Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

[quote=“thecarlover, post:710, topic:6222, full:true”]while the wagon will also be available with a rear engine layout :wink:
[/quote]

And the other variants as well I hope :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Of course, except for the ute… that would be maximum cooling. :stuck_out_tongue: The Continental’s wagons are front engine only, figured I should change that.

3 Likes

##New teaser:

I should be able to upload it by the end of the day.

16 Likes

That says “Charger” all over it!
(1965-1967)

Is this on the large or small continental body?

2 Likes

It’s the smaller version - the larger body already has a fastback available.

2 Likes

It’s the smaller version I made. 2.78m wheelbase, so it’s roughly the size of a Challenger. I think in terms of mid 60s fastbacks, it’s closer to the Barracuda than the Charger (for size, at least).

Edit: and it’s now available!

As usual, first post updated and here’s the standalone download: thecarlover60MuscleMid.zip (1.7 MB)

6 Likes

Very nice :smiley: 60s cars rulezzzz!
Are You planing 4 doors variant? It would be great even for european F-class limousine.

3 Likes

I’m not currently planning a 4 door version. These were all simple rescalings; creating a smaller version with 4/5 doors will be more work.

I finally got the chance to fix the morphing issue with the ute, the files have been updated.

Just a quick update to show I haven’t forgotten about the 50s car, it’s just slow going due to school.

The bumpers are missing because I’m redesigning them to be much better (and the car itself still needs some work).

13 Likes

What about bumperless variant too?

There is no bumperless variant coming as there’s no reason for one. UE4 will have changeable colour and fixture stamping on the bumpers, so it will be more even versatile then.

1 Like

Looks like a 1957 Plymouth Fury/Grand Fury though…

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

4 Likes

Chill m8, the 56-58 Fury were only built in white/cream with Gold side trimmings. A Belvedere on the other hand, now those are scary motherfuckers.

2 Likes

(this is what Speed is referencing)

10 Likes

The book specified the Plymouth Fury, but the movie used a Plymouth Belvedere. The more you know :wink:

5 Likes

Hi there. Love this new body!
One question, though. I downloaded it as soon as it came out, but when I tried making a car with it earlier today, I was unable to find the body anywhere-I tried re-downloading the body and even installing the standalone version, but sadly, it didn’t work. Can you help me figure out why this might be? :confused:

Any problem with that is not on my end, the body works fine. Check the Support section about issues with mods, it’s certainly not an isolated issue and could have a lot of possible solutions.

2 Likes

Well, okay then.

The good news is, though, I was able to-after a couple of initial mistakes-install the standalone version without any problems once I found the right directory, so it’s all good here.

Once again, love this new body, and I can’t wait to work with it now.

So I’m going to do something different…

##Open source mirrors!

As mirrors are pretty much the only component of car models that can be reused, I figured I could make my mirrors open source for other modders to use on other models. They’re such a small and simple thing so I’m giving something back that can hopefully be useful to somebody.

###Feel free to recolour, rescale, edit, whatever else. This is me giving permission that they’re free to use as-is or modified without need to credit me, but do no claim them as your own.

thecarlover - Mirrors.zip (156.3 KB)

#####The mirrors are individual objects that can be imported one at a time to any model. I will update this file if I make any new mirrors before UE4. These mirrors are not compatible with the upcoming model changes with UE4. When modding becomes possible with UE4 I will upload an updated version with the required materials.

21 Likes

Is it not possible to have the body model not incorporate mirrors and have the mirrors be fixtures instead?

2 Likes