Vero's Adventures in Car Ownership

to date, i’ve had 3 cars- the first one being my old 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser. it was given to me when I was 17, and i drove it for the next 4 years until last summer, when it (un) fortunately suffered a blown head gasket at a little over 170,000 miles, which leads me to my next car…

my next car was a 2009 Pontiac Torrent that i got last November, after a rather annoying car search. it had 130,000 miles, one prior owner, and while it wasn’t what i really wanted, i just needed a car. unfortunately, after putting less than 1000 miles on it, it suffered a fairly catastrophic HVAC system failure due to improper maintenance by the first owner (mixing the wrong type of coolant with the correct type, which causes the coolant to gel and shits up the entire system as a result) that i wasn’t made aware of, which ultimately led to me replacing it with…

a 1999 Chevy Blazer! it’s an LT trim so it’s got almost every option imaginable (it’s basically just missing heated seats, which isn’t a deal breaker), 4WD, 105,000 miles and it’s a one owner vehicle with an extensive service history. i just picked it up today, so i haven’t driven it too terribly much, but it’s more in line with what i wanted to replace my PT Cruiser with originally, and i’m very excited to start taking it out more.

7 Likes

That generation of (Trail)Blazer is the one I grew up with - it’s odd that the name’s been attached to a crossover nowadays, but it’s more in step with today’s market.

1 Like