1993 DTM [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED. Revising entries]

Yes! Finally! A proper touring car style competition. I’ll have a submission for you soon.

Before too many people submit, I’d like to suggest a change in your naming convention as your current system is unwieldy and doesn’t fit the allocated space in the game… :geek:

**CAR: DTM93-

TRIM: Road or Race-

ENGINE: DTM93-

Variant: Road or Race-**

As you can see, this will allow for much easier compliance without errors and make things easier for us as we tune our entries :smiley:

[quote=“HighOctaneLove”]Before too many people submit, I’d like to suggest a change in your naming convention as your current system is unwieldy and doesn’t fit the allocated space in the game… :geek:

**CAR: DTM93-

TRIM: Road or Race-

ENGINE: DTM93-

Variant: Road or Race-**

As you can see, this will allow for much easier compliance without errors and make things easier for us as we tune our entries :smiley:[/quote]

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion!

I erased 2 issues: electronic diffs and downforce aero (because in 1993 isn’t available).

I changed the sliders restriction for the engine: from +12 to +14.

And the body and frame material.

What is meant by “Minium Security” in the rules?

Minimum safety. Is the problem when you write the rules after driving a car with the most powerful drug: turbo :laughing: (note: my only car that the family uses is a 2012 toyota verso 1.6, and in some months I will start the autoschool).

Oh, the glorious power brought by the turbo. And they uncontrolabilty!

Thanks for the clarification.

Hola amigo :wink:

This could be interesting to me but frankly I dont like so many rules. Are all these restrictions of quality sliders etc really necessary? Why make race intakes & exhausts mandatory, or limit the use of entertainment? (the drivers may want to listen to some nice music during the race)

Do you have a link to the Class 1 Touring car rules? I only found wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_1_Touring_Cars where it says: maximum 4 valves per cylinder and 2.5L

Oh, thanks for the class a rules!

And the quality sliders, I will quit the restriction. Yep. Is a “bit” restrictive.

I am not against quality restrictions per se but there must be a reason written next to each. If you put a restriction and cannot give a very good reason, there is a problem.
Either there is something from a certain rulebook or “I don’t want to have XY happen”, like “I don’t want people to max out the XY sliders”.
I also think that a cost limit per car is much better in reducing the overuse of quality sliders.

Another option would be a test race with drastically reduced ruleset and just a few cars, only with rules that really follow from the rulebook (2.5L / max 6 cyl / 4valve / frontengine / minimum weight / aero below the wheel centreline )
And only then, when people are starting to mentally get into your competition, discuss a whole series and necessary further restriction.

Here’s the Bogliq submission for this race series…

Road Car: Bogliq Bastion DTM

Racecar: Bogliq Bastion Racecar!

[quote=“BurningBridges”]I am not against quality restrictions per se but there must be a reason written next to each. If you put a restriction and cannot give a very good reason, there is a problem.
Either there is something from a certain rulebook or “I don’t want to have XY happen”, like “I don’t want people to max out the XY sliders”.
I also think that a cost limit per car is much better in reducing the overuse of quality sliders.

Another option would be a test race with drastically reduced ruleset and just a few cars, only with rules that really follow from the rulebook (2.5L / max 6 cyl / 4valve / frontengine / minimum weight / aero below the wheel centreline )
And only then, when people are starting to mentally get into your competition, discuss a whole series and necessary further restriction.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice! I will apply in my next competitions.

Do I get this right, there is a cost restriction on production car but none whatsoever on race car?

Also what happens when you reject a car? There are so many rules I think it is highly unlikely we get it right the first time.

[quote=“BurningBridges”]Do I get this right, there is a cost restriction on production car but none whatsoever on race car?

Also what happens when you reject a car? There are so many rules I think it is highly unlikely we get it right the first time.[/quote]

the absence of a budget limit made to refer to one of the causes that led to the cessation of the competition in 1996: rising costs.

Yes or no?

If you are talking about costs, in the racecar any costs. In the streetcar yes (but you can make an underpowered cheap street car, but modify the racecar trim and make a beast).

About the rejects, I will contact with every user with a car rejected, and explain what parts of the car doesn’t accomplish the rules. But if is a year setting for example, I will ask if you want it to change me or prefer to change it.

OK. Just wanted to make sure I dont have to reduce the budget after the car is finished.

You know what I dont like is the amount of extra weight I’d need to add. I end up 100s of kg underweight.

In AMWEC AGTE Class i had to equip my car with all possible extras to gain 300kilos :smiley: So yeah, you aren’t alone in this