1998 Sports Sedan Challenge [Finished, results in]

The Megocom Hurrio! A boring sedan with densest power.

Only 3.1 liter turbo V8 make 369 hp which 119 hp per liter.

5 Likes

The Kerberos D Series. If your neighbor can’t figure out it’s a performance sedan, neither can the Five-Oh.

3 Likes

Work in progress:

Currently it’s pretty fast… just have to find a way to keep the car on the ground.

4 Likes

My entry
A bit of a Peugeot 605 copy design-wise, with the engine being based on the 907 Concept where PSA welded two ES9 engines to get a V12
The modest power output can be attributed to the basis being the early J4 engines, which both had 194hp and the modest cam profile, as the engine is meant to be put into a limousine

There’s also an armoured version, with a rumored biturbo V12

And some kind Japanese coachbuilders made a landau version too

[spoiler] photo of the process:
[/spoiler]

6 Likes

How do you make spoilers work?

Gear pictogram - hide details.

WMD TR-1

7 Likes

Your car is pretty good. Including lemonic body paint. Have you used a BMW body? Or is it a mod?

1 Like

It’s the same body as the one you used for your car

aka the Lancer

2 Likes

Hinode Lucent GranTurismo Ultima

This big ass fat fucker of a boat has precisely 276hp as per the Gentlemen’s Agreement but we lied to you just like the whole lot of them lmao this thing actually has slightly more than 276hp which is produced by a 3.0l turbocharged inline 6 STUTUTUTUTU MUH 124093509281054HP STOCK TOO JAY ZEE SKYPRA RIP PAUL WALKER NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON FAMILY IT’S BEEN A LONG DAY WITHOUT YOU MY FRIEND headass it’s plenty comfy too so yea that’s a good thing and no manual transmission because fuck you nobody buys that shit on a top of the line Japanese luxury sedan you’d have things other than shifting gears to worry about anyway in this economy anyway yeah please buy this car we ain’t doing so well we just invested a lot in Southeast Asia and look what happened there FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT FUCK 1997_asian_financial_crisis.jpg

17 Likes

Aim Stilesi 8S

With its RWD and front mounted V8 churning out a whole 216kW, you’d think the Stilesi 8S would be your regular old Australian V8 muscle barge, but no! With the V8 being regular Aim 3.6L twin turbo fare, it’s already a bit different, but then it’s also all aluminium and even has DOHC on top of that! Then there’s the body, an all aluminium shell on a steel chassis, which, when paired with the high-end sporty interior and vastly improved suspension (and un-fucked brakes from the original 6L!), makes for a car that’s alarmingly modern and nimble for something made by Australians.

5 Likes

My submission:
1998 Avion Nyx Ti V8

Additional Photos

Photo669|690x388

"]

11 Likes

Any naming rules?
Am I allowed to use lower, unleaded fuel types if my car doesn’t require 95 RON? My car can run on 91 RON so I don’t see why I should use 95 RON.

No, there are no naming rules. You can call the car (and the engine) whatever you want.

For fuel types, yes you can use lower grade unleaded fuel but you won’t gain any bonus points for that.

3 Likes

Mi Scuzi
It’s not a late entry, it’s just being Italian

We hear that there is a sports sedan competition going on. The Etherea Quattro GT wants to come and play. We see the competition out there, and we were confused. What are you guys doing with your engine outputs? Our clientelle do not care if the car drinks fuel like a drunk, creepy uncle drinks booze at your daughters quinceanera; so we built an engine befitting for this purpose – 3.2 liters, 400 horsepower.

Don’t think we skimped on comfort though. With a torque curve as flat as a German sense of humour, and Hydropneumatic suspension that allows you to run over a dead hooker with extra-ordinary comfort this is one sedan befitting of our clientelle looking to spend $50,000 of their hard-earned, money-laundered moolah.

Author’s Note*
The car above could possibly be instabinned because while I used a 4 door 2 row body, Automation insists on calling the body a coupe. I hate when car companies call a 4/5 door design a “coupe” but I pressed on anyways because I would call it a sedan. I don’t think it unfairly affected any of the stats it will be judged by though. Idk if Tom feels the same way. If it’s instabinned, well cest la vie.

5 Likes

I can’t speak on behalf of him, but I think Tom said earlier that 4 door “coupes” aren’t allowed. ):

While Automation is wrong in calling it a coupe, it does make judging easier to only allow entries marked “sedan.”

I am sad that Etherea can’t compete though; that thing looks awesome!

Ah well. I don’t think I could get myself to make another design. I’ll just make the .car public if its disqualified. I was really hoping of all the places that would allow a 4 door coupe it would be the sport sedan challenge.

*note: It was never mentioned that you cannot use 4 door coupe bodies, so here we go…

Made by RAZR Made by RAZR
More Images Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR
2 Likes

It might’ve been on the Discord or something, or maybe I just imagined it.

REALLY hope it’s the latter!

Either way, if it was on discord it isn’t valid because it isn’t justified in the rules in the main post.