1995 Letaran Auto Convention (Car of the year 1995, FINISHED!)

As abg said. Since most people voted to have it fill out the space when LHC is at an hiatus, and since I have some weeks off now, I decided to hold it a bit early. But of course you don’t need to show your actual round 6 contestant here, you can put in another vehicle from your manufacturer if you want to. As long as it is new for 1995.

2 Likes

Some people have said that the sport/luxury price limit is a bit restrictive and I am leaning towards that too…any opinions on that?

2 Likes

I do feel it is a tad too restrictive.

Raised them to 30K for standard/utility, 60K for sport/luxury.

2 Likes

The new OXXRON Ciao Concept
“Discover the future”

1995 Wolfram WSC50

The “Whiskey Fifty”, as it was nicknamed, was a showcase for various advanced technologies that Wolfram had been developing over the past decade.

Among them were a glued aluminum monocoque chassis with aluminum panels, sat-nav, an electronically controlled LSD, direct fuel injection, advanced safety and assistance systems (including electronic stability control), and semi-active damping and sway bars.

With its use of direct injection, the all-alloy V8 underneath the hood of the Whiskey Fifty developed 450 horsepower - enough to propel it to nearly 200 mph, while advanced aerodynamics (including a sculpted undertray) kept it stable and planted at any speed.

Externally, the Whiskey Fifty had smooth, rounded styling that previewed the Wolfhound’s replacement, the Warhawk, and its luxurious interior was finished to a high standard.

1 Like

Just wondering if cargo capacity and max load capacity will be counted or not !

Since those stats are a bit flawed, I will not look too much into them separately, however, they will still affect the most important stats in the U category. So, keep them in mind for a build in the U category, for the others I guess “just don’t make them so low it’s silly” is enough. That’s about what I can say now.

wait i think i submitted a little too early
will my submission be accepted or will i have to resubmit

Nah, I am fine with it.

But it is generally not a good idea to submit entries too early, since the rules can change during that time. Now, it will not affect your car, considering that a raised budget is the only difference, and not even in the class you did submit.

Subs now open!

Did I miss something or are reversing lights not required?

Appearantly not…missed that little detail when reading through the ruleset that was more or less copied from ABG. So, since the rules are nailed already…

However, since I can’t think of a 90s car without backup lights, it will certainly not improve the chances of your car winning if you cheap out on such a thing.

2 Likes

I would suggest that also facelifts would be possible, which means only the trim level needs to be 1995 if the variant level is 1995, too.

Too late, rules nailed.

Ah damn, I planned to answer yesterday morning but then got stuck in Automation and its exporter issues and missed the opening.

Though I guess you could always pull off a BMW E28… “It’s an all new car, I swear” :rofl:

Also, a little reminder.

This challenge is closely tied into this one:

If you’re planning to enter, and not participating in LHC, my suggestion is to go there and register according to the description there. This is after all a challenge supposed to reflect the Letaran market, and of course, I can’t force anyone to join LHC but it sure is more fun and interesting if we can read about how your brand is doing in LHC then.

I’m prepping a couple entries under my Torrent brand, but may “send” an SUV from Canmo.

Can I make something for this? Id be totally new to Letara. I dont want to lobby, just want to make cool cars.