The Street Showdown Challenge - On Hold ATM

Oh, forgot that as well. If you want to create tracks for the duel event, here’s a small guide and a handy tool for creating tracks, provided on the links below:

And here’s the maps of all races (except the Financial and TGR races), but it’s crude and probably low effort (Sorry!), If anyone can help designing the tracks feel free to use it and send the new and improved images to me as well.

SSC.zip (155.9 KB)

8 Likes

Entries are now closed. The event will start when I’m officially ready for the event. Stay tuned.

And that means: Please stop giving entries to me now. Thank you.

10 Likes

Feelsbadman

1 Like

If there’s another race next year then you can have another shot on it.

Looks like many people wanted to join a competition with (justifiably) smaller cap, including myself. This might be my time to learn how to host competitions, and then host one like this with enough experience to catch people who haven’t made it.
EDIT: In case I actually host competitions with a cap, I’ll make sure to not operate on a first-come first-serve basis, as I feel it provides a breeding ground for rushed entries. I’d allow entries before the deadline, with entries narrowed down by RNG or maybe voting.

1 Like

December 23rd, 2002

In a small section along the I-15, a red minivan with a small family of four is driving home for Christmas. The roads were clear, barely any cars driving along. Weather is calm, slightly windy but manageable.
The perfect conditions for a street race.

In the distance, two cars can be seen from the van’s rear view mirror. A purple Yuro Glaze, and a light green Ursula R1.
The boy, sitting up front, sees the two cars approaching at a blindingly fast speed, and points to them.

“Papa! Look!”

To the father’s horror, as he takes one last glimpse of the cars approaching behind them, he sees the Yuro rolling towards them at great speed, ablaze. He looks at his young boy, with great sadness, and utters his final words.

“Grow well, Pepe-”

Present Day - June 2012, Horizon Bay, CA

“Pepe! Take a break! Kanina ka pa nandiyan! (You’ve been there for a while already!)”

The early morning silence is disrupted yet again.

“Sure, ma, give me a moment.”

Pepe gets up from beneath the Purple Yuro Glaze, somewhat annoyed, and wipes off his sweat with a towel he positioned nearby.

“You should eat, Pepe. Here.”

Pepe’s mother places down some bread and coffee on his table as Pepe cleans himself up. Shortly after, Pepe grabs a piece of bread and dunks it into his coffee, and eats it in one bite.

“Pepe, you hadn’t eaten breakfast, had you?”

His mother asks with a disappointed face. Pepe doesn’t respond, and continues eating, occasionally taking a sip of coffee.

“I understand that it’s been hard for you these past 10 years. But you have to let it go. Tigilan mo na, hindi mo ba nakikita yung nang- (Stop it already, Don’t you see what’s bec-)”

“Ma, we’ve talked about this. WIll you simply let it go that easily? I don’t care if its been, or will be 5, 10, or 20 years. Hahanapin ko ang gumawa nito kay papa (I’ll find who did this to papa), and I’ll make him pay. I’ve decided that, please respect my decision.”

Pepe angrily slams his table. The grudge in his heart still hasn’t left despite it having been nearly 10 years since his father’s death.
Before any of them could say another word, Pepe’s phone rings, and he picks up the phone. His mother heads out of the garage.

Picks up phone

“Hey Pepe, how ya doing?”

“What is it now, Jeremy? Make it quick, I have to make sure my mother isn’t off crying again because of me.”

“Oh, damn. Shouldn’t you take care of that first? Well, whatever, I’ve finally found that green Ursula you’ve been talking about. For real this time.”

“Jeremy, this is the third time this month, I’m gonna cut your fucking sack off-”

“Nu nu nu nu! I promise you! This is actually it! Aggressive bodykit, massive wing, and a bright green paint job, right?”

“You’ve literally found eight different cars with the same description this past year and they aren’t what I’m finding for. What makes this any different from all the other rice burners you’ve found?”

“I’ve sent you an email, check it out. I have confidence in this one.”

Pepe goes to his laptop, and opens up his email. He stares in horror at the vehicle presented in front. It was the exact car he was looking for. Aggressive bodykit, massive wing, and notably, the iconic bright green paint job he remembers vividly.

“Well, Pepe? Seems familiar does-”

“Meet me at Park & Avenue, now.”

“Wait, as in-”

“You know what I mean.”

Pepe hangs up, and quickly cleans himself up. He gets into his car and starts it up. The turbocharged 6-cylinder engine roars as it starts, and he drives off.

The Revenge of Pepeng Kaliwete

Description of Pepe

Pepe is a 17 year old boy born and raised on the streets of Manila, and later Las Vegas. He has quite a baby face and is adored by those around him for being honest and kind, however he is rather shy and can be a bit of a paint to talk to if you aren’t already close friends with him. He is rather short compared to those around him which adds to the difficulty.
He began driving at the age of 6, when his father used to teach him the basics of driving a manual transmission. He fully learned how to drive stick at the age of 10, and won his first race not too long ago.
He is left handed, but exceptionally skilled. Hence his nickname “Pepeng Kaliwete” or “Left-handed Pepe”.

Character Name: Pepe Bautista
Character Nickname: Pepeng Kaliwete (Left-handed Pepe)
Character origin country: Philippines
Vehicles: 1998 Yuro Glaze 2.4 L Coupe
Backstory and description: See above

8 Likes

I heard some people wanting to make some RP with others. So, if you wanted to start an RP with other people it’s recommended to ask them by PM nicely. Yeah, sure you could tag them at your post, but I don’t really advised to do that since it could cause some issues to those who being tagged.

2 Likes
How I am Going to do my Manga RP!
I'm did a small sketch of my character ^_^

I am going to try and sketch the scene we RP! However, it is not optional! So you can say no for me trying and draw your character which may take longer if you have a specific image of your character. But i can draw the manga by angling and shading your character to make them anonymous or through text or a phone call! Endless possibilities.

It is preferable if you DM on Discord which is Falling_Comet#0036 (Who would of know!) as I am more active on the official discord however, there might be time zones issues so if i don’t reply I’m either at school or sleeping!

Disclaimers
  • If I do not have time i might have to just do the regular text RP. Sorry if this happens to you! I really want to draw this, its quite a fun experience!
  • I am not a pro artist, far away from that, so if it doesn’t turn out the way you want I’m sorry! TwT
  • I’m more of a sketcher so my drawings may not be refined or clean so please note that!
  • I have a sh*t laptop that overheats and dies, so it would be very helpful if you provided images of the car if you want it in the scenes (also in the angle u want it in!)
  • This is my first time at RP online or with anyone seriously! So please be easy on me ^_^
  • Also i might do 1 person at a time to make my life easier sorry!
  • For more info on time zones, it is ACDT (Australian Central Daylight Time)

Sorry for this long tangent! I just want to clarify with everyone on how I am going to do my RP and the outcomes it may have!

18 Likes

Sorry again for another post! But this is a small one! I came up with an idea that people who are willing to be part of this send me their character description and details about their clothing etc they wear so i can make a list of all the characters willing to be part of the manga im doing for this!

All as references and for me to practice drawing them!

Here is what i have so far! (all are rough drafts of the characters)
(Right: Johnson Ray @Lazar Middle: Izawa Akagi @Falling_Comet Left: Amaya Yuzuki-Scott @Vena.Sera423)

Upcoming characters:
Walker @Vena.Sera423
The Show Down King @BannedByAndroid
Ghost @ST1Letho
Senna Matsushita @Fayeding_Spray
Helda Fincke @yurimacs
Justin White Jr. @That-S-cop
Pepe Bautista @variationofvariables
Nakamura Arinagi @Supermini555
Rin Iwasaki @yangx2
Aaron Jones @Aaron.W
Andrew “Drew” Haring @titleguy1
Aruna @Aruna
Claire McIntyre @donutsnail
Kyle Cloud @Mikonp7
Micha Reichsteiner @Xepy

Summary

This is literally become an Anime ironically xd

19 Likes

Well I’m making RPs for my character Amaya. Meeting all the other drivers prior to the showdown. You can PM me here or at Discord under the same username.
I sent a couple already so you’ll all get to experience Amaya :stuck_out_tongue:

Johnson will be pretty reserved with the group, he’ll talk very little but he’ll try getting with a group to listen in. He’ll be listening out for any events taking place at night on the streets.

2 Likes

Horizon Bay, The Day before the First Race for the Showdown
The Drivers were sent for the opening of the Showdown event near downtown Horizon Bay.
The parking lot for the 22 drivers competing. We will follow Amaya and Walker as they were one of the first ones to pull into the parking lot. The Vinette glistened in the sunlight as the car backed up to a parking spot. Walker and Amaya stepped out to take a look around, seeing the cars and the drivers as they enter and present themselves.

(Formula D, Long Beach, Pit Area)

“So this is it, the Street Showdown.” Amaya said.
“Yeah, it’s bigger than I expected. Almost like those racing games based around large fantasy festivals. To think that they do exist.” Walker replied.
“I wonder when he will show?”
“Well the star of the show should be the last and grand appearance as it usually goes.” Walker looked around still amazed at the site. “The race starts tomorrow and already there is a crowd gathering.”
“Well let us put on a show for them.” Amaya smiled with excitement.
“No you’re not going over there and show your boobs at them. This is a family friendly event!” Walker stated.
“Don’t be a killjoy!” said Amaya, “I wasn’t going to show them my boobs… for now…”
Walker stared in disbelief. “Let’s just wait and watch who comes in. Meet our competitors, and don’t get any strange ideas.”

To be Continued…
I will edit this post with RPs that I hope to write for each character. I will try to PM you when I make something to confirm the plot with you guys. You can also PM me too if you have something as well. I’m trying to get the stories to sync."

@Yangx2
Usagi

Amaya and Walker were sitting in the lot where the drivers of the event will gather. The next car that pulled in the lot was a white Huangdou Sprint with an aggressive AE-Miyata aero kit.
“Ara Ara, that is one serious Huangdou.” Amaya stated. “I didn’t know a Chinese brand could look that good. I wonder how it performs?” She watched it roll by slowly. Listening to the engine note. The grumble of the turbocharged v6 was eminent. “Not bad…”
“That is Usagi.” Walker said while the Huangdou backed in near them. “Rumor is that car is an urban legend around these parts. Not much is known. I guess we’re going to find out who is piloting, Yuki no Usagi…”
The door of the Huangdou opened and out stepped a young woman dressed in a hoodie with rabbit ears and a lot of charms, along with rabbits feet tied to her belt. The girl stood and looked around the lot with the other contenders deep in thought.
“Ara Ara…” Amaya looked at her, her eyes wide open as she put her hands on her mouth, started to blush and blood started coming from her nose. "Ara Ara Ara…
“Uh… are you okay?” Walker asked.
There was a slow silence.
“KAWAII!” Amaya shouted and ran to the girl. The girl jumped from shock and turned around to see Amaya. “Yeet!” The girl shouted raising her arms to stop her. But Amaya immediately grabbed her into a tight hug. “Oh So Cute!”
“Amaya!!!” Walker shouted rushing to them.
“Oh my god you’re so cute, let me take you home with me!” As Amaya was hugging and rubbing her face against the bunny hoodie. The girl tried pushing her away but Amaya kept squeezing her tighter.
“God damn it woman, don’t hug her! Let her go! You’re scaring the girl!” Walker shouted as he tried to pry away Amaya from the girl.
“But she’s so cute, I love her!” Amaya stated.
“Get off of her damn it!” Walker finally pulled Amaya away.
“AAWWWW BAKA, You stupid meanie!” Amaya shouted hitting Walker. He just absorbed all of her hits.
“I’m sorry you had to go through that.” Walker told her while Amaya squirmed in his arms. “This is Night Rain and I’m Walker, it’s been nice to meet you.” The girl nodded at him but she looked very unhappy towards Amaya and stuck her tongue at her.
“Ugh, you’re such a killjoy Walker.” Amaya said with a disappointed look on her face.
“Yeah yeah… let’s go now!” as Walker carried her away.

@ST1LETHO (Thanks for the Collab)
Ghost

More and more cars start flowing in the lot. Parking one after the other. One car had started to enter the lot. A black Kurokama SC-R. Amaya watched it enter and roll by. She could have sworn that she had seen this car somewhere before but couldn’t put her finger on it.
“Interesting…” She said. She listened and could tell that the SC-R had a distinct rumble of a turbocharged v8. “That isn’t normal, that engine has been swapped to something of greater capability… Ara ara… I wan’t a closer look.”
“Hmm…” Walker pondered. He looked up the email with the drivers. “Say’s that the Kurokama is driven by someone called Ghost.”
“Ooooohhh, are you trying to spook me there Walker?”
“As if…” he replied.
“I could of sworn I seen that car somewhere… years ago…” Amaya said. “But I’m interested in what is in that car. Let’s take a look!”
" I don’t like where this is heading…"
Amaya started to gleefully walk to the car while Walker kept close making sure she wouldn’t get out of hand. The Kurokama parked and a dark silhouette came out. Wearing a black backwards cap, dark sunglasses, a bandana covering their face, and a jacket. Amaya walked up to the car, taking in every curve of the lines.
The dark dressed character turned to see Amaya was getting very close to the car.
“Beauty, isn’t it?” they said.
“Ara ara… you have good tastes.” Amaya said. “Though I can pick out that what you have under that bonnet is not of the ordinary.”
“A custom built engine, based on a racing model… pretty easy to notice, heh!”
“I did my research.” she then started to stare at the dark dressed character. “Ara ara, and there is something unique about you too…”
“And that would be?” She asked curiously crossing her arms over her chest, standing partially behind the car.
“You’re a woman!” she said with a smug look.
Walker then stopped Amaya
“Okay there… Don’t be going around assuming people!” Walker replied trying to hold her back.
“Yeah… Something wrong with that?” She slid off her sunglasses a bit, looking at Amaya. She knew that she heard the ghost rumor, and probably it is bugging her.
“I’m just wondering… where have I seen you before?” she asked.
“Okay… I’ll just stand right here…” Walker turned around. “Man this place is impressive.”
“No idea… Maybe we just passed by in regular life.” She shrugged carelessly.
“I have not seen you before.” She looked at her, putting a chewing gum in her mouth.
“I just race for fun!” she said “I use to run a little Kiana around to tracks and street races out in the boonies.”
“I read magazines and learn about drivers and read about their cars and such.” said Amaya.
“Oh… did i get covered on some magazine?” She nodded, looking on the woman in front of her. She knew that only time she was on Magazines was as the Night Mare.
“Hmm… now that you mention it…” Amaya pondered. “I’ll have to go back to my collection. Like my Tire Shredders and S-SPORT’s.”
“S-SPORTS” She put a finger on her chin “Have seen that one only once” She lied. It was the magazine that covered the crash she had when she was nineteen.
“Oh you’re missing out on some juicy content.” She said. “Actually I’m pretty sure there was one with a tech sheet for a Kurokama like this. I think it was an October issue.” she pondered once more. “But on another issue that car crashed in a race. A nasty rollover.”
“Sounds unfortunate” She looked a bit surprised. “Luckily, these cars can take a hit or two… was the driver okay?”
“Unfortunately not.” Amaya replied.
And that is when she knew she is talking to a cop.
She smiled, walking back to her car.
“Interesting, i do not remember the magazine covering that” she sighed “The one i have seen was the one about the crash”
She started walking away “I’ll be at the food area if you need me, officer”
“You want to know something interesting?” she said
“I did some more research… Turns out the driver was never found.” she smirked at her. “Are you really a Ghost?” But at the moment, she already disappeared in the crowd, like a proper Ghost.
“Okay… I think we had enough conspiracies here!” Walker turned.
“I think it’s time to go!” Walker grabbed Amaya.
Amaya had an blank look in her face. “A Ghost Huh…”

7 Likes

"A German Girl in an American Scene"

(source from picrew.me)

Short background

Born in 1991 February 1, Helda Fincke is just wee little gal in the little hometown of Baumholder, Germany. Nothing really happens there, except of course seeing her father, Wegner Fincke, always dirty after long hours of working on his car. Helda as a kid really did not care about what was of her father (at the time) but always curious what was in that garage. At the age of 12, she graduated at the top of her class, thanks to her mother, Emilia Alfent Fincke (a Brit), who always cared and attended to her when the husband was not around.

Faithful encounter

One day, Helda was able to take a sneak peek on what looked to be of a shiny blue paint, a stubby sports car. Looking at such striking sharp edges and straight lines, She fell in love with the Bradford. It was only that time that she had realized she had a thing for cars, especially the one her father had.

9 years have passed

9 years after last seeing the car after migrating to the US for work, Helda has led a safe but mundane life.She is earning the money that she can afford to live in the US and spend extra on any little and unnecessary things in her lifetime, but really, she is wanting a thrill in her life, and mostly, her attitude changed. Her thrill-seeking soul and happy-going mentality went away as adulthood encapsulated her.

At work, she just received a letter, written by both her mother and father. Long story short, her father exported the car all the way from Germany. It sparked inside her a little of that joy knowing that seeing that shape in her life once again with the hardwork from his father poured in the car.

However, after arriving at the port, it was looking all different. It looked so shiny, with the body full of pearl, and rims that were a big contrast of black. Gone was the wing that accompanied the very strking shape and was replaced with a large diffuser, which also brings to the LED Taillight bar at the rear that makes the car look just a little bit more retro.

In the inside, there was a notebook that had “Eine Outlaw-Reise” (An Outlaw’s Journey) written in front, and a a small piece of paper which had a telephone number, a telephone number to the Fincke Household in Germany. Knowing that she at least had a care for her parents, she called without hesitation

dials in number

phone picks up at the other end

Helda: Dad!

Wegner: Helda… Is that you? It’s been a long time I heard your voice. Now listen her-

Helda: What’s up with the car? The whole thing is converted to such a racecar… Like at least tell me the whole point with converting our sportscar into a fucking outrageous ra-

Wegner: That is what I was gonna tell you. Now listen up, I entered a competition, an illegal one in fact, with your name with it…

Helda: Ok, that is just really fucked up…

Wegner: I know, your life is on the line here. Now here is the thing, if you win, then you can call yourself a true racer. I know you had it in you ever since you were a kid.

Helda: . . . . .

Wegner: I know you can do it, now make me proud, you will make this car’s legacy through this challenge.

phone hangs up

Helda:…
Scheisse

Horizon Bay, The Day before the First Race for the Showdown

Helda arrives at the scene at a place that is not so conspicous, except for the fact the car itself is just a glowing sign that a racer has arrived. Helda looked around at what’s really happening. There were many kinds of cars, muscle cars, sportscar, family sleepers, the whole lot! There were some people dressed up as their favorite characters. For Helda, it looked so surreal, but yet she doesn’t really give a damn at the moment, so she reads her father’s notebook…

What opportunities will await Helda?

- to be continued -

Character Name: Helda Fincke
Character Nickname (aka. name used on races): “Elan”
Character origin country: Germany
Vehicles: 1979 Bradford Urform Turbo

Edit: sorry for the bad formatting and kinda rushed story, I wanted to get something in for now (future updates and RP will be a bit better, I promise). However I'm open for RP and if anyone wants to do so, just PM me.

Edit2: Formatting changes, some corrections on some detail, and added character details

5 Likes

A little more update on my character. Just to follow everyone else’s extra story :sweat_smile:

-Over a week before the event starts

Singh arrived at his condo after half an hour of ride back. On his way back he can’t stop thinking about the event that Danny told him before he went home. He open the email and read the details of the event itself.

“A mix of official events and unofficial night events, all in the public with little to none supervision about cops.” He read. “And the place is in… Horizon bay.”

He thought it was in LA, which is very safe for street racing. ‘Horizon bay though?’ he thought to himself. ‘It’s very notorious with bad cops because of the large history of street racing there’. In the end, he has doubts if he should join or not. He’s not really in a pickle with money, he just want the thrill and fun of it.

“Better talk it over with the mates tomorrow.” He said to himself.

-The next day

The weekend morning in San Francisco is always beautiful. Fresh air, blue skies and no traffic. As usual in days like this, Singh is getting ready for his morning run. He planned the route perfectly so that he will reach the shop at 10 AM. He wanted to see Danny and the boys, and also to work on his car there.

-3 hours later

He was sweating and breathing heavily when he got to the shop. “Fucking hell, 3 hours of jog and I’m this knackered.” He knocked on the door, and after a few moment Danny opened it and ask Singh to enter.

(the inside of Danny’s shop)

“Singh! Come! The beers are in the fridge, feel free to take one.” Danny said.

“Yeah nah maybe later. Still tired from the run. Oh and g’day there Sonny.”

“Oy.” Sonny replied back. Sonny is the apprentice for Danny’s shop. Or was, he’s a full-time worker in the shop now after a rigorous 3 years if apprenticeship.

“So, you gonna join in the event there Singh?” Danny asked.

“You told me it was in LA. It’s actually in Horizon bay.”

“Shit man, isn’t that a bit dangerous?”

“I reckon, but I’m really interested though. You got any contact to any shop there?”

“Actually, there’s this one shop called owned by me old mate Alex. I can accompany you there. Bit boring here, and Sonny can take care of everything here. Right boy?”

“Yeah yeah I’ve been doing that anyway since you always go out to the desert.”

“Nice, that’ll be great. I’ll sign up now.” Singh said. He took out his phone and signed up in the event’s website. He filled up the details about his car, his nickname (not that he have one) and other paperwork necessities. After all that done, he went and tweak his car a bit. He parked his Type 5 in the shop since his condo doesn’t really have any parking spot left, which is convenient enough for Singh.

“You gonna take the Spirit out?” Singh asked Danny whilst pointing out the old green sports car.

“Nah, gonna take the blue Magnolia out for a spin, she’s new so I need more time with her.”

“It’s only a few hours drive from here, I’ll bring some parts with the pickup for you guys.” Sonny chimed in.

“Alright, great.” Singh said “I’ll rent out an Airbnb for us me and Danny, and we’ll go by tomorrow.”

“Sounds good to me.” Said Danny.

“I’ll back my car up and take her for a bit of a spin.” Singh said. He went into his car, turned the key and instantly the engine roared. “Fucking love a reliable engine.” He backed the car from the hoist, and made his way to the highway and does his own thing for a while.

-The next day

“Alright everyone, accommodation has been set, everything has been packed. All we need to do now is make our way there.” Singh said to both Danny and Sonny.

“Race you there prick, loser gets to pay for beer.” Danny said with glee. “And that includes you Sonny.”

“Hey that’s not fair. My truck only have 470hp and on top of that, I’m carrying your shits!” Sonny said a bit perplexed.

“Well at least we know that you won’t be last Singh!”

With a laugh, everyone went into their car and made their way to Horizon Bay, a tad over the speed limit.

-Jump skip to the day before the race starts (what a quick one)

“Danny, reckon we can park up here?” Singh asked Danny which sits shotgun with him.

“I reckon, I mean you’re in the list as competitors. But fucking look at all these cars mate. Very vibrant colours nowadays.”

“Preach that one brother.” Singh said whilst slowly backing up his car in the competitor parking spot. He wondered if he’s a bit too old to enter the competition. It has been a while since he raced through the streets. He did prepped his car and himself as much as he could, learning the streets of Horizon Bay in the days prior the race. You don’t just need to be good at driving, you need to learn the area as well if you want to evade the potential police chases.

His car was fully drowned out by the sound of the event. A lot of music, cars revving around and the sea of people in general that wanted to see all these modified cars. That and the fact that Singh still have a proper exhaust system made his car sound even quieter than most cars here.

He and Danny both got out of the car and looked around. A lot of cars, a lot of interesting people. Singh found this very interesting, and thus the two walked around to see what the other competitors are like.

p.s: Sorry for the bad writing in general, I’m still not used with it and trying my best to get better >:D

4 Likes

Stage 0.01

6th June 2012 | 09:45 | Somewhere in Horizon Bay...

It was a new day in Horizon Bay. Inside an apartment in the "bad" part of town, a woman lay sleeping on the sofa. The room was a mess, dirty clothes were strewn all over the floor and empty beer cars were scattered all around. Plates and pans filled the sink and piles of letters were precariously stacked on top of a desk.

All of a sudden, the loud noise of a train blared on by.

“Fuck. Can’t that damn train shut up.” the woman yawned. “Crap. it’s almost 10.”

The woman lazily dragged herself off the sofa and slowly made her way through the mess on the floor to the kitchen. It had been two days since she met up with ‘them’.

“Those bastards duped me”, she thought, clearing the mess away from the cooker. “I fucking needed that money. Landlady’s pissed enough as it is since I keyed her car. I’m gonna get kicked out at this rate.”

As she was cleaning the dishes, there was a knock on the door. “Speak of the devil, that bitch is here…”

“WAIT, I’m a bit busy at the moment” she yelled, hoping that would make knocking stop. but it continued. “Christ, can’t she wait for just a minute.”

As the woman dried her hands, she heard the click of the lock opening. Quickly, she reached into a cupboard for a pistol. Cautiously she made her way towards to the front door. Turning the corner, she closed her eyes and snapped the gun at the face of the intruder.

“…You must be ‘Bonnie’ right?” the voice said. Slowly opening her eyes, the woman saw what appeared to be a girl standing in front of her. “…What?” the woman said, confused. “How did you know my…” but before she could finish the girl quickly responded.

“Great!, I’m ‘Clyde’. Boss said I’ll be your partner for this mission.”

Lowering her gun, the woman was shocked. Right in front of her stood a girl, probably no older than 19 working for them.

“I guess, I’ll let myself in then!” the girl said cheerfully, as she pirouetted round the room and into the sofa. “Your room’s a bit messy, though I guess it isn’t as messy as my…”

“Who the fuck are you and why are you here” the woman snapped back. “Look, I don’t know how you got involved with them but you look far too young to be part of this mess.”

The girl frowned. “Too young? Didn’t they tell you the plan?”

“Beat the Showdown King and get him off the road. I was supposed to get half the money now and half later, but those bastards screwed me over.” the woman replied. “Unless you mean to tell me there’s more going on.”

“Of course!” the girl responded. “We beat the Showdown King, get him and anyone who gets in our way off the road…permanently…” The girl’s smile quickly turned to a demented grin as the woman looked in horror…

Awestruck, the woman couldn’t believe what she just heard. Realisation began to set in at what was going on. She needed to clear her mind. Grabbing her jacket and keys, she charged down the stairs and into a black cover car. As she turned the engine over, the girl jumped into the passenger seat.

“This is insane…fucking crazy. You mean to tell me this is a hit-job? That you’re the assassin?” said the woman in disbelief as she began to drive.

“Yep! You doubt me?” the girl replied, cheerful as ever.

Amazed at her reaction, the woman responded"…uhh of course, you’re a child"

“Rude, if I’m a child, you’re an old hag.” the girl argued back.

Slamming on the brakes, the woman yelled back. “Fuck off, I’ve lived long enough to survive this long. How did you even get involved with them?”

The girl fell silent. Her sprightly demeanour quickly changed to a more dark and menacing look.
“…What about you? Boss said you’ve been here longer than I’ve been alive.”

Swerving between traffic, the woman snapped back.
“Boss is spouting bullshit I ain’t that old, besides if you ain’t telling, why should I?”

The woman looked to her right only to see the demonic eyes filled with anger staring back at her.
“Well then don’t ask too many questions old lady…not unless you want to end up like the Showdown King…”

“And how exactly will you get close to him without me? Doubt you can even drive let alone reach the pedals.” the woman replied. Realising it wasn’t worth arguing anymore, she sighed. “Fine, I don’t ask questions, you don’t get boss me around. Deal?”

“…Deal!” The girl replied, with an ecstatic smile on her face.

As they reached the top of the hill, the woman pulled the car over at a picnic area. Jumping out of the car, she stared across the bay, feeling the breeze on her face.

Imgur

Credits for the bay image goes to : https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidyuweb/

“You come here often?” Asked the girl, kicking a pebble across the ground.

Lost in thought, it took a second for the woman to reply back.
“…No…not often, only to clear my mind. It’s a beautiful view over the bay…Father took me here a lot when I was a…”

“Never knew my father…” interjected the girl.

Amazed, the woman stared at her.
“Hey, I thought you said you weren’t gonna…”

“Gotta know my partner better right?” said the girl with a large grin across her face.

As the woman lit a cigarette, she stared back across the bay.
“You know, its jarring watching you flip between being a happy go lucky kid and being a total psychopath”

“It’s something my mother gave to me and my bro…” replied the girl. But then she stopped. Her grin, turning into a frown, tilting her head down the the ground.

Confused, the woman probed more.
“Your what? Bro…”

Snapping back to her lighthearted self, the girl skipped her way to the car calling to the woman.
“Woops! I said too much. Great view here though, let’s leave!”

Sighing, the woman made her way back to the car, dropping her cigarette on the floor, leaving the view of the bay behind…

12 Likes

Horizon Bay - Pre-race

w/ @Vena.Sera423

Rin pulled the old Huangdou into the designated bay, met with a multitude of looks while doing so. Lots here probably knew about the Yuki no Usagi, which was unsurprising to Rin. She had made a bit of commotion with the vehicle in the past after all.

Being her first time showing herself in the public eye of street racing, Rin anticipated to get some more looks when exiting the vehicle…

…However, she did not expect the sight of two arms aggressively wrapping around her. She was suddenly getting hugged by… Amaya? Ayaya? Alaya? She could not process the words in time as she was focused more on getting that damn girl off her.

Cute… she thought for a second…

Cute was her facade - both to her friends and family. She was usually silent, sometimes timid, but not to be cute, but instead, to hide her true identity.

Rin breathes cars in her daily life. To pay her rent, her food, accessories, everything. She works at a tuning shop, yet speaks little to anyone there. She crashes races just for the fun of it, yet always wonders why she even races. She had partook in getaways, her nunchuks bearing the spirits of a hundred crushed bones. Has she succumbed to her obligations and forced herself to enjoy this lifestyle? Or does she find solace in her dual persona through the thrill of speed? In the end, she has still struggled to find an answer.

It was the life she lived.

Rin nodded at Walker and gave Amaya what looked like an unsatisfied look. As Rin walked away, she secretly glanced at Amaya with a smile.

One bundle of joy isn’t she?

7 Likes

June 7th, 2012 - Monterey, California

11:58 PM - Unknown Location

Cold, dry air pummels Drew’s face. Laying off the throttle (and closing the window), the intense sound of blow-off valve is ever present. He reads the speedometer at his peak velocity - 140 mph. Not bad for under 10 seconds. Following him not too far off are Lexi and Pat, cruising happily in Pat’s '93 Maladus 430R.

Waiting in a car, waiting for a ride in the dark.

Via walkie-talkie!
D: "Wooo-hooo! I've got to say, this thing fucking rips."
L: "We can tell. It's almost impossible for Pat to keep up with you."
P: "Well, it's not my fault that you didn't choose to bring out yer supersonic Auburn."
L: "Again Pat, if we get pulled over in that thing we're screwed over. Got that? S C R E W E D."
P: "Just outrun the cops, duh."

Lexi chuckles to herself. She’s had her fair share of run-ins with the law, but it wasn’t really on her bucket list to get into trouble again.

WEE-WOO!
WEE-WOO!
WEE-WOO!
WEE-WOO!

Too late.

P: "Ah, fuck. The heat's here."
L: "Well, aren't you glad that I didn't bring that other shit?"
P: "Maybe we could outrun them faster, I don't know!"
D: "Guys, can you not do that now, maybe?"
L: "Look, don't worry about us. Just get the hell out of here."

Drew gave a quick salute as a second police vehicle materialized. Decisions, decisions - he could jump onto the highway and give the cops a high-speed chase or try to lose the guys in the mountains.

He drops the Caelum down a gear, engine rapidly rising in revs, and veers the wheel to the right. The AWD Caelum grips on for dear life as Drew carefully modulates the gas so that the car glides through the near-90 degree corner with ease. A street sign above is labelled “Route 101”. The alternating red and blue lights begin to fade as the guttural sound of 6 cylinders pulses into the depths of California midnight.

June 8th, 2012 - Route 101

12:19 AM

D: "I've lost them, I think. Are you guys good?"
Put your hands up in the air! Hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent.
D: "Wait, what the hell?! What's going on?"

Patrick guffaws.

P: "Damn, I really got you there! I wish I coulda seen yer face!"
He pauses to laugh more, whilst Drew cruises on the highway in mild shock, but mostly relief.
D: "Patrick, you are the absolute worst."
P: "Thanks, I've been training for that award. We got out fine, I dropped Lexi off at home already."
D: "That's good, I guess. I know it's a weird time to bring it up, but I want to talk to you about something real quick."
P: "What's up?"
D: "So, I'm supposed to be racing some guy for money... And that's pretty much the only info I got from Lexi. Do you know who the hell I'm going up against?"

Patrick remains silent. Drew knows what this silence means; he’s not telling the full truth.

P: "It's just some random guy, don't worry about it."
Still on the highway, Drew lets the silence ring longer.
P: "Fucking...Ugh, it's no use hiding it. It's the guy who goes by "Showdown King." I swear, I wouldn't have told Lexi 'bout it if I didn't think it was worth a shot."
Drew exhales, but this does nothing to reduce his stress. He didn't want that as his answer, but he expected it.
D: "Thanks for telling me the truth. I'm just gonna go home, I think. I'll cya around."
P: "Wait, I'm sorry. I know I should have told you earlier."
D: "I'm not angry, just... Let me think about everything for the night. I promise you, I'm not angry at you."

And he wasn’t. But that didn’t mean he wasn’t upset or nervous.

Drew came to a realization - there was no way that he was going into this race alone. Suddenly, his muscles tensed. He didn’t want to run into any other trouble besides the law; sure, he’s met his fair share of assholes and douches on the street and on the track, but the winnings for this race weren’t anything to laugh about. The Showdown King was an urban legend; a cocky name, Drew thought to himself, but based off of the experiences he’s heard from other people, well-deserved. Ruthless, too - he’s heard of countless deaths trying to face the “Green Devil”. Hell, he’s heard rumors of hitmen trying to take the guy out. This was not his place to play, and he’s not ready to pay with his life.

Drew was terrified. He suddenly wanted to call Lexi and tell her that he’s out.

But he couldn’t do that. Not now, not this late. The race was fast-approaching, the car was fully built, Drew had too much dignity to retire. Driving down the quiet night streets of California, Drew felt uneasy. Uncertain. Unsure of not just of his own abilities, but those of them who will inevitably be against him.

"Time will tell, time will tell, time will tell..."
17 Likes

Thats a cool drawing! (Sketch gang unite) I can use it as a reference for his looks! Awesome!

4 Likes

“Can I really do this?”

Claire nervously pulled the LCm79/80 into the lot where the showdown competitors were gathering. Her heart was racing, but to her dismay, from anxiety, not excitement. She had spent the last few weeks putting in countless hours behind the wheel of her car, making sure it ran well, getting used to its handling, and taking on anyone who would race her for practice. She expected by now she would be brimming with confidence, but she felt almost overcome with panic now that she was here. She slowly made her way to a back corner of the lot, windows rolled up and eyes dead ahead the whole way, afraid of making eye contact with another competitor.

She pulls directly into her bay. The valvetrain clatter and exhaust drone of the big V6 flood the kit car’s cheap cabin. In just the minute it took to get to her spot, the interior is already sweltering hot. She shuts off the engine, cracks open her window, then reaches across the cabin to do the same to the other side. She finally glances through her window at the rest of the lot. Wickedly fast looking cars. Youthful, attractive people.

“Can I really run with this crowd?”

She reaches into her shoulder bag in the passenger seat. In the bag, she pulls out an old photo she’s brought. On the back, written in pen, it says “June '82”. She flips over the photo.

It’s one of her favorites; a moving shot of her in her old Legion Super 8. It only just dawns on her that the photo is now exactly 30 years old.

“How many of these other drivers aren’t even as old as this photo?”

She cracks a smile for the first time since she got there. She looks again across the paddock and at the other drivers, and her overwhelming nervousness finally wanes.

“I was just like them… Cocky, talented numbskulls who can’t pass up an adrenaline rush. And really… I haven’t changed much.”

She finally, mercifully, opens the car door. The flimsy door of the LCm79/80 has to open a long way to clear the tube-frame chassis and actually allow egress, and a rush of fresh air washes over Claire as the door swings open. Getting out of an LCm79/80 is a multi-step process. She lifts herself up and out of the seat, one hand on the tall door sill and the other on the seat bolster, then sits on the door sill, where she can then finally swing her legs out of the car.

“Gross. I’ve damn near soaked the seat in sweat already.”

She reaches back into the car to crank down both windows all the way to let it air out before she heads towards the rest of the lot to meet the other drivers and their rides.

–Please PM me if you want your driver to meet mine before the racing starts! I’m new to this RP thing so I’ve built awkwardness into my character to match.

9 Likes

Ghost - Day 0

It was early in the morning, maybe around seven o’clock, the sun was barely shining, but the TV was already running and making noise. On couch in front of it sat a young gal, likely in mid twenties, long dark burgundy hair tied into a loose ponytail, body and face that could get her on many magazine covers.
It did not take long before the noise has woken up the other person in the house.
As the owner walked into the living room, he was met with an interesting sight.

“Ghost, one of the fastest and most skilled underground racers… sitting on the couch at seven o’clock, wearing just an oversized t-shirt, mouthful of MY cookies, watching old cartoons” he sighed, looking at her
“Len, aren’t you a bit too old for that?” He said, shaking his head a bit.

“Mfmfmff Off” She made some noises, blushing.

She put her ponytail over the back and looked towards the window, munching on another cookie.
“Thh mfmfmf ff today” She mumbled

“Will you please stop eating while talking? You are like a kid” He crossed his arms, waiting for her to finish the cookies.

“The race meet is today” She repeated herself, wiping the crumbs off her mouth.
“I am not sure if i wanna go” She sighed, standing up, the t-shirt slid off her shoulder, making her look more like a bed pet than a street racer.

“Because it is day?” He asked, concerned about what is going on with her.

She nodded, looking away

“Don’t be like that… stop hiding”

“Ugh”

“…”

“Fiine” She sighed “I’ll go change”

Some time later

The garage door slowly opened as the V8 Kurokama started behind them.
Ghost was now in her usual public clothes, backwards flat peak cap, bandana, jacket, and sunglasses.
With heavy rumble of the engine, the car launched out, heading towards the city.
“With my luck, i will immideately run into some cops” She chuckled, sliding the bandana on her face.
It was not hard to find way to the meet, many other tuned cars did head there.
She just turned on the mp3 on her radio and sang along “Minute after minute… hour after hour.”

[I’ll add in interactions later]

6 Likes

You Never know who comes through the door. Might be your boss, might be your lover, might be your death.
In the scene we race, the one coming through the door is always the next meal.
The Next Challenger, The Next Victory.
You may never know the name of the person who may finally best you
And some of us are better for that

Losing is hard for Senna. Her first loss was to her friend, Tomoki. They were young, in a simple drag race is downtown Osaka, 1998 Himiwari Noble GT vs 1993 Sumitoyo Nijimura SUNLITE. Senna was in the Noble.

She Lost.

But it made her want to win more, and now she had an opportunity to go even beyond Tomoki.

(In Japanese, on Phone) “Yeah, I made it safely. Some guy met me in a car park- ew not like that, he handed me a USB stick of sorts, something about a plan, I dunno.”

The conversation went on for a bit before she hung up the phone. She slotted the pen drive into her Laptop, and up came a map, with a location marked. How odd She thought to herself, and began driving towards the location, while flicking on her radio.

As she drove along, she noticed two cars following behind her, keeping their distance for now.

Quickly, the two cars moved, flanking the Valence from both sides. The Driver of the Ursula motioned for her to follow them, and she quickly moved to keep up with the two mystery cars.

“Huh, this is a nice place, pretty cool bunch of cars” Senna said as they moved into a rather small garage filled with various tuned cars.
“Yeah, we’ve been running over this city for a while,” The Driver of the Ursula said as he got out of his car “I’m Miguel, and that was Kenna in that Raijin” As he poined to the woman getting out of the Pink Cressa.

“Where’s everyone else? You’ve got a load of ca-” She stopped as Kenna threw a hand over her mouth as she walked by.
“Like Miguel Said, we’ve been runnin’ 'round here for a while. Cops gotten worse 'round here, girl. Some of these cars belonged to drivers who were either run outta town, or thrown in the lockup.” She pulled her hand off of Senna’s mouth, and followed Miguel through the door, motioning for Senna to follow.
(In Japanese, to herself) “What the hell have I walked myself into…”

10 Likes