1991 Super Production Challenge(closed, it died lol)

Wait a sec, you just said +you driving it. Is this an automation / Beam challenge?

2 Likes

for the 2nd part(race), yes, there’ll be 4 tracks and you got to drive on them, your average time is what counts though
if not enough people have it then we can do the race part solely in automation, wont change the core idea anyway

The latest revision to the rule set shows that twin-scroll turbos are not allowed in any class other than Gr.1, where their use is permitted. Is this correct?

correct, twin scrolls are now allowed in Gr1 and exclusively there

Well it does in that a Beam challenge involves optimizing settings for Beam, for my specific input device (gamepad in my case), and then tweaking back and forth between programs until the car has no evil handling surprises and does not push a corner like a dump-truck. So, it definitely is important to know if Beam is involved in the competition. My handling profile will be completely different. I also need to know the tire size restriction, and the track intended to be reasonably ready. All in for an AutoBeam challenge but it is best to say the plot up front because not everyone here has Beam. These are things that I was told when I approached similar discussions about making a challenge.

Thanks!

huh, fair enough, will add them today plus information on how the race will work and maybe an extension of the deadline for the road cars

This is really extremely important. I, for example, use an emulator by type with a two-step constantly increasing gear ratio for high-precision handling and lane-holding. This, however, combined with my steering wheel, does the ride is extremely even and smooth. Not surprisingly, after a some time the Beam stimulator bored me. It seems me that while in the game there was a kind of arcade, linearity, it made me feel a little detached from the world of motorists, and now that everything is set up max as precise as possible, the wheel is became bored to me, and now I am controling the technique mostly with the keyboard. So perhaps a two-position gamepad for each side, combined with turn angle limit filters, would give excellent results.
As you know, if the tire turns a small degree for a long time, the car will respond better to the turn, and if much and fast, the understeer mode will start.

However, the physics of Beam is not as good as it seems, it uses outdated programming technologies of standard simulators, and in this respect is similar to the free game - the progenitor - Rigs of Roads. BeamNG.drive also reflects poorly the laws of impulses and kinematics.

And as it turned out, I was too hasty with my assumptions that no one in the world has yet implemented a system with the variable ratio steering. As it turned out, this system first appeared in the BMW M5 2003 release year.

Kalan sometimes your translation software does not properly put together coherent sentences.

1 Like

Right, I’m likely late to tell how the race will work but here we go.
The race:
The times will be taken in automation from 4 tracks I’ll later select out of the world pack(Automation World Track Pack - #5 by Zabhawkin) or maybe other courses(which will be announced beforehand, don’t worry) and following that, we get to the fun part.

I’ll use an online roulette to see if your car will have a failure or not, the chances of your car escaping alive will be counted by your car’s reliability + 15. If you were not very fortunate, however, then we go to a 6 side dice roll to see how bad the failure was,
1: Major failure - out of the race
2: Major failure - can be fixed, however car performance will be damaged
3 to 5: Regular failure
6: Minor failure
For each race I’ll do 10 rolls per car, the one with the fastest time at the end wins.
Fuel consumption will be taken into account aswell.
So far I have not prepared the times for each failure and the fuel stop as I first want to see how will reception to this idea be
Anyway here’s the race car ruleset:

T.Width means tire width, it just didn’t fit inside a single spot, anyway,

• No invisible parts
  • This is not a finished ruleset, it may change mostly regarding aero parts
  • No more advanced trim settings unless you wish to reduce wheel offset

Deadline is until 22/07 and the production car deadline has been extended up until wednesday next week.
Have fun, mates

1 Like

Are we allowed to use VVT of any kind, either for the road car or the race car (or both)? And what fuel types can we use?

As for tire width limits, do they apply equally to both axles, or is it merely an average value, and in any case, do they apply to the road car as well as the race car? Finally, is a catalytic converter a mandatory fitment?

Just a couple of questions for the road car portion?

1. Any limitation on engine position?
  2. Any limitations on the Use of V16s?

I’m assuming mid-engined cars are not allowed (at least not in the top four classes) since they can only support one row of two or three seats at most. Nor am I assuming that V16 engines can be used at all (it wouldn’t be very realistic anyway).

Hello, friend! Thanks for the remark! Similar messages reduce my confidence that I am writing something correctly. The point is that I forgot to interpret the meaning from Russian to English. Another problem is that some sentences don’t translate at all: English doesn’t make such connections. And a third problem is that if you live in America, the meaning is very far from my understanding. It is much easier for me to understand English rather than the American language. BrE I have studied all my life but never learned how to write and speak.
For sentences to be right, you have to initially think in English. In either case, there are appears strong interpretations, distortions, and additions. So unfortunately, the necessary context is very hard to convey.

Hello!

I figured as much. I’m sure I would struggle with Russian if the tables were turned. You could try speaking in “bullet points” and keep it really simple, and see if the translator can keep up with you. I have to do similar things with some overseas coworkers in India and beyond.

So example:

*The handling model of Beam requires me to adjust my settings in Automation.
*Grip at the steering limit is affected by what contol method is used.

Maybe something like that.

By the way my next evolution of the car stat tracker is to incorporate the car exporter someone invented, and basically automate the process while gathering even more info. That’s in the works.

Take care,

1 Like

I noticed your tire size limits stop on the even '00. So, are we clear to use TRX sizes here, and second, semi-slicks?

I think also the Osprey shown is in violation of the rules - I don’t have full rear seats and can’t fit them in this body. So back to the drawing board and the Osprey can play somewhere else.

@Lanson Pretty much, its the race car now so I don’t see why you shouldn’t
@abg7 MR and some RR cars are indeed not allowed in the top classes due to seating, and yes, V16s are not going to be allowed unless you make a super luxury car for this comp… Which is unlikely(@Fayeding_Spray this also answers your question)
Regarding VVT, you’re free to use it, though it will make your engine more complicated. Fuel type is either regular or premium, no leaded and no ethanol, but I’d suggest regular for your road car. Tire width limits applies on both axles and exclusively to the race car, the road car is safe from that. And yeah, a catalytic converter would be good, I forgot to list that one within the requirements

I made a Gr. 2 test mule that complies with all the rules - it weighs 1180kg and has a 300bhp normally aspirated straight-six displacing 3000cc (the highest permitted capacity for the category). With some fettling I got it to run lap times in the 2:17 range at the ATT.

My 2:13 was pretty good then. I have less power but also I think I need to be in compliance so my time so far doesn’t count. Compliance with the new rules, etc.

me with my poor Gr4 shitbox getting 2:31

also! I’ll be away from my laptop for a bit and will only come back on wednesday, feel free to send your submissions however, I’ll look at them up until 11pm(or 23:00) GMT -2, afterwards it’ll be locked