1993 Third World Supercars Challenge

PREMIER MOTORS EMIRA GT50

THE FIRST AFRICAN SUPERCAR!!! THE PEARL OF NIGERIA

With its 380 HP 5 liter V10 engine, the EMIRA GT50 is good for over 290 km/h. Equipped with ABS, power steering and an automatic transmission, the EMIRA is accesible. But don’t be fooled. This monster WILL bite if you take it too far.

The EMIRA GT50 lapped the infamous Nurburgring Norschliefe under 8:10, impressive for Africa’s first attempt at building a racing beast. The driver had an enormous drift coming into Tiergarten, proving that it is easy to go too far. Fortunatley, his skills saved him from his impending doom, but it shows not everyone can handle a near 400 HP tiger without significant experience of the road and car.

The basic interior is akin to that of a GT Racing car. No stereo, no A/C, just a wheel and pedals. Oh and a speedometer as well. Wide sticky sports tyres are fitted with magnesium rims. The weight savings gave the car a weight of 1.7 tonnes. Quite heavy, but any lighter and it surely would have taken off into space with the power it has!

5 Likes

Alright, there might be a change of when round 2 will happen with time. I’ll keep you guys updated

2 Likes

Guys, theres an experimental just for fun stream happening right now on brads twitch. Unrelated to the challenge, thought that some of you might be interested though

Again, if i have not told any people who have sent their .car files in yet that your car is legal, it is.

1 Like

Looks like round 2 will happen a few hours, earlier, i cant confirm exactly when but i estimate 3-4 hours earlier. This doesnt change the deadline, dont worry.

1 Like

Hello everyone, here is an experimental side challenge we are having! There is no deadline, so you can send in your car(s) whenever you want! The Chad Cars Cup

2 Likes

Oh no. I literally just realised “Emira” was the name for the new Lotus sports car… It must have been stored in the back of my head or something and I just thought “HEY THAT WOULD BE A COOL AND ORIGINAL NAME FOR THE CAR!!!”.

2 Likes

The real-life Emira was only announced last year; your car is from 1993 (as the OP states), so there would not have been any trademark conflict.

1 Like

@Riley @GassTiresandOil I have not recieved your .car files yet, will they be sent in soon? Remember that you can just do it as a forum post.

I’m not entering, thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought I sent it in your discord. I can send the file again tonight. I won’t be able to get to my computer until later though.

1 Like

Sure, go ahead and send it in whenever you want. If you send it slightly after the deadline thats fine too, since the car is proven to already be done.

I just pm’d you the file. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep, i got it!

Remember that the deadline is almost up, if you still want to send something in you gotta do it fast!

1 Like

Brazil! Its truly a country!
The same can be said about Diablo, it is truly a company!
Known for producing front wheel drive sports cars, it has created such cars as the Diablo Cosita and Diablo Ferri.
In the 90s, Diablo was in big trouble. The United Nations had found out that the company was breaking international human rights in the production of car engines.
In 1993, they were going to make a car without breaking these rules. Truly a great car that would make Diablo a well liked company again.

The Ferri. The car of Brazil.
A front wheel drive ute producing 200 horsepower according to Diablo, but actually produced 188 horsepower. Known for its incredible handling, it was able to do very well against most Brazilian cars on a track, but slightly struggled at drag racing.
Loved by the public by its usefulness, it became a well-selling car. Problem was that it was quite pricey.

They tried exporting it to other countries, but it failed in places that were not Brazil, due to their ruined reputation.
Diablo went bankrupt back in 1997. Looks like they will make a comeback though.

Car in pictures imported to USA in 2020. 500th car sold.
NOTE: Engineering done by Laci and design and writeup done by me.

2 Likes

Saludos! This is Johhny di Betterdeals (Yes, this is a real person, i do not know him.)! Today, we will be counting down the best products of the year 1993!

At number 5, we have the uninteresting pc, coming with the new Intel Pentium. It comes pre-installed with pirated software! You can buy it at Betterdeals for only 300 Guilders!

Ar number 4, we have the new IBM phone! It has all the features you would want with a phone for only 2000 Guilders (Yes, that is quite a lot of money)!
At number 3, we have the im too bored to write the rest of this review. It comes with Tetris, and thats it! You can buy it for only 1 Guilder!
At number 2, we have the im not spending any more time on this please just fire me! For only 0 Guilders, you can be sent to the local police department for hiding weapons at the job and shooting one of your customers! (No, Johnny never did this in real life.)
And finally, the best product of the year 1993. The 1993 Johnny di Betterdeals, built by Betterdeals on the small island Curacao!

Now, onto actually being serious. This car is terrible, i dont know how i made this.
Using a boxer 6 engine in the back, it is known for being one of the worst quality cars ever produced, being completely undrivable due to its terrible suspension tuning.

Only reason that i am entering this car is because this is the most competent thing that i could make alone for this challenge.
This model was imported to the Netherlands.
Im not sponsored by betterdeals. I just felt like using the guy, hes basically a mascot at this point.

1 Like

Sell it as a kit car = problem solved.

1 Like

Half an hour left to enter!

Give us a little bit of time, we’ll be up in a bit!