2006 Toyota Corolla 2.0 D-4D T-Spirit

So ever since I returned back to the UK, it was instantly time to look for a first car. Needed something manual, easy to drive and reliable.

Looked at a few other cars, including a 900 quid Mazda2 that had been in an accident and repaired by drunken cowboys.
Ended up choosing between this or a 2012 Volvo C30 1.6 diesel, a more expensive car which honestly didn’t have much over this.

So here’s my first (or second) car. Being a 2.0 litre insurance costs about an arm and half a leg. But at least it’s something I can run until it gets legislated off the roads.

Pic before picking it up:

One I took more recently of it next to one of the weirdest looking cars.

Being a somewhat modern Corolla, don’t expect many updates.

7 Likes

Nice!!! Pretty clean example too. The C30 may of been a bit more unique but the corolla is a solid choice. Enjoy it!

1 Like

so, Not much has happened.
It’s still a Corolla.

I really enjoy driving this thing around! Ever since then I passed my test properly, and it handles quite well for a car with a boring rep.
Although extracting all 116 horses results in a nice smokescreen - perfect for dealing with tailgaters.

4 Likes

You have a pretty good camera and car. Would you like to improve your car even more? I like that this car doesn’t have tinted windows. Because I don’t like that adhesive tape.

Absolutely nothing of note has happened with this car since I bought it.
Except for an issue with a window switch, hopefully just a contact issue. How very un-Corolla!

[epic embed fail]

Meanwhile, enjoy the sound of an engine best suited for agriculture in the morning.

1 Like