Willow Motor Company | 1989 Levadia

Thread will now include other cars I’ve made

The Willow Project began in 1980 to provide competition from new foreign makes. Founded as a company in 1985, Willow’s goal was to inject fresh, desirable, and competitive cars into the American market. Their headquarters and test track reside in the Chicagoland area.

1 Like

1985 Willow Salem 300i
“As smooth as fine chocolate, with a sweet price tag to match.”

Willow’s first offering, a mid-level luxury sedan powered by a smooth and advanced 3.0l I6

Specs
  • 3.0l DOHC 24v I6 with MPFI - 165* hp / 193 lb-ft
  • 4 speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission w/ overdrive
  • Double wishbone suspension geometry
  • Wood- and leather-furnished interior

Willow Salem - 300i.car (153.8 KB)

23 Likes

Holy moly. The design is pure art.

1 Like

Thank you!

A great start to this upmarket brand of yours. On paper at least, it has the goods to not only compete with the best imports, but also outdo them as well.

1 Like

1991 Willow Monterra
Go anywhere in style and luxury

More pics

Specs
  • 3.3l DOHC 24v I6 - 188* hp / 221 lb-ft
  • Double wishbone / Solid axle suspension
  • 4WD with locking diffs
  • Wood- and leather-furnished interior
  • Optional towing package
10 Likes
1966 Kazari Solara
Compact Japanese sedan powered by your choice of a 1.0L or 1.2L flat 4
Corolla / Sunny competitor

1200 GT and 1000

Technical details

Platform

• Monocoque construction
  • MacPherson struts / Coil axle
  • ~1,620 lb curb weight
  • 4 speed manual transmission

Engine choice 1: 'LA 10.S’

• 1000cc SOHC 8v Flat 4
  • 45 hp @ 5,900 rpm
  • 56 lb-ft @ 3,400 rpm

Engine choice 2: 'LA 12.S Twincarb’

• 1199cc SOHC 8v Flat 4
  • 57 hp @ 5,900 rpm
  • 70 lb-ft @ 3,400 rpm
  • Dual carbs with performance intake

GT-specific upgrades

• 1.2L engine
  • New wheels with 165mm tires
  • Front disc brakes
  • GT badge and front lip
  • Woodgrain interior accents
Gallery

16 Likes
1989 Willow Sunflare
MR2 / Fiero competitor powered by a 2.0l NA V6

When initially presented at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show, the Sunflare marked a new direction and interest for the brand. With the Fiero gone from Pontiac's lineup due to declining sales, hurt by negative media coverage regarding engine fires and poor reliability, the Sunflare picked up where the Fiero left off.

Journalists were understandably skeptical at first, but eventually warmed to the car's sporty character. To keep up with Toyota's supercharged 4A-GZE, drivers were treated to a small-displacement DOHC Mazda V6 in place of a low-revving pushrod I4. Economy car suspension was swapped for double wishbones all around.
These capable underpinnings were combined with a... considerable lack of engine fires and defective conrods, along with a t-top roof (which didn't leak... that often), to produce a sporty, competent, and fun to drive competitor to the MR2.

More info

Special features

• T-top design; glass panels can be stored together in the frunk
  • Additional smaller trunk behind the engine bay

Platform and handling

• Galvanized monocoque construction
  • 2,190 lb curb weight
  • 43% / 56% weight distribution
  • Double wishbone suspension
  • Vented front and solid rear 1 piston disc brakes
  • 15" alloy wheels with 185mm / 205mm medium compound tires

Drivetrain

• 2.0l Mazda KF-DE DOHC V6
  • 140 hp @ 6,700-7,400 rpm
  • 132 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm
  • 5 speed manual transaxle
Gallery

I think they like each other :sparkling_heart:
[ kazuki: technovampire ] [ senario: luna ]

18 Likes

The Sunflare is your best work yet. With its crisp styling, decent performance and affordable price, it was virtually guaranteed to be one of the most desirable sports coupes of the '90s.

1 Like

The Sunflare as a whole is sick with it’s crisp, great looking styling - but those taillights are SPEAKING to me.

1 Like
Willow Kiwi Mk.2
2018 - present

Well, well… what have we here? Anyways, let’s get on with this.

After a 16 year hiatus, Willow finally gave the States its own small off-roader again. The Kiwi's platform is based on the same one used on some of Willow's other small cars, but... loosely. The basic architecture is the same, but the rear of the chassis was modified to fit a solid axle, and the front got some extra bracing and more clearance for the suspension and the 4WD system.

Introduced for MY 2018, its only trim is RT4, which means, uhhh....... "Road and Trail... 4WD?" I think? Probably. It definitely doesn't mean "Road and Track".

The Kiwi only gets one engine option, a small, dual injected turbo 4. Despite the engine’s small size, there’s a noticeable lack of clearance in front - this led some to believe that anything more than an oil change would require Audi levels of bullshittery. The engine’s 145 hp goes through a 6 speed manual or a 7 speed torque converted automatic to a selectable 4WD system. Locking diffs are standard front and rear.

Optional digital cluster shown.

Extra goodies include plaid cloth seats, a split-folding tailgate, matched or contrasting roof, and a 7 speaker John & Williams™️ audio system. Leather seats and a fully digital gauge cluster are optional.

Specs
Powertrain
Engine JL 16.DXT
Type 1600cc I4, DOHC 4/cyl
Construction AlSi block and head
Power 145 whp @ 6,300 rpm
Torque 161 lb-ft @ 3,500-5,000 rpm
Fuel System Turbocharged, Dual injection
Transmission 6MT, 7AT
Performance
0-60 mph 7.5 seconds
50-75 mph 5.0 seconds
Top Speed 134 mph (215 kph)
Fuel Economy 34 / 36 / 35 mpg (6.9 / 6.5 / 6.7 l/100km)
Chassis
Construction AHS Steel Monocoque, Long. 4WD
Suspension MacPherson Struts / Coil Axle
Weight 2,740 lbs (1,243 kg)
12 Likes
L e v a d i a
1989 - 1998

The ultimate American Grand Tourer of the 1990s

This is what happens when you take a bunch of engineers, lock them in a room, and tell them to make a slightly more affordable Mercedes SL.

A close second only to its inspiration’s successor (the R129 for those keeping track), the Levadia was built on an all-new chassis featuring strengthened A pillars and substantial cross bracing designed for open-top use—No flex tape required.

Styling was a top priority from early on. Aerodynamic retractable headlights and wide taillights made the coupe appear lower and wider, and a contrasting section along the lower body helped it to stand out from its competition (think 1956-62 Corvette or Austin-Healy 3000).

Under the hood was a high-tech 4.2l DOHC V8 mated to a 5 speed manual, or a 4 speed electronically controlled automatic as a no cost option. This helped the Levadia accelerate from 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds, and cruise on the highway in leather- and wood-swaddled comfort.

Updates included an optional 5.0l V8 in 1992. A minor refresh in 1995 brought a 5 speed automatic, a standard power folding top, and some new paint colors.

I swear I'll get a consistent post style eventually

Gallery

Specs
4.2l V8 5.0l V8
Powertrain
Family JR JR
Construction Aluminum block and heads Aluminum block and heads
Valvetrain DOHC 4 valves/cyl DOHC 4 valves/cyl
Power 229 whp @ 6,300 rpm 272 whp @ 6,300 rpm
Torque 278 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm 330 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Fuel System Multi point EFI Multi point EFI
Transmission 5MT, 4AT, 5AT 5MT, 4AT, 5AT
Performance
0-60 mph 6.7 seconds 6.2 seconds
50-75 mph 3.8 seconds 3.3 seconds
Top Speed 145 mph (233 kph) 153 mph (246 kph)
Fuel Economy 17 mpg / 24 mpg 16 mpg / 23 mpg
Chassis
Layout Longitudinal RWD Longitudinal RWD
Suspension F Double wishbone Double wishbone
Suspension R Double wishbone Double wishbone
Weight 3,488 lbs (1,582 kg) 3,574 lbs (1,621 kg)
Safety
Traction systems ABS, TC ABS, TC
Airbags Driver, passenger Driver, passenger
18 Likes

This was definitely made using one of the new bodies in the LCV4.0 open beta - and the best use of it I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

actually no, it’s using the hardtop Seville body :slight_smile:

plus the only reason i can make decent cars is because of mods

The only new bodies in the OB are SWB/LWB versions of an 80’s Honda type thing, comes in hatch, coupe, sedan, wagon, pickup(I think), del sol, and CRX.

Omg! I want one so bad :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Would you ever think about adding these cars to BeamNG?