When you

720 HP, a quad turbo charged DOHC V12 based of Ford’s modular V12, built on a XJ220 spaceframe. If it ran on it’s advertised stats, it was IIRC the only car at the time that could beat the Mclaren F1 to 100 mph.

And that exhaust housing was supposedly made out of space shuttle ceramics as a heat shield to prevent it melting the body work.

Do you mean the 6.8L V10? I’m unaware of a modular V12.

Nein. They made a V12 out of two modular V8s with 2 cylinders loped off.

Cool stuff.

I’ll have to check the bore and stroke against the modular family to see what they did.

Wikipedia says 90.2mm Bore x 77.3mm Stroke for the GT90

When you have made nice looking car, but for sake of making something that will look more original and unique you end with something like this

4 Likes

jeez that gt90 is feckin ugly. and I never knew about the v12 and I kinda pride myself on mod motor knowledge so thats a new one, but that is a very low stroke for something based of a modular v8 normally stroke is 90.2 or 104.5
found a pic it def uses modular 4v heads

3 Likes

When you finally build a car that can run the Automation Test Track in less than 2 minutes.

1 Like

When you’re new to forced induction and the boost kicks in.

7 Likes

When you bought a Honda and VTEC just kicked in…

8 Likes

when you’re an american driving a muscle car

12 Likes

When your argument that American muscle cars can’t turn is invalid.

Shelby GT350

8 Likes

*offtopic

I see some certain arguments online that say if you give a muscle car turning ability, then it immedietely becomes a sports car. The failure of a meme I made was following this logic.

I disagree. The core values of a muscle car is the big engine up front, and rear wheel drive. They’ve realized cornering is needed, so they’re focusing on that. I suppose the best way to say it is that all muscle cars are sports cars, but not all sports cars are muscle cars. It’s a specific sub-set of a group, exclusive to high-horsepower rear-wheel-drive front-engine cars, typically with a big V8 engine.

The way I disagree is that muscle cars were sports cars to begin with. They started as quarter-mile monsters, and now the manufacturers have realized that to be competitive with everything else, the cars have to corner, so they’re improving the handling. But the core value hasn’t changed, it’s still front engine, still rear wheel drive, and still usually propelled by a V8 engine.

2 Likes

Muscle cars were never sports cars.

They started out as regular sedans and just cars with big engines, they were exactly like every other American car back then with a V8 or Inline 6 or Slant 6 or whatever.

Notice what he says.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Forgot their roots actually were family cars, not pure sports cars.

3 Likes

When you get your license and go out for a drive with your mates

2 Likes

It’s a BMW E60 M5, it will have ALL the issues, don’t you worry.

2 Likes

When your own car is sad that you riced it
Explore Iain Marsh

5 Likes

when you want serious boosht

4 Likes