Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

How would I go about saving only the envelopes, and then loading them?

See attached image :slight_smile:

Make sure when you load them again, that it has the right things being applied to the right bones (itā€™ll have a list of what names itā€™s looking for, and ask you to line them up with the bones with the same names, if that makes sense)

I somehow didnā€™t notice those buttonsā€¦
So I saved the modifiers, removed the skin entirely, added a new skin and reapplied the envelopeā€¦ and the export error persists.

Edit: I tried using a new skin without loading the envelope and I get the error with that as well.

What happens if you put a new skin on it and DONā€™T load the .env onto it?

Thatā€™s what I did, and I got the same export crash.

Try exporting the model as a .FBX file (using export selected) then opening a new max file and importing the FBX into it.

I was able to export as a .FBX, but importing that into a new scene and trying to export as .kjc brings up the same error.

Edit: Iā€™ll transfer the file to my Windows 7 laptop tomorrow and try exporting it there, just in case itā€™s caused by something in Windows 10.

I use win10 and donā€™t have any issues in that regard. In a previous post you have mentioned the plugins folder when trying to remove outliner. I wonder if that has affected the export function.

I havenā€™t touched anything in the plugins folder, as I couldnā€™t find any Outliner files. Iā€™ll make something simple and try to export that to see if it might be some kind of issue with settings, or if itā€™s the model.

Edit: I tried reexporting one of my Econoline models and got the same error. So now I know my model isnā€™t the problem, so I need to figure out what the problem with 3ds Max might be.

Next thing to look at. The version of the kajiraexporter.dle file. The SDK comes with a few versions. The one Iā€™m using is 127mb and itā€™s the one explicitly named KajiraExport_2013 in the SDK.
Have you tried using that file in the plugins folder instead. Obviously renaming it to remove the year?

[quote=ā€œmaffcā€]Next thing to look at. The version of the kajiraexporter.dle file. The SDK comes with a few versions. The one Iā€™m using is 127mb and itā€™s the one explicitly named KajiraExport_2013 in the SDK.
Have you tried using that file in the plugins folder instead. Obviously renaming it to remove the year?[/quote]

Iā€™m currently reinstalling 3ds Max (I had updated it, whereas I did not on the other laptop) in case thatā€™s the issue. I had used the kajira file with no year on the end, but I could try the 2013 one to be sure.

Also, did you change any compatibility settings for 3ds Max 2013 on Windows 10? Iā€™m hoping to get rid of the sporatic freezing that I didnā€™t get on Windows 7.

Iā€™ve not used any compatabilty settings, nor have I patched 3ds either. My win10 install was an inplace upgrade from win 7 so I donā€™t know if that has any bearing.
Iā€™ve not experience much freezing unless iā€™m really pushing it (2x 3ds sessions, automation, a few webpages and a couple of spreadsheets all open at once)

[quote=ā€œmaffcā€]

Iā€™ve not used any compatabilty settings, nor have I patched 3ds either. My win10 install was an inplace upgrade from win 7 so I donā€™t know if that has any bearing.
Iā€™ve not experience much freezing unless iā€™m really pushing it (2x 3ds sessions, automation, a few webpages and a couple of spreadsheets all open at once)[/quote]

This is a whole new laptop, so I guess that might change things. Itā€™s quite sporatic and usually happens when I click something in the UI, or open a window from the UI. I guess itā€™s probably an issue from it being a 32-bit application and how my system uses memory.

Edit: Not sure if the reinstall or using the different kajira plugin did it, but I can finally export without any issues. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

Coming along nicely

A few tweaks and then the convertible will be coming. Iā€™ll have a coupe as well, hard top and convertible.

Also, check out the engine size this thing can take. The rear engine bay is smaller, but I havenā€™t tried putting anything in there yet.

Looking pretty sweet! Also, holy cow 15L V12.

I was able to max out the V12 size, but had to shrink it down to fit a carb. I might be able to fit something bigger depending on the carburrettor/injection system, but yeah, this thingā€™s got plenty of room. Itā€™s similar in overall size to the 1955 sedan.

If you were limited by height I donā€™t think there is much you can do.

Yeah, a few extra mm in bore is about it, but it can add up with a V12. Using the 4 barrel carbā€™s performance intake gave me room for almost 1L more than the standard intake.

The Continental body is now downloadable on Steam and as a .zip in the first post!

Downloading now, and Iā€™m gonna have fun with this! Gigantic V12 in a big luxury boat.