Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

Please, make this body!

This is the new Kia Sedona (Carnival in Europe).

Howā€™s development?

I still canā€™t get 3ds Max working. I need to dual-boot Windows 7 on my new computer to have any chance of getting it to work, since itā€™s not yet supported on Windows 10 and thereā€™s nothing Autodesk can do about the launch issues.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons why I wonā€™t switch to Windows 10. Offering it for free makes me weary especially since I bought my computer to specifically have Windows 7.

Itā€™s odd youā€™re having those issues with win 10.
Iā€™ve got some issues with it but 3dsmax isnā€™t one of them :confused:

[quote=ā€œmaffcā€]Itā€™s odd youā€™re having those issues with win 10.
Iā€™ve got some issues with it but 3dsmax isnā€™t one of them :confused:[/quote]

3ds Max just broke overnight without any Windows update. It stays stuck at ā€œInitializingā€ when checking for a license (even 3ds Max 2016) and the program never launches. Unless someone knows a way to bypass the license check, Iā€™ll have to dual-boot Win7 and install it on there.

[quote=ā€œthecarloverā€]

[quote=ā€œmaffcā€]Itā€™s odd youā€™re having those issues with win 10.
Iā€™ve got some issues with it but 3dsmax isnā€™t one of them :confused:[/quote]

3ds Max just broke overnight without any Windows update. It stays stuck at ā€œInitializingā€ when checking for a license (even 3ds Max 2016) and the program never launches. Unless someone knows a way to bypass the license check, Iā€™ll have to dual-boot Win7 and install it on there.[/quote]

i know this may seem dumb of me asking but did you try compatibility mode yet?

[quote=ā€œcpufreak101ā€]

3ds Max just broke overnight without any Windows update. It stays stuck at ā€œInitializingā€ when checking for a license (even 3ds Max 2016) and the program never launches. Unless someone knows a way to bypass the license check, Iā€™ll have to dual-boot Win7 and install it on there.
i know this may seem dumb of me asking but did you try compatibility mode yet?[/quote]

Yeah, thatā€™s what I did to solve some minor issues at first, but now nothing gets it to launch. Believe me, I tried everything I could find in any forum, and anything suggested by Autodesk tech support (even got a support case opened up) and the only apparent solution is that I need to use another OS.

My solution would be to downgrade to 3Ds Max 2013. Anything Autodesk has made for the last ten years has been very buggy and unstable (it makes you realize just how amazingly stable Windows is for itā€™s complexity) ā€“ and 2013 is the least unstable version Iā€™ve tried since 2008. Autodeskā€™s solution is to blame faulty drivers and not accept any responsibility.

3ds Max 2013 is what Iā€™ve been using, since the kajira exporter only works on versions 2010-2013. When that stopped working, I downloaded 2016 to see if it was simply a version issue, but that doesnā€™t work as well. Something with the licensing application is apparently in a ā€œdeadlockā€ (where something tries to use a resource thatā€™s already used and canā€™t, so it doesnā€™t work), and 3ds Max isnā€™t officially supported in Windows 10 at this point, so thereā€™s nothing support can do except maybe have a fix in an upcoming patch for 2016, or in 3ds Max 2017 (whenever that would be released). Iā€™ve spent days trying to solve this in many different ways, and I havenā€™t made any progress. The only thing I could think of to run it on Windows 10 is to somehow bypass the licensing, which is not quite legal, but I havenā€™t found anything about that as a possible fix.

Iā€™m unfortunately having issues installing Windows 7 on a partition (yay Microsoft), but hopefully I can get things resolved and running soon.

I know you may be weary of this but have you tried downloading a crack off of a torrent site,
a lot of people I know have done this and most of the time it works?

[quote=ā€œLinkLukeā€]I know you may be weary of this but have you tried downloading a crack off of a torrent site,
a lot of people I know have done this and most of the time it works?[/quote]

Iā€™d consider that option as well, but 3ds Max doesnā€™t even launch to the point of letting me input an activation key. The licensing executable hangs before I can do anything, and well before 3ds Max itself can actually launch. Iā€™d just need a way to bypass the licensing part of the launch and go directly to launching the program itself, but I havenā€™t found anything like that, so dual-booting Windows 7 is the best solution at the moment.

Iā€™m making progress on my old laptop while dealing with installing Windows 7 on my new one (Microsoft really made it hard to go further back than Windows 8), so while itā€™s not ideal, Iā€™ll be able to get this done soon.

Anyways, progress update!

Just need to make the mirror and add the boxes then on to skinning. The two-door version will be easy to make afterwards.

You saw my other comment, but Iā€™d figure Iā€™d say more in the appropriate area. The body is looking fantastic (really all of your stuff looks great and Iā€™ve used them all). I can see the stated influences and yet its still very unique. I applaud your soldiering on in such frustrating times. I will say, however, that thereā€™s no rush. Keep your working pace and donā€™t feel the need to finish it asap.You donā€™t owe us quick release or need to pick up any slack because of computer woes (weā€™ve all been there). When its done, its done, and until then we can wait.

I donā€™t want to see you get burnt out or feel pressured. Not saying that is happening, but sometimes it can feel that way. I just wanted to throw that out there. Keep fighting the good fight. :smiley:

[quote=ā€œSebessegā€]You saw my other comment, but Iā€™d figure Iā€™d say more in the appropriate area. The body is looking fantastic (really all of your stuff looks great and Iā€™ve used them all). I can see the stated influences and yet its still very unique. I applaud your soldiering on in such frustrating times. I will say, however, that thereā€™s no rush. Keep your working pace and donā€™t feel the need to finish it asap.You donā€™t owe us quick release or need to pick up any slack because of computer woes (weā€™ve all been there). When its done, its done, and until then we can wait.

I donā€™t want to see you get burnt out or feel pressured. Not saying that is happening, but sometimes it can feel that way. I just wanted to throw that out there. Keep fighting the good fight. :smiley:[/quote]

No worries, I want to get this done ASAP for myself as well. My computer issues are on hold right now until I can download Windows 10 for a repair disc in case I mess something up (Iā€™m away for the holidays and have very limited bandwidth), so I can focus on this now instead of trying to work out the Windows 7 installation.

Oh, I love the look of that truck already.

Nice to see more and more mods being made for the game! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Great truck! Any plans for next mods?

Next will definitely be a kei sized version of the xB and a variation thatā€™s more or less a Ford Flex. After that, Iā€™m not sure. Maybe a Hummer H2, maybe a 90s Volvo brick, or possibly a coupe and sedan Scion tC. Iā€™m leaning more toward something recent, since there seems to be more demand for MY 2000+ cars.

[quote=ā€œthecarloverā€]

Next will definitely be a kei sized version of the xB and a variation thatā€™s more or less a Ford Flex. After that, Iā€™m not sure. Maybe a Hummer H2, maybe a 90s Volvo brick, or possibly a coupe and sedan Scion tC. Iā€™m leaning more toward something recent, since there seems to be more demand for MY 2000+ cars.[/quote]

how about a cross between a 2005 honda accord and a toyota corolla? and then make it available in 2000