while using only 4.1L/100km. The Sport version produces 225hp and does 0-100km/h in 5.9 seconds. It uses 5.67L/100km, and that’s far less than its rivals (Golf GTI, etc.).

However, the Mantis HP has also been revised. It now comes with a 6-speed double clutch gearbox and with a 2.0L turbo I4 that makes 370hp, allowing it to go from 0-100km/h in just 3.9 seconds! Sure, it will use 8.6L/100km, but so will pretty much everything else in its class (if not more!). This thing really is a pocket rocket, and the best thing about it is that it costs less than a Golf R! Get yours today for just 47.500€ at your local AMW dealer!

Greets,
Tom

The new Mantis looks fantastic! This has always been your best platform in terms of design. I really like the flared wheel-arches. They make the car look really exciting and sporty. I also think it’s great that you have a common design theme with all of your cars: the grille. I could definitely pick an AMW out of a group of cars. The only little criticism I have is the headlamps. Obviously, the attention to detail is amazing and it also contributes to your cars’ uniqueness, but I would like to see them flow a little bit more to the body work. On this model at least, they seem a little misplaced. Perhaps if they were larger and worked a bit more with the natural lines of the body, they would fit more. I’m sure it takes a long time to get them just right. The taillights on a lot of my newer cars require the same thing, but I think for both AMW and Camoria, it’s a very big payoff.

Thanks for the feedback! And now that you pointed it out, i agree that the headlights might look better if i could reposition them a little bit towards the outside of the front end, and maybe make them a little bit bigger.
Unfortunately, if i go to the Fixture section now (or any part of the Model section), it’s locked and i can’t change anything. Do you know how to solve this?

EDIT: Never mind. I can change the position and size of fixtures i already have, but can’t add new ones.

How about this, then?

I think it’s looking better, but I wonder what it would look like with the headlights staying its own area and not protruding onto the grille area. Notice how the grille area is just a little bit more salient than the place that I would call the “Headlight Area”? I’d like to see what it would be like with the headlights staying there.

I love discussing aesthetics with others and you’re welcome to leave me more feedback on future models as well, but in this case i think i’m happy with the way it is. I also like when the long side of headlights like these points towards the grille, especially when the grille is in the middle (height-wise) of the front end because i think that makes the design really stand out and emphasises the sporty nature of the car.

Now for something new. A 2-seat luxury coupe with an 8.0L NA V8 engine. Anyone wanna guess what it is? Yes, it’s the new Kestrel, and it looks like this:

This really is more than a sports coupe. You’ll notice this immediately when you open the door and the fine, luxuriously equipped interior comes to show. Of course, you can have an automatic gearbox too, but for enthusiasts (like myself and pretty much anyone here on the forums) there’s a 6-speed manual as standard.
Under the bonnet sits a new 8.0L V8 with modern Pushrods, keeping the engine light and compact while returning 630hp and enough torque to blow an entire set of rear tires in 15 minutes… if you want to. If you don’t, then you’ll have a very comfortable cruiser with, let’s face it, not a very low fuel consumption. But considering its power, its engine size, and its ambitions as being a luxury car and a muscle car at the same time (neither of which is a particularly economical car category to begin with), roughly 15L/100km is acceptable.

So is the price. These roughly 1650kg of Aluminium and leather (as well as some Magnesium and AlSi found in the engine) will cost you just 100.000€, putting it in the same price category as a new Corvette Z06 which out performs this car by far, but it’s just not as elegant.

Greets,
Tom

Introducing the new Eagle

This is AMW’s competitor to the BMW 4-series. That means Premium interior and entertainment, as well as advanced safety options inside. Medium Compound tires, as well as a 6-speed manual gearbox round up the package for the standard models. Above are the pictures of the 3.0d, the best selling version. Its engine now makes 215hp, allowing it to go from 0-100km/h in 6.8 seconds and using only 4.6l/100km. Also available are a 2.5L I6t and a 4.5L V8TT block in 3 variants each, eco, fun and sport. Development on these engines is still in progress, as is the development of the HP and the HP d.

But the biggest change, as you can see, is the exterior. It’s not a fancy supercar, but it is a lot less conservative compared to the previous generation, while losing none of its elegance. You can tell right away that the sharp headlights hint at the car’s sporty ambitions, and that’s totally justified because Double Wishbone front suspension and Multilink rear suspension are standard for all models. Even this 3.0L “diesel” gets a sportiness rating of 45.7.

Greets,
Tom

To prove that it’s difficult to make a hatchback that doesn’t look like an A-class on the front with this particular bodyshell, i’ll show you the new Weta which looks even more like an A-class than the Mantis:

Still, the funky taillights and the silky smooth Inline 6 noise should convince you that this isn’t an A-Class, or any Mercedes for that matter.
Like the previous generations of the Weta, this is a luxurious hatchback. Think of it as a compact Bentley. And i do mean Bentley, because the acceleration from 0-100km/h takes just 5.2 seconds thanks to the 300hp of this car’s 2.5L turbocharged Inline 6. Keep in mind, though, that this is a 1.6ton RWD hatchback.
Inside the cabin, you’re going to feel at home immediately. Soft leather seats, a leather-aluminium dashboard, the latest infotainment and a great audio system. This car has it all.
You’ll be surprised, then, that this luxuriously equipped car, with its Aluminium chassis and bodypanels as well as its high-tech engine and double-clutch gearbox, only costs 50.000€. But it’s true, it really does! And it uses 7.2l/100km, that’s significantly less than, say, a BMW M135i.
Get yours today at your local AMW dealer!

Continuing the trend with the luxury cars, here’s the new Grizzly! A car you should not enter if you’re afraid of bears.

If you aren’t, then you can just push the start button to fire up the all-new 9.0L twin-turbo V8 with now 825hp. Of course, you don’t need (and actually can’t) use all of this power at all times. But when you do, you’ll make even Lamborghini drivers jealous because of the thrust this thing generates. 0-100km/h takes 2.7 seconds, 0-200km/h is done in 8.5 seconds, and you can pass the Quarter Mile mark in just 10.3 seconds!
Inside, you get all the finest materials, just like on the previous generation, but with some updated software.
Compared to the old generation, though, you now get Active Comfort suspension. This, along with the exquisite interior, and the smooth 8-speed double-clutch gearbox (with an automatic mode) will allow you to travel long distances not only quickly but also in great comfort.
On top of all that, because this car comes with all the best safety features currently available and because it’s made from carbon fibre and yet weighs 2.2 tons, the driver safety is in a different league [size=85](101.0 safety score)[/size]. Crash into a skyscraper, and it’ll fall down while you won’t feel much hurt whatsoever even when the bricks start falling on top of the roof because they’ll bounce off.
Thus, a price of 350.000€ seems reasonable for the millionaire who wants speed, comfort and safety.

Greets,
Tom

Continuing the trend of luxurious cars, here are the new Tiger twins!

http://i57.tinypic.com/206bwux.png http://i59.tinypic.com/1eutrp.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/mc3rsg.png http://i57.tinypic.com/qrkhhh.png

Both of these wild animals are powered by the same, new 4.8L turbo Inline 6 engine, now making 575hp (just like a BMW M5/M6 with the optional Performance Package). This power helps the 2ton RWD cars accelerate from 0-100km/h in 4.1 seconds, and from 0-200km/h in less than 12 seconds.
At the same time, the interior is not only on par with the German competition, but maybe even a step beyond. That being said, they’ll still go round the Airfield track in less than 1:26 each. The fuel consumption is 12l/100km for these cars, not too bad considering their capabilities.
The suspension is more tuned for comfort than for sport, compared to the previous generation. But still, you won’t be disappointed by the handling. Or by the 8-speed double-clutch gearbox. Or by the fact that these cars will do 310km/h.

All these things considered, a price tag of 150.000€ seems fair and realistic. And of course, if you wanna burn some rubber, you can just switch off the electronic driver aids and have some fun!

Greets,
Tom

That is truly one of the nicest wagons I’ve seen on this forum. The lines are all very clean, it looks distinct, stylish, and smart. The color choice works well with the car as well. I genuinely cannot think of anything I really dislike about the car.

Nice! It would be nice competitor to upcoming my luxury one, Airborne Omega :smiley:

Thanks for the compliments! It was definitely a lot of work, i can tell you that much. You know, i started out thinking “Would be good give one of the older saloons a facelift”, and after about an hour i was done with the design and thought about which car this would replace. And of course the headlights were similar enough to the old Tiger that i was convinced to call this the new Tiger.
That, however, also meant i had to do an estate version of it as well :smiley: There went another 45 minutes or so of my life xD It’s so difficult to get all the angles right on these taillights (that is, make them equal on both cars) because they’re obviously custom made. I didn’t manage to make them the same angle and size on the estate, compared to the saloon. I apologize for the lack of professionalism but i’m still a human being and i can’t make everything perfectly equal every time. I’m happy you still like it :slight_smile:

You may have noticed that this thread hasn’t been updated in the past few weeks. And i unfortunately have to report that AMW now has to face an economic crisis.

I don’t think anybody believed me anyway, especially since it’s April Fool’s day.

So there it is, AMW’s big 4-door flagship, the new Royal. Ready to rule the world!

This car is on a mission. A mission to convince rich people that diesel engines are the way to go on luxury flagships like this one. With 659hp from a 10.0L twin-turbo “diesel” V8, it’s certainly not underpowered. Thanks to the AWD and the 8-speed double-clutch gearbox (with an automatic mode), the power and torque delivery is relentless. Sure, a 2.8ton saloon like this is never going to break any speed records [size=50](hear that, Gryphon Gear?)[/size] but 4.2 seconds from 0-100km/h and a top speed of 330km/h are some very impressive numbers in a car like this. Also, the engine is as silent as a sleeping baby, and the interior is nothing short of sublime.
With all that weight up front (and frankly throughout the car) despite the carbon fibre construction, the safety is unmatched by any other car (even the Grizzly). And so is the fuel economy, at least for cars in this class. 9.0L/100km is what you’d expect from a hot hatch, but not from a 2.8ton Rolls-Royce rival.

Of course, developing all this technology was not cheap. And neither is the final car, but the Royal has never been cheap. 1 million € for the safest car on earth, the most economical flagship saloon ever, the latest technology both inside the cabin and under the bonnet, and the fastest Diesel powered car currently on sale seems like a good deal to me. What do you think?

Greets,
Tom

Greeting, petrolheads! Did you miss me? You may have noticed that i haven’t been completely inactive if you checked the OP in this thread regularly because i did update all the previews except the Peregrine’s (because i haven’t built a replacement for it yet).
Today i’d like to show you a car that’s pretty much the opposite of the car i showed you last time. It is the new Phoenix

http://i60.tinypic.com/b7i73n.png http://i58.tinypic.com/2wg5dsw.png

This new Phoenix replaces not only its own predecessor, but also the Sparrow. The reason for this is that the Phoenix and the Sparrow were so similar to each other (aluminium chassis, polymer panels, RWD, same bodyshell, almost the same interior, same price class, etc.) that AMW decided it would be best to discontinue one of them. So now the Phoenix takes the only place in this niche.
Engine-wise you now have the choice between a 2.0 NA Inline 4 with 250hp or the same basic engine, but with 304hp because it’s basically as racey as it gets keeping the engine road-legal.
We wanted these cars to be fun for those who know what they’re doing, but also accessible for those who… don’t, i guess. Anyway, therefore they come with only 235mm of rubber on the rear axle in order to really enjoy the nature of a car like this once the electronic driver aids are turned off. But of course, they come with traction and stability control, as well as the obvious ABS and power steering.

The Phoenix competes, but also doesn’t compete with the Toyota GT-86. It is basically in the same class, that is it’s a small, affordable RWD sports coupe. However, even the 250hp version will absolutely dismantle the Toyota. It does 0-100km/h in 5.2 seconds and can run round the Airfield course in 1:27.1 all while using less than 8l/100km.
The 304hp version, though, is 1.5 seconds faster round the Airfield track than the 250hp one, and it does 0-100km/h in 4.9 seconds. The suspension setup is pretty much as dynamic as it gets, with a slight oversteer tendency at the edge. The Sportiness:Drivability ratio on the suspension says 1.00:0.93
Even with this kind of performance, the Phoenix 300 (as we call it) will use less than 10l/100km. It will cost you 40.000€, whereas the 250 will only cost 32.500€. Also, both of these cars are very reliable. The Phoenix 300 achieves an overall reliability score of 75.8 even with an engine redline of 9500RPM.
Let me know what you think about these cars!

Greets,
Tom

Back to the more expensive cars. This is the Capricorn, AMW’s first SUV, and by SUV we mean Sports Utility Vehicle.

With a sportiness rating of 31.6 despite weighing more than 2.5 tons, a utility of 109.1 and an Offroad value of 34.5, this car is certainly up for the task.
Inside, you get 5 luxury seats and premium interior, just like Germany’s finest. And just like them and the Range Rover (or the Jeep SRT8 and basically any SUV for that matter) the theoretical fuel consumption is just a black number on white paper.

But the power and torque from the 6.2L twin-turbo V8 is so relentless that this 2.5ton colossus can not only beat but absolutely smoke an A45 AMG over the quarter mile, as it runs 12.4s. 0-100km/h takes just 4.2 seconds, however the top speed is of course very limited (255km/h) because of the very high drag coefficient.

Unlike Germany’s finest SUVs though, this one costs “just” 90.000€. All extras included. So it’s either this, or a regular Porsche Cayenne with less than half of its options. And nowhere near the performance. Choose for yourselves!

Greets,
Tom

The new Mamba is here!

Lighter than ever, and with a brand new engine as well as a new place in the market, this car is ready to rock the world of students on a budget who want a practical and economical sports car!

• 800kg light. Mostly because it’s now made from carbon fibre pieces that are left over from “bigger” carbon fibre AMWs. So this material costs us basically nothing, as instead of throwing the small carbon leftovers away (which is an expensive habit to begin with), we can put them together to produce a whole new car!

• The new engine is now a 1.0L naturally aspirated I4, with 140hp for the base model. This doesn’t sound like much, but remember this car is lighter than a Lotus Elise, and so it’ll do 0-100km/h in under 6 seconds even with the standard 6-speed manual gearbox. The top speed is 225km/h and that’s easily enough for your daily driver sports car. Because of the small engine, no turbo weirdness and all driver aids except launch control, this car is also very easy to drive but still feels very sporty (63.5 Drivability, 60.9 Sportiness). And the best thing is that it’ll do the Airfield Track in 1:31.4 which is faster than a BMW M3 E46.

• New place in the market: instead of being in a tier higher than the Lotus Elise, it is now in a lower price range than the Lotus. Remember, the previous Mamba way made from Aluminium and polymer and we had to buy all of that in order to produce the car, whereas now we don’t have to order extra materials to build the chassis and panels which saves a lot of money.

On top of that, this 1.0L base model with 140hp uses just 5.2l/100km and has a reliability score of 74.7 even with an engine redline of 9500RPM.

The price for this beauty is 27.500€ so if you’re a young student and your parents don’t mind buying you a car for your birthday if it’s not too expensive, then this is it! If you don’t have rich parents but you have some spare cash, you can also pay 1/3 of the price right away and the rest over the course of the following 3 years. Like all standard AMWs you get a 5 year warranty and you only pay half the yearly service costs if you actually service your car once per year and you do it in an AMW workshop.

What do you think? Would you like to have one?

Got screenshots of the stats for the Phoenix and new Mamba?
So the Phoenix performance wise is above the Mamba?

Yes, the Phoenix is above the Mamba in both price and performance.

Phoenix 250:

Phoenix 300:

Mamba 1.0 base model:

I erased the total cost and production units for the Mamba because being from carbon fibre, the numbers were way higher than they would be in reality because like i said, it’s made from leftover pieces from carbon fibre. That would of course decrease those numbers drastically.