1982 Viper Concept Car Buildoff

Thank you. You’re right, it looked like Dodge was suffering from a major identity crisis in the early '80’s. I totally see the Mitsu influence in yours.

Excited to start checking these out, 10 days left to enter!

3 Likes

completely forgot this was a thing, time to rush out a car

1 Like

I forgot about this too - going to submit this weekend. Have a 2.2L Turbo Chrysler engine prepped…

Here’s my entry - powered by the Chrysler 2.2L with 192 boosted horses, it gallops to 60 in 5.3 seconds and all the way to 150mph. A modernized version of the Shelby Cobra, it has a removeable roof and rear window to simulate a roofless experience in the safety conscious 80s.

Oh, and unlike the Cobra it gets 30mpg.

5 Likes

hey for funsies someone should plug this what if scenario into the AI art programs from the other thread. I’ll post it.

That’s much more sensible than my entry. I strapped a couple turbos to a 318 cid V8. Don’t even remember the performance numbers but it was pretty ridiculous for 1982 lol.

I’ve updated my build w/ a quick interior, not really an interior person so forgive the lack of work behind the seats. I used the google link to post all the required elements.

8 Likes

I think i stroked out

5 Likes

looks more 60’s than 80’s tbh

1982 Dodge Viper GTA Concept

More Images

15 Likes

First half of entrant showcases:

4 Likes

The 13-25 entry set is on his youtube now.

All I have to say is that “scary” is what I was going for. It isn’t that scary if you modulate that throttle though, and in this way it is just like the O.G. Viper.

1982 Viper Concept Automation Buildoff - Entries 13-25 - YouTube ICYMI this is set 13-25

and also the 12 Finalists I hand picked as well as the first challenge!

3 Likes

I have chosen my 6 picks, now they are going to get vetted by not just myself, but an actual automotive journalist, to choose THE 82 Concept car!

5 Likes

Glad I got to be a finalist! I expected the be trounced looking at overall power (going with a 4).

Got the help of former Evo and Hagerty writer Antony Ingram to help me choose a winner in BeamMP

5 Likes