What are you listening to right now?

On the subject of Gremlin racing games, Fatal Racing (renamed Whiplash in North America) also had some nice tunes of its own - specifically, the CD Quality soundtrack (the MIDI soundtrack was very crude by comparison). It was a fast-paced collection of techno tracks that really got your blood pumping for the race ahead. Of note, the intro, ending, and post-race themes are higher-quality versions of their MIDI equivalents, whereas the other audio tracks are completely different. Here is my personal favorite:

More than anything else, it reminds me of starting a race on Bonus Cup Track 2 with a fast, heavy car (either the Global Celerity MkII or Reise Wagon Merkur GT) and trying (and often failing) just to survive for 30(!) laps against all odds… preferably with the DR DEATH cheat (which increases the amount of damage received from collisions and makes the AI more aggressive than usual) enabled.

I liked Fatal Racing…but maybe we should continue in the retro racing game thread that already exists… :rofl:

Speaking of Top Gear, the main theme also inspired elements from Muse’s song “Bliss” off their 2001 album Origin of Symmetry:

1 Like

From the new Haiduk album Diabolica

The best song ever made? No probably not. But if I could only hear one more song before I died I would choose this one, and howl together with it one last time…like so many times before… :neutral_face:

3 Likes

A ten-minute long storytelling piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtbK5Fe5f0Y&list=RDMMw89hY3Y5BQ8&index=9

Some happy and fun music from…

Bathory

I am listening to a Kabuki theatre performance which Japanese old traditional art performance shared by UNESCO. The performers present different characters by wearing specific costumes and masks. Some of them are named, slipknot, noh, etc.

1 Like

20 years ago since this legendary Swedish artist died…time just flies by sometimes.

3 Likes

Hooters, a very underrated band IMO.

2 Likes

I am listening to a history podcast and the topic is Vikings craft history. The Vikings were skilled craftsmen. They used materials traded with other peoples in their crafts, including silver, jet (a hard, black stone), amber, and glass, along with local wood. They carved wood for their ships, shields, and toys, and fashioned metal for swords, tools, armor and jewelry

2 Likes