UE4 Exporter Update Discussion / Bugs

It is also BugSplats first version of a UE4 Error reporter.

How do you get the FPS counter up?

I press the usual key for console but nothing happens!

Also my CPU keeps hitting 100% a lot, usually when I’m adding a fixture.

A load of bugs ready to reports (unreal beta r1). Start with Engine
1> abnormal efficiency, torque and power curve when “cam profile=100 and ignition timing=100” simultaneously.

2> OHV engines cams animations are all wrong. The valves opens at the same time.

Also, two egg-shaped cams of the same cylinders is not rolling at the same direction.

3> The pistons and conrods for dohc 5-valves is missing

4> With direct injection, weird plug-things in the middle of the valves.

also the spark cable gone missing.

5>3d-models of the turbo with throttle-per-cylinder race intake is all wrong.

and looks like the performance turbo TPC is the correct texture and model of the race turbo TPC

(and by the way, if you look into the intake of the performance TPC model, it will look something like the following, which is kind of weird)

6>No Y-pipe for single exhaust pipe.

Also no second pipe for dual exhaust pipe.

7>No bypass valves for “bypass valves”

B170527 (Hotfix 1)

• Fixed instance of game not loading (black screen forever), due to non-standard characters in usernames. Please try launching the game again.
  • Fixed instance of crash related to fixture placement, rendering texture out of range.
7 Likes

This is not a bug, but a suggestion: the fixture placer feels stiff and unprecise. It should be like in the kee builds, in my opinion.

Actually I’ve got another problem. I know that Camshaft devs would probably not even take care of this (because I run on ancient E6550), but when on Kee version the game was perfectly playable (even with tons of mods!), on UE4 it struggles pretty bad, especially with CPU overload and stupid loading times like 5 minutes of loading the car. (and crashing after all). FPS are pretty ok, but calculating is just out of control I think.

I believe, however that something can be done with optimizing, because UE4 was supposed to be less heavy than Kee version I guess. And since previous Automation can be ran better, on limited game engine, UE4 probably enables to do something better for very low end PCs yet not losing gameplay and visual potential of Unreal.

1 Like

For the car designer’s bug:
1>Rear wheels and brake discs is missing if i am using torsion beam rear suspension. And it seems that they are placed in the middle of the car.

2>some fixtures only give you weird cutout. For example, the second lips.

and some of the fixture has gone crazy like these spoilers:

3> Once i have placed a new fixture, the shader is by default a “paint”, which the colour of “paint” is which have chosen before, even I have chosen a carbon/plastic/chrome/steel texture as my car’s primary colour. It has been reset after I choose a new primary colour, or i go through the gearbox tab.

4> The game let me go through to the gearbox tab even the engine is oversized in my engine bay. After that, no drive type can be choose because of that.

5> The texture of the TYRELLI medium compound is still being used even I am using a sport compound.

6> The wing angle cannot be changed even I have lips, spoilers and wings placed at my car

1 Like

Same case here… It was a fun ride these 2 years. I guess I’ll see you guys once I get a new pc.

Also, to some people, watch the latest LDU as some of the bugs reported here were addressed in those videos, such as the lack of imperial units or that RWD front engine was the only configuration working properly.

New R7 240 available on eBay for $50:

http://ebay.com/itm/Asus-Radeon-R7-240-Graphic-Card-730-MHz-Core-2-GB-DDR3-SDRAM-PCI-Express-/172675005951?hash=item28343b7dff%3Ag%3AIjEAAOSwjDZYfl9G&_trkparms=pageci%3A2d375db4-42e0-11e7-8607-74dbd1801750%7Cparentrq%3A4a16c6a915c0a866d9b6006dfffebba5%7Ciid%3A2

You can also get a very capable and just-released GT 1030 for $70:

2 Likes

Posting this again as this may got flooded in other emssages - please fill it out. I am doing a rough estimation what systems we have and which settings will be needed for sys requirements tables.

1 Like

Been fooling around with the beta for some time and while i have encountered my fair share of bugs, and even tho i miss the brake fade indication on the brake setup page, and the bottoming out indication on the suspensionsetup page, i think it’s damn good progress… and the photomode is brilliant (and the fact that you can move around and mirror things is amazing :slight_smile: )

yes, you can use spoilers as sideshirts :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well I’ve spent a couple hours messing around with the open beta, and I was pleasantly surprised in that I wasn’t expecting much the first time around in terms of functionality.

However, I did find more than a few things that should be fixed, and a couple others things that I would like.

First, the fixture placement is messy and manipulating them once they are placed really does not work well; the symbols for manipplating them are unintuitive and either totally non-responsive or are way too sensitive (such as resizing). There’s also the issue of fixtures just disappearing and leaving a gaping hole in your body (only to have them reappear at the front fo the car). Some of the bodies have changed profoundly since the last version. In particular, the 80s LMP body has had its maximum engine size cut seemingly in half, while some of the other bodies have had the opposite happen.

Second, I’m getting all kinds of flickers and strange flashing areas in a lot of the graphical elements; I mean, part of this could be down to my ancient video card starting to die, but on the other hand I don’t see any issues in any other 3D-heavy games…yet…

Also, there is a lot of granularity missing in some of the sliders in the engine designer, on the turbocharging page especially. The ability to adjust things by 0.1 (or 0.01) is possible in nearly every other slider, but on the turbocharging page everything moves in great big chunks; for example, the maximum boost will go from 0.80 bar to 0.87, with no steps in between. This behaviour is also consistent between scrolling the mousewheel over the slider in question, or using the up or down arrows on either end of the slider.

EDIT: I suspect the above behaviour might be because of a wonky metric-imperial unit conversion, as 0.07 bar (well, 0.068 bar to be exact) is equal to 0.1 pounds per square inch.

Further to the engine designer, and this is just personal preference, I would like to see a return of the engine’s specific fuel consumption in the information displayed, rather than just a nebulous “efficiency” percentage value. Somewhat related to the information being displayed, I’ve noticed that after switching to AKI instead of RON, some of the values continue to display RON rather than AKI.

Finally, I noticed that nearly every car has lost a lot of speed around the test track from the old version; I faithfully reproduced my best-known design (my entry from BRC 1976) and was a little disappointed to see that it is now 7-8 seconds a lap slower around the test track than in the Kee engine version. I don’t know if this is just that the Kee engine cars were too fast, or if they are just slower in this version for some reason.

I just recovered from a very serious bug that didn’t leave any log, so I’ll do my best to explain it.

I made a car and added fixtures after, when adding the modern Mercedes lights the game just froze… then the whole computer was frozen. And I mean completely frozen, not even ctrl+alt+del could do anything. Stayed completely hung and frozen like that until I hit the button to send it to hibernate, which it managed to do a few minutes later. Log back in and the game had closed itself without any sign as to what happened.

It was frozen like that for a good 10 minutes before I hibernated it.

does the steam one not work?

I have Task Manager open when I’m playing. I’ve noticed that the game seems to freeze for a while and when it does my CPU hits 100% for quite a while which means that I can’t do anything else until the game calms down.

My fault, i dont remember steam has already had a in-game fps counter :sweat_smile:… sorry guys

A tutorial to open the Steam In-game FPS Counter

1 Like

Where can I find the exe file for the open Beta version? I would like to switch the default graphics processor for it but I can’t find it, or is it that both versions run through the same exe file through some kind of hybrid system?

The fixture “edges” have an odd colour difference compared to their surroundings, and the added “edges” to the fixtures now spread really far.

Steam should take care of that for you and run it on your better one. I had a fight with it trying to benchmark it on my integrated one but it just would not work and kept using the discrete one. If anyone else has managed, do let me know but I’ve had no success being able to control it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\WindowsNoEditor\AutomationGame.exe

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\WindowsNoEditor\AutomationGame\Binaries\Win64\AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe

are what i’ve found, but I don’t quite know the difference between them or which one you should use.

1 Like