Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

[quote=“Madrias”]Well, I wouldn’t mind a minivan, honestly. Something basic 90’s minivan mixup?

Also wouldn’t mind seeing a 2010’s sedan at some point. Alternatively, a big 1940’s or 1950’s era luxury car, like a Mercedes or a Rolls Royce. But definitely, we need more than just the one minivan.

I don’t know anything about 3D modeling, but how difficult would it be to, say, split a sedan in between the front and rear doors and make a limousine out of it? Figured I’d ask you as you seem to have figured out an efficient way to take an idea and make it something in game rather quickly.

Either way, I look forward to seeing a new minivan at some point.[/quote]

I have an idea of a huge mid-late 1940s GT car, the kind that could swallow a V16 engine. As for making a limo, that could be pretty easy, actually. Would just need to separate the car between the doors, clone a bit of each door up to the cut area, move the edges to line up with the separated parts of the body and just weld the roof and skirts together. It would be harder for a car with a sloping shoulder line, as that middle area would be a flat part to the slope unless each door got modified to compensate, but something flat like my Continental would be easy.

Welcome to 1988!

I seem to have everything done, so I’ll double check a couple of things, make the thumbnails, and upload it!

I should also mention that unlike the Murciélago, there is no rear engine option on this one. The modifications to the back bumper made it so that the frame has to be very short at the back, so there won’t be room for anything except maybe a small V8 or decent sized V6, so that option was cut.

Hhhhhhhhhhhh all my want :astonished:

How much harder would it be to do a Countach body?

[quote=“strop”]Hhhhhhhhhhhh all my want :astonished:

How much harder would it be to do a Countach body?[/quote]
I’d have to do that from scratch, so it would take much more than the few hours it took me to do this one. I have thoughts on making a Countach (or something based on late 60s/early 70s wedge-shaped concepts), but it won’t be my next project. I have my eyes on the Pontiac Trans Sport next. :laughing:

This thing has less drag and more lift than the Murciélago, but also has a slightly smaller engine bay, so no 11.4L V12s. Should be able to take a roughly 10.6L V12.

+1 for the dustbuster :stuck_out_tongue:

The Diablo-ish body is now available! First post updated, and here’s the standalone file:
thecarlover90SupercarLarge.zip (585.7 KB)

1 Like

Take ALL of my YES.

Hey thecarlover, I thought Toyota Previa/Estima maybe good as well, as it has longer wheelbase (2865 mm/112.8 in compared to 109.8 in), but it was shorter (4750 mm/187 in compared to 4933 mm/194.2 in)* and narrower (1800 mm/70.8 in compared to 1877 mm/73.9 in)**. It also produces two versions: wide-body and narrow-body (4700 m/185 in or less long and 1700 mm/66.8 in or less width) for Japanese Domestic Market, so I also suggest this body as an alternative to the GM U-Minivans as well, as it has two versions.

*Overall Length.
**Width without Mirrors.

[quote=“ohm1996”]Hey thecarlover, I thought Toyota Previa/Estima maybe good as well, as it has longer wheelbase (2865 mm/112.8 in compared to 109.8 in), but it was shorter (4750 mm/187 in compared to 4933 mm/194.2 in)* and narrower (1800 mm/70.8 in compared to 1877 mm/73.9 in)**. It also produces two versions: wide-body and narrow-body (4700 m/185 in or less long and 1700 mm/66.8 in or less width) for Japanese Domestic Market, so I also suggest this body as an alternative to the GM U-Minivans as well, as it has two versions.

*Overall Length.
**Width without Mirrors.[/quote]
Different wheelbases means having to make different models, as each variant has to keep a constant wheelbase while other features can be modified. As for the different sized ones, it would be the same as the wheelbase issue. It’s possible to have the body being wider for different variants, but that would cause issues with engine bay space varying as well as fixture placement when switching between variants and so should be avoided to prevent issues. Different length is easily solvable with morphing (though on a constant wheelbase). More and more bodies are becoming available, through myself, other modders, and the devs, so I’m sure the minivan market will have more possibilities soon enough. I’m mainly hoping to just have a late 80s/early 90s streamlined minivan, and the Trans Sport/Lumina’s sleek futuristic styling caught my eye :laughing: It’s also a bit more generic, and could pass for a European MPV as well as the American minivan it is.

Not to be a pest, but could you put the covers over the truck beds as an update to the truck? I’ve been enjoying the truck so far, I just wish I could put a spoiler on the back to see if I can make a really fast truck.

I thank you for the amount of time and effort you’ve put into the vehicles you’ve made, and I look forward to future ones as well.

[quote=“Madrias”]Not to be a pest, but could you put the covers over the truck beds as an update to the truck? I’ve been enjoying the truck so far, I just wish I could put a spoiler on the back to see if I can make a really fast truck.

I thank you for the amount of time and effort you’ve put into the vehicles you’ve made, and I look forward to future ones as well.[/quote]

If you go about this, please look into making the truck with a bed cover have a MR drive train too. The truck is fantastic as is and it has proven very popular with my farm truck challenge.

[quote=“KLinardo”]

[quote=“Madrias”]Not to be a pest, but could you put the covers over the truck beds as an update to the truck? I’ve been enjoying the truck so far, I just wish I could put a spoiler on the back to see if I can make a really fast truck.

I thank you for the amount of time and effort you’ve put into the vehicles you’ve made, and I look forward to future ones as well.[/quote]

If you go about this, please look into making the truck with a bed cover have a MR drive train too. The truck is fantastic as is and it has proven very popular with my farm truck challenge.[/quote]

Any mid-engine variant will be standalone much like the mid-engined Econoline. The reason is that something like that does not fit as a production model, so I’d rather not bundle it with the others. No ETA on it, but when I make versions with bed covers, a mid-engined version will be posted as a .zip soon after.

Time for a progress update on the Trans Sport. Due to Christmas I’ve been busy with plenty of other things, hence it taking longer. I should mention that the cladding and bumpers are more based on the European market Trans Sport, as I found that design to be more generic and therefore better applicable for the game. I’ve also had to make some modifications to the back windows because of the lack of taillights and the wheel arches for morphing, but then again I never go for a 100% replica anyways.

MPV WIP? U DA REAL MVP

Multipla plz

It would be an interesting challenge to have morph points to allow for the fugly original and the better looking facelift

[quote=“maffc”]

It would be an interesting challenge to have morph points to allow for the fugly original and the better looking facelift[/quote]

Yeah, but imagine fugly 1st gen Multipla with ricer spoilers, 22" rims, bike wide tyres and 1000hp under the hood :smiley:

[quote=“Oskiinus”]

It would be an interesting challenge to have morph points to allow for the fugly original and the better looking facelift

Yeah, but imagine fugly 1st gen Multipla with ricer spoilers, 22" rims, bike wide tyres and 1000hp under the hood :smiley:[/quote]

My eyes !!!
Lol

…is …is that for real?

I should know better than to ask.

What has science done.