What are you listening to right now?

3 Likes

the bonk tool song

3 Likes
2 Likes

This song reminds me of Saints Row: The Third and NBA 2K20:

It’s a great song for driving down a twisting mountain road in the (modern) classic supercar of your choice.

2 Likes

For tunes like this, always De Tomaso Pantera in my fantasies. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

About Panteras…

(If you want to skip the peaceful part, skip to 3rd minute)

1 Like

TW: Child sexual abuse.
If you can handle it, the song (and video) has a powerful message.

Nice remake of the theme to one of the best racing games of the early 90s.

1 Like

oh yes baby

3 Likes

The Sentra made me do it.

That song somehow sounds even cooler if the Golf in question is a VR6-powered Mk4 Golf R32, and makes me seriously think about buying one if I ever had the cash to do so. And I have to agree with you on the fact that the guitar version of the Lotus III theme is a great remake - in fact, if anything it sounds even more badass than before. Speaking of Lotus III, here’s another song from that game I recognize:

Elements of this song (and “Metal Machine” from the same game) would appear in this song from Zool (also made by Gremlin):

As for Space Ninja itself, it too was featured in Zool, albeit remixed:

All this makes me miss Gremlin Interactive and its contributions to video game music during the 16- and 32-bit eras even more - the world is all the poorer for their demise.

1 Like

Gremlin’s “Lotus” series is what made me fall in love with the brand as a kid. And that is probably what spawned the RAUK brand for me even if inspiration also is taken from many other sources (TVR, Jösse Car etc.) - so in the end I guess that Gremlin have had their input in automationverse too, lol.

2 Likes

Another remix of one of my favourite Gremlin tunes, the theme to “Top gear” for the SNES. (And I hold some grudge against the SNES for some reason but Top gear was cool!)