Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

I’m glad you got the exporting to work.

The car looks awesome in game. Great job!

Thanks guys! I’m now debating what my next project will be :laughing:

There’s a dearth of microcars in the base game right now, and I don’t see any in the workshop at a quick glance - got any favorites?

THe BMW Isetta. But that’s not exactly doable, with the door being on the front and all. :laughing:

I think I’ll make the half cargo, half passenger variant of the Econoline first, and also coupe versions of the Continental. It’ll give me time to think.

Edit: half cargo, half passenger variant of the Econoline has been added to the workshop and a new .zip for standalone.

Coupe versions of the Continental are now available!

@Carlover

What’s the most tire you can fit under this Lincoln?

I was trying with 14" wheels and 215mm is the widest I can get - any plans to widen that, or make the fender adjustable? I think the body line looks perfect, so I say maybe just adjust the model to handle a little more tire - IRL, a 245 to 65 would probably fit just fine.

[quote=“ArnRno”]@Carlover

What’s the most tire you can fit under this Lincoln?

I was trying with 14" wheels and 215mm is the widest I can get - any plans to widen that, or make the fender adjustable? I think the body line looks perfect, so I say maybe just adjust the model to handle a little more tire - IRL, a 245 to 65 would probably fit just fine.[/quote]

I narrowed it to take 225 mm, and now narrowed it even more, though I haven’t checked the size it can now take. It’ll either be 235 or 245 now.

Do Steam mods update on their own? Or do I need to delete and redownload it?

They auto-update, it’s only if you use the standalone version that you’ll need to redownload the .zip

So I’m trying to make a badge using the grills tutorial as a base and using the .lua from one of the vanilla badges, but I just can’t get the UV map to work properly. It won’t stamp to any body and the UV map doesn’t morph itself to the shape of the body either:

Anyway you can crank out a modern truck body for when the update goes public? We have no pickups post 70s/80s. It would be great for my Farm Truck Challenge.

I’m working on something else right now, but a 1994 Dodge Ram/1998 Ford Super Duty mashup for MY 1995 is likely to be my next project, with 2 and 4 door variants. If I don’t hit any issues with my current project, I should have it finished and get started on the truck later this weekend.

New WIP! This is based on the Toyota bB/Scion xB, but just different enough to avoid a lawsuit. :laughing:

i don’t know if you would do this. kei cars. there’s literally no car small enough for the irl regulation
(<3.4m length, <1.48 width)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car#H … egulations

Carlover, it seems like small boxy minivan for Automation, yep?

Looking nice!

Thanks guys!

My next project will be the pickup, but I wouldn’t be against making a kei car at some point. I know partario has one in the works, so that’ll most likely come before anything from me.

The Toyota bB was marketed as a “mini minivan” in Japan, but in North America, the Scion xB it was marketed as a large boxy hatchback for younger buyers.

So seems like it can serve as a entry-level car for Japanese company? :wink:

Definitely could. It’s not as small as it might look (2.5 m wheelbase), but it’s far from an expensive car.

The xB is coming along nicely…

Just need to fix a couple of things with the mesh and do the bones and it’ll be finished.