The Presidential Tank [November 2nd]

You might be saying; that’s oversize for a presidential car. You’re totally right. It’s a god diddly darned TANK. Y’know, tanks are highly armored. That one too.

At Teskamotors, our motive is Go Big, or Go Home. You might’ve guessed already that we aren’t so much into small format. Bigger is better in all that matters in this TANK.

Specifications:

• Machaupn 7.6L Turboed 6cyl Boxer delivering 637hp @ 5700RPM and 745 lb-ft @ 3000RPM. In letters, that means its good and smooth.
  • All around independent suspension for extra comfort. Wheels included.
  • 4x4 Transmission and lockable differentials for off-road presidential escapes.
  • 3200kg of competition-crushing goodness.
  • A top-mounted siren so you look important.
  • Good looks :sunglasses:
  • Teska expertise, mhm.

What can I say except You’re welcome.

8 Likes

SOME ONE MADE MORE HORSE POWER THAN ME?! WHAAAAT?!

2 Likes

26 hours remaining!

November 2nd 00:00 (midnight) (GMT -5)

Yeah that’s [REDACTED]

Cool and good

Update: Oops.

Yesterday’s Group B monster, today’s presidential limo? You bet.

For 1990, Kotobuki Motors’ Hime gets its last, extremely limited run after about ten years of production: The Gran Finale, an in-house extended-wheelbase armored limousine form. While it otherwise looks mostly like its motorsport homologation version, save for its length, its appearance hides even more than before, yet it still has rally blood in it, with the same boxer-six, except up-stroked to 5.6 liters for 228 horsepower and 361 foot-pounds of torque, available early and smoothly.

While re-engineering it for limousine form was quite the task, the Hime Gran Finale even has an upgraded version of the rally car’s variable-distribution geared AWD system, now with traction control and ABS to ensure smooth, fast, responsive, and controllable use of each wheel’s grip on any terrain at up to 120 MPH. You’d regret buying a 2WD limousine if those two drive wheels were to be destroyed.

Speaking of wheels, the Hime Gran Finale rides on 17-inch ballistic steel rims that, along with every other steel panel of the car (including what would appear to be a simple rear mudflap), are rated to stop .50 BMG, along with low-profile run-flat tires (compensated in ride quality with hydropneumatic suspension) and sealed steel drum brakes. This makes it particularly hard to try to take out the boxer engine by shooting at the front wheels from the side. The boxer engine is also much lower than a comparable inline or V engine would be, keeping any would-be assailants guessing as to how the car still runs after shooting where they’d think the engine’s supposed to be.

An on-board oxygen tank, when switched on, maintains positive pressure vented out through the C-pillar to keep out any dangerous substances in the surrounding air. The spoiler tilts forward, not so much for active aero as it is to provide yet another slab of bulletproof steel between the passengers and an assailant behind the car. The bulletproof rear doors open rearward, allowing the option of having rear cover upon exit or entry. The underbody is protected by a tray that’s good for keeping internals from being scraped, and even better at taking landmines and other explosives with its blast resistance.

And that’s only speaking about the safety. The sealed hydropneumatic independent suspension provides the utmost ride quality that takes climbs, descents, bumps, and corners without a jolt in the cabin and with minimal body roll. You’ll barely even feel what (or who) you run over! This suspension, coupled with the limousine’s advanced all-wheel-drive system, ensures that each wheel has and uses as much grip as it can possibly have at every moment.

Your limousine can have looks, performance, fun, luxury, and motorsports heritage all in one. Beloved by
Japan’s car enthusiasts, elite, police, government workers, businessmen, taxi drivers, and even yakuza, the Kotobuki Hime Gran Finale quite literally extends the Hime’s revered status to be suited for the highest rungs of society, including you.

The Kotobuki Hime Gran Finale. It can take a hit, or just outrun it.

The Presidential Tank - FacePwn64 - Kotobuki - Hime - Gran Finale.car (48.8 KB)

6 Likes

The Presidential Tank Challenge is closed!

Judging will commence in the morning with a clear head!

All late vehicles may be submitted and will receive a review but due to being late, will not be eligible to for the winning circle.

6 Likes

Teaser - Should be complete this evening.

4 Likes

REVIEWS ARE HERE - If you want a breakdown or more information as to why/what feel free to ask me and/or reference the attached XLS file.

@Fromaj
LTC Hayfield - “Subject 05: V.I.P. HMMPT by Teskapechaun”

(glare was unavoidable for some reason)

Submitted as a heavy duty protection/luxury vehicle with alot of uparmor planned equipment already equipped from the factory

-It is equipped with a 7.6L 6 cylinder boxer, the “Machaupn 7600BXR6 30v-DOHC TurboMPACKAGE”. Full of acronyms just like we like it. Making a stout 637hp and 745lb-fts of torque, it pulls all loads requested of it and throws this 7k behemoth to 60mph in 7.74seconds. During stress testing the engine was found to not like the high rpms where its peak power sits however.

The power goes through an automatic 5 speed with a transfer case though it the thin webbing on the casing showed minor cracking during our durability testing.

The brakes provided good stopping power but smoked on extended decents and repeat events.

The heavy duty suspension seems to be the best here, capable of being loaded 8 thousand lbs in addition to all of the equipment the vehicle already comes with, with a curb weight of 7023lbs, Tank definitely comes to mind. Main issue was the frame flexed quite alot and may not withstand the same weight the suspension can in the longterm.

“Mark this one to move to the next stage of selection and propose a few changes” said the Project Manager Jacobi “hold on, what’s this about failing the safety test? Get ahold of the manufacturer and get an answer for that Liuetenant Michaels.”

-Binned due to not meeting the Safety Minimum-

@Z2bbgr

LTC Hayfield “Subject 12: The Sarissa Amare by SBA, hailing from Thailand”

A longwheelbase sed-“A submission from Thailand?” PM Jacobi interuppted, “oh my bad, continue…”
The Sarissa Amare is a longwheel base sedan specializing in high speed getaway, luxury, and rolling defenses. From the factory it has a Supplemental O2 System, CTIS, and more.
It’s powered by a “Damn that looks sexy” PM Jacobi said, “…sorry”.
It’s powered by a 6 Liter V12 36valve making 350hp/372lb-ft with no power adders and a slight detune for longevity and reliability. The solid cast iron block took multiple .50 BMG rounds in order to penetrate and a few more to disable the engine.

It’s simple 4 speed automatic Rearwheel drive layout ensures time in the shop is minimized with a time proven setup, 1st gear is a tad long but once the V12’s powerband hits, it is gone, holding a 0-60mph of 7.86s.

The brakes showed some fade but not as much as other test subjects, an upgrade in pads should remove what we found during testing when it’s uparmoured. The suspension is as durable at the rest though it’s load capacity does not leave much room after armoring to add anything extra, at least from the factory it is loaded up with alot to begin with.

“Send the boys from Thailand my congrats” PM Jacobi, “They’ve done well, send them our reviews, those sleek looks apparently came with backup! Surprise attacks are my favorite”

@droya

LTC Hayfield, next up is “Subject 27: Cerberus - Presidentiale”

The Cerberus made submission is a heavy duty wagon boasting some absurd power numbers. Powered by a 6L V16 is a seemingly complex engine but that is a far cry from it’s actual design. The uses an outdated Direct Acting overhead cam with a 4 barrel single carb and Variable Valve timing…“Wait, did you say, V16, with one carburetor?, I’m pretty sure my old Plymouth 440 had more carbs than that.” interjected PM Jacobi. “hmmm, go on, wait, no…, why are we still using carbs?”
Unsure, regardless it makes 602hp at, 7.4krpm though the internals did started knocking past 7.2k and oil pressure dropped around the same time.

We could potentially ignore it but the gears are so long with the 5 speed automatic (AWD) that it needs to tach out nearly every shift.

Not to mention when we took it top speed, it had a very difficult time slowling down once we hit 100mph, the pads gassed and it was over. We are unsure of the issue since it has 4 pot calipers and 15" rotors on all four wheels.

The leaf spring suspension was capable of handling the weight of the armor but there are many other submissions that have done much with less “heavy duty” components.

“I’m done, now you’re on the verge of wasting my time LTC.” said PM Jacobi.

@Asami

LTC Hayfield “Subject 28: FaerGruber’s FX Series”

An automatic AWD Sedan somewhat like the SBA we tested about 2 weeks ago. It is powered by a 4.8L V8 making 256hp and 281 lb-ft with usable power up to 6100rpm, a nice wide powerband. “sniffs I can smell the Freedom, Lay it on me LTC” said PM Jacobi,
Yes sir, the cast iron block hasn’t been put through the firing squad yet but it has withstood all abuse up to this point.

The transmission set behind the ‘FG Jm8 48-26-18’ V8 was geared right on point and has no lag between shifts. From standstill to top end it will get up, just not a whole lot with it’s 8.9s 0-60.

The brakes were tough and we could not make them smoke or heatsoak, even with some extra weight it stayed tough. The 4 wheel disc and 13" rotors pinched by 4 pot calipers were up to the task and tenfold.

The safety went swimingly though we think they had sent this vehicle with the wrong hydraulic valves for the suspension as it can only carry 1500lbs before it starts to bottom out.

“Hmmm, that’s unfortunete, see if you can get more information on that, if it’s something simple, we could have a winner on our hands” sighed PM Jacobi.

-Binned for Over ET (Trim) and under loadcapacity 1577/5000lbs-

@FacePwn64

LTC Hayfield “next on the chopping block, Subject 40 the Kotobuki - Hime”

It’s a 1990 model but they have updated it with many of the equipment we need already. It’s a very sleek and well thought out design.

The powertrain consist of the Kotobuki H5464GF, we are unsure of what code stands for but it is a 5.464L…wait, oh…cough 5.5L Boxer 6 making 361ftlbs and 228hp. It has Varibale Valve Timing on the Intake cam (DOHC) and Multipoint Fuel injection with Individual Throttle bodies. The ITBs proved difficult to service in the field and in general as the butterflys would some how “untune” themselves. The alumimum block was quite light but it was easily shredded by the .50 BMG test. Cracking the block, destroying the timing chain in the process stopping it in it’s tracks. To note it did run very rich, with possible fowling on the plugs.

The 5 speed manual AWD setup was relatively durable but the casing had cracked on the rough terrain course so we couldn’t do much testing there.(Negative quality) The gearing was nice since the boxer made alot of low end torque.

The suspension and brakes were a bit of a mystery to us, it utilizes 4 wheel 14" drums with very very aggressive ceramic pads. To our surprise the drums never did heatsoak though we suspect that might change post Up-Armor. The suspension however bottomed out at 2k lbs so we couldn’t test the brakes at full weight. They also have a very thick 35mm front sway bar with no rear sway bar. The reason why wasn’t implemented in the testing/design notes. To note they mentioned run flats but they sent low pro tires.

“Damn, maybe we can take the Chassis of this Kotobuki and mix it with the internals of that V.I.P. HMMPT” exclaimed Project Manager Jacobi, “well damn I’m dissapointed, I loved that one, pull up the next test review quickly before 1130 hits. The BG wanted to have lunch at the sushi place, Asahi.”

-Binned for under load capacity and low profile tires

@Flamers

LTC Hayfield “Following up, subject 41 is the Patriot - El Salvador - El Presidente”

It is a 4 door ute- “What is a ute? That looks like a crew cab pickup to me” said PM Jacobi “nevermind, continue”

Using a 4 Liter V12 making 250hp/256lb-ft channeled through a 4x4 Automatic transmission, it hits 0-60 in 10 seconds. “wait, 10 seconds? Is this before or after uparmor…? Oh, before…” said PM Jacobi “my apologies, go on.”
Despite being a V12, it was relatively reliable and took many rounds to halt it, the transmission in the same boat, though like a ‘boat’ it beached itself in sand since the Open diffs negated the 4x4s efforts."

On the plus side, they testers said it road like a cloud, it also road like a cloud as all 4 rotors went up in smoke and the front rotors failed to lock up the front tires at all. It appears the pads gassend hten the brake fluid boiled and it became a vicious cycle. (pads sacrificed for comfort).

The hydro suspension was rather comfortable and it was able to handle the up-armor though there wasn’t much room to play with afterwards. Maybe remove the gun turret in the bed for more capacity? “Wait, it had a 50 cal turret in the bed? Well goddamn if that isn’t some beer n hotdog frying freedom right there!” PM Jacobi noted, “Send a message back to the manufacturer and see if they can fix the defects…”

@zschmeez
“It’s been 4 weeks of these, can we stop now LTC?” Said PM Jacobi

Possibly, next is the Albatross Motors, Mammoth, “Subject: 52”

“Isn’t that company that has taken the US by storm in most recent years? No surprises here, proceed” interjected PM Jacobi.

The Mammoth at it’s heart utilizes a 6 Liter V12 making 318hp and 364lb-ft with a massively wide powerband running strong to a redline of 6400. VVT and MPFI definitely helped it achieve all it had accmoplished. The engine was one of the more durable powerplants only sitting a hair behind the 4L V12 from last week. The SUV puts the power down with a wide ratio 5 speed automatic to all 4 wheels, though it still does 1 wheel peels on our testing circles.

It is also worth to note the vehicle is quite a looker, it has clean lines from the front to the back. Also we may have gotten it up to 145mph+ fully laden.

No matter what we did the brakes would not give up. Overloaded, overcapacity, downhill, it would never smoke, boil fluid, or otherwise fail. We’re pretty sure they collaborated with Brembo but didn’t put any outward markings of it. It utilizes Electric power steering and top of the line safety equipment and a Hydro suspension that was able to sustain upwards of a 6000lbs payload. We did not add more weight because we didn’t have enough equipment to do so with.

“Stop right there, give me the full report on that vehicle right there. I want you LTC and 1LT Michaels to make a Powerpoint for the 1700 Commander’s Update Brief and I want you to brief why the Albatross should be the vehicle we pick for the president. I’m confident from their past track record that the other data you have is all positive as well.” said Project Manager Jacobi said excitedly.
“4 weeks? Goddamn, at least I’m making GS13 pay doing this…”

----Congrats to @zschmeez for Winning the Presidential Tank Challenge----
2nd Place: @Flamers
3rd Place: @z2bbgr

Scoring Sheet, Zipped per Forum Restrictions
The Presidential Tank Scoring Sheet.zip (7.9 KB)

MR PRESIDENT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

Ah dammnit. When I was told my truck had busted the max ET, I lowered the quality sliders. And by doing so, my safety rating dropped right under 55. Challenges are so puzzling… Congrats to the winners!

Albatross Motors is honored to be chosen by the Commander in Chief.

In all seriousness, thanks for an intersting challenge. My one comment is that hydropneumatic suspension is OP in the literal sense. It produced an enormous gain in cargo capacity when combined with rear multilink suspension, which is how I was able to achieve 91 comfort rating.

1 Like

You’re 100% correct, though if you do note, the comfort/safety scores are put on a decay rate so going so high only got you so far. You’re overall build rose the scores up well above the rest.

I was aware of the hydro suspension from the beginning and there was a modifier in place but everyone picked hydro so it was moot.