UE4 Exporter issue (?)

Hello friends!
Apologies for the join-date help-thread, but I figured if anywhere has ideas on this it’ll be here!

Few days ago I made a body to use in a mod for this, went swimmingly thanks to the lovely mostly accurate dev guide, however I’ve been having great trouble actually getting it working ingame.
Guess that’s the good news, the mod is practically done already

However… here’s what happens ingame:
The body (A 1991 Sedan) appears much lower on the model list - in the 70’s. It shows up as the first option on the corvette C3 body, but when clicked doesn’t get a red border. It still says 1991, and all information on the rollover menu is exactly what was entered in UE4, including calculated stuff I couldn’t see like cargo volume

If I try to continue with it to the chassis, I can only get as far as picking materials, as no engine positions show up. In the blueprint I’ve set it to have positions in front mid and rear, all of 'em
Tried tricking it by putting an engine in a different body then swapping, but no joy
Copying engine location stuff from a vanilla body doesn’t change anything, so I’m fairly sure it’s not that, seems to suggest it’s not even getting that far, and it’s not opening the blueprint/mesh itself

The blueprint has unique names, and I’ve refreshed the family/body GUID plenty of times
There’s only one variant, and it loads totally fine in the bluetility. Bones are all as they should be
Mesh/skeleton etc is in a “Meshes” subfolder because I was told to and I’m a good teacher’s pet
The only unorthodox thing is that two of the bones on the back are linked in a chain to make one of the morphs really clean, instead of straight to the root. Pretty sure that’s no big deal though right?

It’s really been throwing me off because none of the normal ways I could think to debug this problem have been changing anything at all. Even copying the files of a vanilla body and just packing that up wholesale does nothing different, so either I’ve screwed something up fundamentally, the exporter is having a bad day, I’m completely misunderstanding this, the process changed a bunch since the guide was written, or literally all of the above

Using 4.21.2 and updated (presumably) project files through steam
The cooking log throws up no relevant errors as far as I can tell

Oh and the mod’s a bit of a shitpost but I’d still love to see it working, hasn’t stopped me in the past! I’m sure I could move onto more useful stuff if this goes well

Here’s the log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T62FzOa2THivU2UnhZvLlb_pwGPC-GbR

Thanks very much for any help!

Try deleting the thumbnails and regenerating them. The GUID data is stored in those iirc, so unless you regen them any changes to the GUIDs won’t be applied. Once that’s working as it should then see if the other stuff is still having issues or if it solved itself.

Thank you so much! You were exactly right, I hadn’t regenerated the thumbs at all!
Wonderful to see it actually ingame at long last, wowee I wouldn’t have figured that out, thought it was just a bitmap and that was it haha

Uh, predictably, the unwrap is an issue… suppose it’s because the body is concave and it really doesn’t like that?

I’ve tried the auto-uvs from the script, doing a conventional unwrap with seams, and a manual pelt map, all with broadly similar results. Made sure to put the UVs in all three channels too.
My best guess is that automation uses the different channels for separate things, so maybe I could use unique, more ideal wraps for each? No idea, I’m kind of lost again

Thanks again!

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll be able to get anything usable out of that. Maybe if you removed that wing from the back and made it into a fixture it might work. The fins should be fine, it would still mean spending time to make sure the UV doesn’t overlap at all. The different channels are used for lighting and fixture stamping, so you can’t just stick half on one channel and half on another.

Also, don’t smooth the door seams with the bodywork. That should be a nice sharp edge. Same deal with the window frames.