What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

Currently no engine types are in the making. Development will probably start during content adding phase, that means as soon as there’s a working and feature-complete tycoon mode.

Volkswagen of course (the old beetle was in production in Mexico until July 2003)

Updated the page with current “Aero & Interior & Car Stats” Subproject goals.

I just pre ordered this after spenting a day with the Demo.

Great to see the progress beeing made and I can’t wait to see the final result.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you

Are wankle rotery engines ever going to be added to automation?

Maybe a funny/stupid question, but i am curiues wich bodystyles we get, but i think if you people had to make a list on wich styles are going to be implented, it would be a long one.
So, my question is: wich bodystyle are we NOT going to see in automation? (both the original and DLC Versions)

I did a search, but this topic didn’t mentioned anything specific about wich bodystyle there are going to be, and a search did not helped either.

Taken directly from the “Game at Launch” Topic:

[quote]What we want to the game to have eventually (as expansions, and future paid content):

Lots of cool engines:
Wankel Rotaries[/quote]

[quote=“Forge91”]Maybe a funny/stupid question, but i am curiues wich bodystyles we get, but i think if you people had to make a list on wich styles are going to be implented, it would be a long one.
So, my question is: wich bodystyle are we NOT going to see in automation? (both the original and DLC Versions)

I did a search, but this topic didn’t mentioned anything specific about wich bodystyle there are going to be, and a search did not helped either.[/quote]

That honestly hasn’t been decided yet. To be fair, there are an infinite amount of possibilities. The Devs have mentioned that they want a pretty wide variety, so the only body style that I know of as of right now are the Formula/Open-wheel bodies, as they wouldn’t work well with the current morphing tools.

Why not? The new 2014 F1 cars look like they used a similar tactic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh god, please don’t show those two ugliest noses to me again…I bet that Lotus is going to veer to one side when they test it. And the Caterham looks like someone cut off an airplane wing, flipped it over, and then shoved a tube under it to fit a wing.

Australian actually! :stuck_out_tongue:

There will be at least some sort of trucks, up to F150 size probably.

Updated the thread with current status. Lots of under the hood tweaks and revamps that should definitely improve the Statistics of the finished cars.

I know that under the hood tweaks aren’t as appealing as new content or features, but this definitely should enhance gameplay a lot. Plus, there IS going to be new content! New bodies and chassis types will be coming in due time.

Hope you guys are liking these updates!

I’m very happy to read news about close updates!

You (the devs/staff in general I mean) “pampered” during the Open Beta with many and many updates!

I can’t wait! :smiley:

[quote=“Dareios90”]I’m very happy to read news about close updates!

You (the devs/staff in general I mean) “pampered” during the Open Beta with many and many updates!

I can’t wait! :smiley:[/quote]

Appreciate the feedback! :slight_smile:

OT:
Updated the thread with the new videos that have been uploaded recently.

Thanks for the sweet new vids!!

Warning: the following is very much personal opinion of an I6 fan…

I think the number of cylinders might have too much weight in the prestige equation. Taking that sports car in the vid as an example. If you were to make exactly the same car with all the same numbers but with a six cylinder engine it would be almost exactly 10% less prestigious. I get that the average Joe that knows nothing about cars hears more cylinders and thinks that must be better but 10% for 2 cylinders might be a bit rich.

Again, this is just personal opinion.

Valid point, makes more sense to have it as “valuePrestige += NoC + 4” instead of “valuePrestige += NoC”, where NoC is the number of cylinders. That makes Prestige in general go a bit higher too.

The side effect of that of course would be a similar reduction in the importance of the other two major factors along with a slight increase in the importance of the various multipliers.
Whether or not that’s a good or bad thing is open to debate.
An alternative might be to use something like “valuePrestige += (NoC/2)” though that would have the reverse side effects so may not be desirable for all the opposite reasons.
I guess the final option is to use some hybrid of the two: “valuePrestige += (NoC x 0.75) + 2”

That was offset by rebalancing the footprint effect at the same time :slight_smile: the overall prestige values were too low anyway.

Yay! I gave constructive and useful feedback \o/

Very excited for the next update! Been checking every day and night. Will we be able to see the interior of the car eventually or will it just stay black? Thanks guys!

For now the interior will stay invisible and the windows black. At some point we may consider making them semi-transparent showing just seats on the inside, probably never more than that - it would be too much to bite off for our little team and resources.