Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

No idea what the spread is, but mine is toward the higher range for all those except emissions, running costs, loudness, and 0-100. Not bad for a sub-200 hp turbocharged AWD wagon :smiley:

SNIP. nevermind this post. consider this not here

So, here is the car I was originally struggling with so much and scrapped for the previous advertisement I showed you all. This car has been submitted as an exposition car, so here is an advert for it, too. Alas, if stropā€™s is pushing (or even sub) 8 minutes on the Green Hell, he will never see this one because it will be far behind him. It is sub-9 minutes, however. The only caveat with the car is a lowered reliability of only 73-ish.

I give you the 2002 Banshee Sport GT, a 3 seater sport coupe with excitement written all over it. Featuring a DOHC 1.0L turbocharged engine producing 195hp and 186Nm of torque, this mid-engine car will get you 0-100 in only 5.8s. Using a full steel chasis and body panels, the car is made to last, yet still only weighs in at 1236kg. Braking from 100-0 is a breeze in under 32m (performance on ice and gravel may vary). There is a price for all of this joy, however. Fuel consumption is only a moderate 9.73L/100km. Best of all, it does this with a sticker price of only $33,000! This car is only available in Norway, so make your order online now!

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/911/2Wzjz6.png

I wish I could get a sub-8 minute with the car I had, but that would be tricky because thanks to all the offroad trimmings, it ended up a bit of a bus. Oh hell, itā€™s actually slower than I rememberā€¦ it might be a good race between the two actually!

(Itā€™s the original non-Norway trim that gets around the 8 1/2 minute mark.)

Iā€™m far closer to 9 than 8 with mine, so the race wonā€™t be that great between them. :wink:

EDIT: After reading yours more closely, I see you did *not *submit an 8.5 minute car. So maybe it will be good after all!

WOO! Pretty much dead average in absolutely everything! :stuck_out_tongue:

i think that everyone posting the stats of her car takes away some of the excitement about the reviews. i will however say that three of the numbers mentioned by puffster belong to my car.

[quote=ā€œstensenā€]

i think that everyone posting the stats of her car takes away some of the excitement about the reviews. i will however say that three of the numbers mentioned by puffster belong to my car.[/quote]

This is the only reason I havenā€™t posted the spreadsheet yet, got all the calculations done (or close to all), so got a pretty good idea about how it will spread out. Just trying to keep some suspense.
I can say this, everyone beat the becnhmark car around Green Hell, altho one was VERY close. Benchmark time was 11.12.55, the spread from participants were 8.49.65 to 11.12.27 with an average of 9.58.00

what i am really looking forward to see is the fuel economy of the engines and the respecitve cars. i think that people tend to forget that no matter how fuel efficient you engine is, it still needs to move the weight of the car.

My car is almost literally spot on the average green hell time, cool. I was hoping for better than average, but I went for more fuel economy than taking a larger HP penalty and getting the performance (also probably a lil bit heavy).

For the curious, I have ~1.8L (donā€™t recall if I4 or 6 honestly) 166HP and a fuel econ of 37 US-mpg (15.7km/L)ā€¦ so basically I unintentionally built an off-road ready Celica (a realization I came to yesterday)

Is it bad that I didnā€™t do anything to try and improve my Green Hell lap time?

[quote=ā€œSebessegā€]

My car is almost literally spot on the average green hell time, cool. I was hoping for better than average, but I went for more fuel economy than taking a larger HP penalty and getting the performance (also probably a lil bit heavy).

For the curious, I have ~1.8L (donā€™t recall if I4 or 6 honestly) 166HP and a fuel econ of 37 US-mpg (15.7km/L)ā€¦ so basically I unintentionally built an off-road ready Celica (a realization I came to yesterday)[/quote]

which makes the performance pretty much optimal it seems.

not if it does it below 9:57:55 :slight_smile:

Sweet, above average for Green Hell time as well :smiley:

[size=55]But not by much like most other stats.[/size]

not reallyā€¦
my car is doing 10:32.16ā€¦ and i thought i would be at the end of the packā€¦
but i know thereā€™s a guy with 11:27.27.
that made me feel better (sorry:P)

but honestly. i really didnā€™t think that mine would be so underpowered
going by the challenge name, i thought he meant pure sporty car, but then i read the scored criteria.
i thought it means a useful and somewhat practical and economical daily driver that COULD feel and be sporty when needed. thatā€™s why i went with such a low power.

You probably did build the car that one would be most likely to buy in real world terms. Many of us decided to see if we could make more convincing alternatives.

Also, I suspect my car isnā€™t the fastest around Green Hell.

Though I also suspect that itā€™ll have significantly better off-roading capability than the one that is. Unless I was beaten by the 320hp car. Then Iā€™m not so sure.

[quote=ā€œkoolkeiā€]

not reallyā€¦
my car is doing 10:32.16ā€¦ and i thought i would be at the end of the packā€¦
but i know thereā€™s a guy with 11:27.27.
that made me feel better (sorry:P)

but honestly. i really didnā€™t think that mine would be so underpowered
going by the challenge name, i thought he meant pure sporty car, but then i read the scored criteria.
i thought it means a useful and somewhat practical and economical daily driver that COULD feel and be sporty when needed. thatā€™s why i went with such a low power.[/quote]

It is all of those things!

[quote=ā€œstropā€]You probably did build the car that one would be most likely to buy in real world terms. Many of us decided to see if we could make more convincing alternatives.

Also, I suspect my car isnā€™t the fastest around Green Hell.

Though I also suspect that itā€™ll have significantly better off-roading capability than the one that is. Unless I was beaten by the 320hp car. Then Iā€™m not so sure.[/quote]

Who else could you have been beaten by?

So, have I just gained a shit load of bonus points over others. Because of the 4* No. of seats bonus points rule. I have 9 seats, so 4*9 bonus points.

Uhā€¦ That may be my only redeeming point.

Somebody whose car didnā€™t make as much power as that, but also used double-wishbone suspension, lighter construction and none of the off-road diff/suspension/skidtray options, perhaps. Would make for a much weight-efficient car with better road handling!

lol! I can tell you it wasnā€™t either of my cars.

I never tested mine on Green Hell (or ANY track for that matter, because I didnā€™t care). So Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m the laggard. 115-ish HP minivan. Ohh yeahā€¦ rockin!