Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

The original double cab model doesn’t do that, but the single cab one that I modified from it does. I gave it new UVW Map and reskinned it, but neither of those solved it.

There’s something about the geometry of the mesh it doesn’t like. Try looking for overlapping verts and weld them, that has helped me in the past.

I had that problem too, you have one or more vertices that aren’t connected to the mesh. Under the vertex menu, click the button that says “Remove Isolated Vertices” and that should fix it.

Thanks guys, I looked it over and there was an isolated vertex floating in the cab. Deleting it’s solved the issue, so it’s all good now :smiley: I just need to make the images in Photoshop and it’ll be ready for upload!

Awesome. So excited to use this. Perfect timing too!

so what’s the current ETA?

ETA: Soon

It easily swallows a 10.9L V8 with plenty of room for turbos. Also, those are 24" wheels, 395 in the back with room to spare, 355 in the front (but can go up to 385 in the front).

Are you still making the crazy MR trim w/ the solid bed cover? I don’t need it but the idea of it makes me want it.

now how well will it take a V12? can’t wait :smiley:

If I do, it won’t be right away. I might add bed cover variants to both the double and single cabs with improved aerodynamics and slightly less cargo space, but any MR version would be standalone.

It can’t take a 15L V12, but could definitely fit a decent sized one. The engine bay is plenty tall and wide for big engines, but not nearly as long as the Continental’s.

ok, just pretty much waiting on this to get on the workshop now :smiley:

First post updated with the 1990s pickup! Here’s the standalone file:
thecarlover90PickupLarge.zip (1.51 MB)

You can’t tell, but the one in the image on the first page has a 12.2L V12 making 1259 HP and with a top speed of 303 km/h. It’s definitely possible to get more out of it (especially morphing it for wider wheels), but that was just a quick build :slight_smile:

Here’s the mid-engine standalone file:
thecarlover00PickupMid.zip (397 KB)

[quote=“thecarlover”]First post updated with the 1990s pickup! Here’s the standalone file:
[attachment=0]thecarlover90PickupLarge.zip[/attachment]

You can’t tell, but the one in the image on the first page has a 12.2L V12 making 1259 HP and with a top speed of 303 km/h. It’s definitely possible to get more out of it (especially morphing it for wider wheels), but that was just a quick build :slight_smile:[/quote]

honestly i was waiting on this to launch before opening my challenge, just gonna edit my 1st post and it will be open

Here’s my Ford Flex WIP (really just a scaled up xB model with a few modifcations and proportion changes). This one should be up tomorrow, and then I’ll start working on the kei sized variation.

The 90s large pickup (R2500 HD) looks good, although I found these problems.

1. Single Cab pickup bed (rear window side) deforms when morphing.
  2. Extended Cab morphed to Crew Cab may have insufficient rear seat space.
  3. When I tried coil spring suspension, it shows a coloured section in a bed (occurs only in a ladder frame, monocoque was not affected that problem).

Suggestions.

1. Coloured pickup bed, as 80s vanilla pickup had coloured bed.
  2. For the Kei-sized bB/xB, it should be taller (1.5 m tall instead of 1.4 m in an original size), as the size was limited to 3.4 m long and 1.48 m width without mirrors.

Whoa, you can fit some massive tires under this truck! I like it! Sport trucks are possible easily, and at the same time, it’s insane being able to fit both extra-wide 395’s in the rear with massive front tires to keep it pointing where you need it, and yet at the same time, fit big enough tires to install 30 inch rims on those same 395’s!

Personally, I love the truck bed being the dark plastic color, but I could see having a variant with body-painted bed. It’s also an awesome, absolutely massive truck, and it’s capable of going from extended cab to double cab in the 4 door variant easily.

Now it’s time for me to make a stupidly powerful V8 and shoehorn it into this nice big truck. I’ve already had fun with the big V12 in there, too.

[quote=“ohm1996”]The 90s large pickup (R2500 HD) looks good, although I found these problems.

1. Single Cab pickup bed (rear window side) deforms when morphing.
  2. Extended Cab morphed to Crew Cab may have insufficient rear seat space.
  3. When I tried coil spring suspension, it shows a coloured section in a bed (occurs only in a ladder frame, monocoque was not affected that problem).

Suggestions.

1. Coloured pickup bed, as 80s vanilla pickup had coloured bed.
  2. For the Kei-sized bB/xB, it should be taller (1.5 m tall instead of 1.4 m in an original size), as the size was limited to 3.4 m long and 1.48 m width without mirrors.[/quote]

I’ll check the rear morph and fix that, and for extending the cab, there’s not much I can do without compressing the wheel arch. I might be able to get a few cm more out of it by slightly changing the morph, but no guarantees there. I’m aware of the suspension clipping through the bed, that’s why it’s not entirely flat. I figured I’d leave that as is, but I can always go back and modify the middle of the bed and inner wheel arches to hide it all. I prefer keeping the bed black to both simulate a bed linr and to prevent any issues with fixtures punching holes where there shouldn’t be any.

I’m aware of the dimensions of kei cars and plan to follow them. The wheel arches will also be scaled down more than the rest of the car, as kei cars usually have smaller wheels (proportionally) than larger cars.

I like it. Very good. It fits huge tyres and wheels.
Could you make a SUV version?

Also love the speed you are putting this stuff out. Really good now that the next patch is so far away. Keeping the game fresh for us. Thanks.

[quote=“PMP1337”]I like it. Very good. It fits huge tyres and wheels.
Could you make a SUV version?

Also love the speed you are putting this stuff out. Really good now that the next patch is so far away. Keeping the game fresh for us. Thanks.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve thought about an SUV version, but that’s not in the works right now. Maybe down the line, however. I’ve also thought about a shorter wheelbase version that’s a simple cab with short bed and maybe a 2 door SUV variant, but that’s not decided either.

Reuploaded the pickup with a few fixes/modifications!