Vehicle Warranty

For our car company, can we set or have car warranty for the customers who buy the cars?

2 Likes

jeah…

That would be nice and realistic :slight_smile:

Greets
Martin

yes please :smiley:

That would be a major asset for marketing and public perception of the company as well. This would be a great aspect.

Bumping this up! Was this resolved at all?

How simple or difficult would it be to add manufacturer warranties to your models to increase your reputation in the short-term at the expense of increased costs in the long-term?

It could be something like “choose warranty - none, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years” and an associated estimated cost figure “-$850,000/month” that is based on your car’s cost of manufacture and reliability.

It would have to be punitive in some way, i.e. more expensive than if you had built your reputation by producing reliable cars.

But it also might mean you make a calculated decision to be an early adopter of something that decreases reliability in the short term, for instance alloy engine blocks. Once the tech and your familiarity is up to standard, you remove the warranty (or the warranty costs less, if you decide to keep it).

2 Likes

…this was 5 years ago. 5. You figure it out.

2 Likes

Five years have come and gone. In five years, I’ve had time to finished middle school, go through high school, study for the GED, pass the GED, get my driver’s permit, then my liscence, get a job at McDonald’s, work there for a year, get a Lincoln town car, quit the McDonald’s job, get another job, work there for a year, buy a Ford Focus and go to college for almost a whole year.

So, I think if this was going to be a priority, it would have had the time to be addressed by now.

7 Likes

We didn’t get a campaign before 2015 though :stuck_out_tongue:
Warranties are not a priority, but they do exist in our spreadsheets for the valuation of second hand cars… I won’t say more than that. :wink:

6 Likes

Aw man, that was way better than a yes.

Excitement intensifies

1 Like