What If? - A Community Thread

What if…

Porsche never stopped making the 944/968

https://imgur.com/fS3bg5F

Built using the same techniques as the new 992 generation 911, taking design cues from the 992 generation 911, Panamera, and Macan. With a 3L Inline 4 like the original 944, and a turbocharger from the base model.

https://imgur.com/l1e966J
https://imgur.com/b8Ah9oV

Porsche_944_-_Carrera.car (57.2 KB)

12 Likes

I don’t like to be the “well acktually” guy, but it’s too tempting lol. iirc, the 924 had a 2.0, the 944 had a 2.5, and the 968 had the 3.0. No big deal tho, and I really like the concept, I think the front-engined Porsche coupes are underrated.

944 S2 1989-91 3.0l

Ahh, that makes sense then. Early models had the 2.5 and the 3.0 came out for the last few years.

What if…

Subaru made a direct successor to the SVX/predecessor to the BRZ for the beginning of the 21st century?

One of the strangest Subaru models produced was the Alcyone SVX - it was so strange that it never received a proper successor. Some argue that the BRZ was the next generation of the SVX, but this prototype bridges the current BRZ and the SVX right in the middle in the year 2000 as the Alcyone BRZ. It combines a JDM-spec EJ20 turbo engine, a 6-speed manual, and AWD for a sportier driving experience compared to the Grand Touring style of the SVX.

Upon Closer Inspection

Subaru_Alcyone_BRZ_-_LS-L.car (66.9 KB)

35 Likes

[everyone liked that]

5 Likes

I love this kind of challenges. So much fuel for creativity! Here’s one from me. What if some manufacturer rebooted AMC and instead of going for the obvious choices they go straight to make a 2020 Rebel The Machine to fight the “big” three muscle offers?

AMC_Rebel_-_The_Machine.car (56.2 KB)

(I’m amazed by how I managed to beat the Polestar 1 body into a muscle car shape)

18 Likes

Your interpretation of a modern Rebel Machine is mostly on point - the Polestar 1 mod lends itself very well to modern pony and muscle car designs. It would be even better if the livery incorporated some more blue to go along with the red and white, though - it would have been even more faithful to the original 1970 design.

You’re right about it. But I have a excuse :grin:
The patriot livery was an afterthough. Initially it was going to be a standart paintjob. That’s partially why the hood is black, as the std painted ones were. When it was almost finished I felt the car was too bland on the sides and added a simplified livery, and the faux side scoop that the rebel hadn’t but a lot of muscle cars had. I’m still bummed I couldn’t figure out a way to make the quarter windows more like the rebel. Tried for a good pair of minutes.

BTW, I’m making a 1968 version of my Haulers Badge line (Will only do the 69 as it appears in Street Legal when we have a 69 Charger body) and this Rebel may receive a parent version to become the 2020 Haulers Badge, as a coupe, the way Jesus intended when He was building our hot rods.

1 Like

Well, here’s my take on the topic.

What if..

…Before ceasing to exist, Saab revived the 900 Turbo, giving it the guts of the 9-5, with the XWD system, and the 280hp, 2,8 litre turbo V6.

I tried replicating 2012 Saab styling, drawing inspiration from the 2012 9-5, and 9-3. The modern 900 would be smaller than both of them, having either a 2-door, or a 4-door variant, coming with the 1,9l tdi engine as a standard.

But this is no standardmodel, this is the top range turbo model, which has the previously mentioned 2,8 litre turbo V6, and XWD system from the 9-5, giving this car a 5.5 second 0-60mph in 2012, while maintaining a top speed of 260kph, limited.

The interior would be similar to the 9-5, sharing the entire gauge cluster, steering wheel, center console, and seats.

The exhaust has bypass valves, which activate when the car is put into “S” mode, giving it a more lively sound, with the S mode on, the traction control would loosen up a bit, and the steering will do the opposite.

I added the turbo badge from the original 900 turbo as a throwback for it.

Here they are both, old and new turbo 900’s.

20 Likes

dead thread xd

What if Delahaye made cars today?

2020 Delahaye 135 Hommage Concept