Tutorial scenario: More Power

I am very sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I have some problems with the scenario, More power, I can’t get more than 1491 in total score. So i thought I would ask you guys what you did to get the platinum rank.

Check the hints and tips, the scenario appears to be working correctly and the hints give most of the major stuff away.

If you’re still stuck then feel free to ask again.

Thats what I did, checked the hints, but still cant get a higher score than 1491 :slight_smile:

Ok, check this checklist:

• Head material changed to iron
  • Fuel type changed to 98RON
  • Fuel mix set to as rich as it will go without dropping the score (about, but not necessarily 13.1:1)
  • Exhaust type changed to short cast (most cost effective for lower performance engines)

Once you’ve done those things, the main points come from increasing your cam profile. But you can only take advantage of that with higher redline. But you can only really utilise that by having a better valvetrain. So increase the tech of the valvetrain, quite a lot actually. Higher valve tech means better top end performance and higher reliability, so it’s there where your money should go.

Remember, every time your engine’s output changes a lot, to make sure you’re not choking it with a small exhaust. It’ll probably need to get a bit larger.

With sufficient experimentation, you will be able to hit a score of (at least) 1690.

4 Likes