1980 Automation Motor Show (NOT OPEN)

Its the 80’s and its time for showing the best new cars.

HOW IT WORKS
After this Automation Motor Show challenge finished, the winner will host the next AMS challenge but the next year, this AMS is 1980 then the next AMS is 1981, until the AMS set in the todays year (example : AMS set in 2026 while today is also in 2026) then AMS would start again in 2027 and not like new AMS challenge every month

WHAT CAR THEME PLAYERS WILL MAKE :
concept cars
(You vote the theme for the next year)

RULES :

Bins
-Completely copying IRL car
-Terrible engineering

Penalties
-Using parts with race name in it (DCOE carburator is a race part) -5 points for every use of race parts
-Meme entry -10 points
-Using a broken body -20 points

Everything is free

PRIORITIES :

:star: :star: :star:

Looks
Others is not important

EXTRA POINTS
If you can do this you will get extra points
Innovative engineering
Innovative means something new on a car, if you can make an engineering that has never made before, you can get +20 points BUT you must explain it in the ad, if you make an engineering that exist today but it didnt exist at that time, you get +5 points.

SUBMISSION :

DM car file + Ad
Submission open : 10

Add images

Submission close : ?

SCORING :

Users are voting for the best cars, rate 1-10, the car with best average score wins, this is about design, interior isnt a must but can improve your design, i will take the photos of the car so everyone can get the same score

1 rating = 1 score, that means 5 users voting for 10 in a car means the car get 50 points

INSPIRATION :

Summary

![image|690x460](upload://aGbt56SOQeh9mr0zCWAbtkn13Ki.

jpeg)

5 Likes

So… It’s basically a contest to see who builds the most amazing concept car for a given year? And with a recurring naturs similar to QFC/CSR, but with the timeline advancing by one year per round? In any case, I wish something like this existed in the earlier days of Automation, with the timeline stretching back even further still - but at least some of us are glad that something like it finally exists.

No submission
I think mille monti is so big that its destroying the popularity of most challenges now

1 Like

I mean, original post specifies it opens April 10th, unless that was changed recently, so…

(Edited-in note: I definitely want to do something for this!)

For the tech bit, how much of an explanation do you need? Where on the scale of “I made it the fuck up” to working prototype do you expect it?

Techpool rules, any price limits? Is this just a lore dump or is there real reason to engineer something

engineer isnt judged, so techpool is free, price is free, everything is free, but be realistic

Are you going to open this up after the Mille Monti?

Revive!