2004 Analogue Supercar Challenge [Finished]

To be fair, the Bricksley Banshee does have a viscous LSD. I couldn’t decide between orange or purple, so I tried both. As for the rest, I think I did good for my first M-R design.

3 Likes

Not too shabby bruh!!

1 Like

Not a bad result, but I tuned it more for the road than for the track - a circuit-focused setup would have been more effective. Besides, the results show that weight is just as important as power (if not more so) when it comes to lap times.

1 Like

The stream is going live now! Race #2 is about to begin: Analogue Supercars Challenge - Race 2/3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

1 Like

Race #2 is over! In case you missed it, you can rewatch it here: Analogue Supercars Challenge - Race 2/3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

ImKaeR proved to be the fastest once again, meaning he is now leading by 8 points overall!

However, the battle for the podium is not over yet. ErenWithPizza seems to be pretty safe in 2nd place, but TCup, Djadania and also Random41 will still be fighting it out along with him to decide who’s on the podium.

6 Likes

Going strong with that p4, looks like my car likes to be 4th fastest

Ngl genuinely concerned you’ll take 3rd from me, as we’re tied right now xD

I find it odd that my car was almost-competitive in the mid-pack. I mean, it’s still slow, but I feel good that my car isn’t dead last this time around, unlike a certain Sinistra I unleashed in the last challenge…

1 Like

The 3rd and final race is about to begin, tune in if you wanna watch live: Analogue Supercars Challenge - Race 3/3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

4 Likes

Race 3 is now officially over! If you missed it, you can rewatch it here: Analogue Supercars Challenge - Race 3/3 [Automation/BeamNG] - YouTube

These are the final standings after all 3 races:

Congratulations to @ImKaeR for the overall victory! This has to be the first clean sweep in any competition I’ve held, with not only 10 points for styling but also winning every single race. Quite the opposite from the last challenge, the oil crisis challenge where we had 3 different race winners, a 4th car winning the economy category and yet another car taking 10 points for styling, so 5 categories 5 different winners. This one was just a dominant performance.

Credit where credit is due though, both ErenWithPizza and TCup as well as Djadania made some highly competitive cars that performed very well, it just wasn’t enough to take a race victory away from ImKaeR. Well done anyway, and thanks everyone for competing!

8 Likes

I’ll be back with my revenge next challenge, going for p3 next time

Glad to see I can at least make a fast car regularly, if not good looking :stuck_out_tongue:

(I suppose should not have let remembering the Top Gear guy’s talking about the noble’s and TVR’s lack of ABS, stick in my head. This review was the one I was thinking of Noble M600 Track Test | Top Gear - YouTube)

Yeah, I remember that review well. However, just like Jeremy says in that review that he’s not a good enough driver to get the most out of the Noble, I think because I’m on a controller and can’t regulate the brakes as much as I’d like to I can’t get the most out of your car either. I tried though, and managed a pretty good time on Spa

I was still struggling a bit with my wheel and peddles myself. The control you have when a car squirrels around under power is admirable, I got a thrustmaster wheel and peddles on sale for 230ish USD maybe you could do a fundraiser stream or something like that. I think the chip shortage added a lot to the price right now though.

I appreciate the idea, but I don’t think I’m at the point in my youtube “career” where I’m able to do that. But if I am gonna get a wheel and pedals I want a set with a manual shifter too, and a good set like that is easily over 300€. With the fact that my average stream has 5-10 viewers, it would basically suggest that each viewer would have to donate an average of like 50€ or something, give or take depending on viewer count, and that just seems excessive to me. I never want to make people feel like they have to spend money in order to watch my content.

1 Like

Today I took some of the cars that finished somewhat in the mid pack and tried to improve them on stream. You can watch the VOD here: 2004 Analogue Supercars Challenge - Improving 3 competitors' cars - YouTube

This will conclude the challenge, thanks everyone for participating and for watching!

6 Likes

I have a 3D printed wheel that snaps onto an Xbox360 controller I use for BeamNG; I put the wheel angle gadget on the car and it works well. It does take some getting used to, though. If you’ve got an Xbox1 controller they sell 'em on Wish. I can provide a link to the printed site if you want. Or I could print one & send it–you’d just have to buy a fidget spinner to sacrifice it for the bearing.