2017 Audi A4

Well i after alot of thinking and research i bought myself a new car, the new Audi A4.

[just making a topic already, will be posting pictures once i go get the car on Wednesday or Friday depending whether i have to do over hours.]

More Information coming soon!

4 Likes

So finally here are the pictures of my audi a4

Car: 2017 Audi A4 Saloon
Colour: White
Engine: 1,4 TFSI [150hp & 250Nm]
Gearbox: 7 speed S-tronic
Fuel Economy: About 6,5L - 7,5L i drive most of the time city and country to get to my work.
Fuel Range: It does say that i have a max range of 680Km Fully refilled of course.
Mileage: Currently has 380km.
Etc: Navigation, Heated Seats, Speed limiter, Rain / light sensor, Heated side mirrors,1x Aux port, 2x USB Ports,2x 12v connections, 2x Sd card Slots, Wifi.

10 Likes

That’s changed from the '99, daym

Cool car though and if Audi still has got what it had in the late 90s you’re gonna have fun with it!

3 Likes

I sadly found some small damage on the hood today.

Seems like some stones managed to get a good hit on the hood, damaging the paint and the hood in the process it will cost me about 700 euro to be fixed by the Audi garage.
Probably another downside is i have to wait a whole month until the appointment for the repair is.

I also talked with the insurance but they said i should first look how expensive it would be to repair and if it wasn’t too expensive i should pay it by myself because, because if i would get the insurance to pay…then my insurance would get more expensive or idk at least my insurance class would be higher so i guess it would be more expensive.
(i did talked to my insurance before i went to the Audi garage)

So i guess i better invest my money in well something like this http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/161017648196-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

700 euro for fixing that is daylight robbery. Also, instead of getting that thing you linked on ebay, have a look around your area to see if you can get a clear wrap put on the front of your car, to protect it from stone chips.

3 Likes

Yeah but here in Luxembourg these things are pretty darn expensive xD

Thanks i will look out if i can find a clear wrap for that.

I say that about everything that I see priced in UK, if Im honest. You can get a full respray here for 1500 eur, and that would be the good one, not a slap dash in a garage.

Also, if you really want your hood to get scraped and damaged as if it was sandpapered, then do get that hood bra.

4 Likes

As for the hood don’t go to an official dealer, any body shop and most repair shops should have no issue with that if you want it to look new and they can do it for a lot less than 700

2 Likes

Third post and currently mileage: 4960Km

Well its good as new again…technically its new xD
I ended up still going to the dealership and only had to pay 580€ instead of 700€, its still alot but i guess its okay.

2 Likes

After several months of getting stupid stone chips and scrapes on my new car bumper I gave up and decided I’d wait until it accumulated enough to justify getting the whole thing resprayed or replaced :joy: that’s the downside of having a paintjob you love.

5 Likes

The first 10.000Km (10.463km) down and many more to come :smiley:

i think i will be around 15-17.000km by the first year of owning it.

Apart from that there isn’t much to tell, the car still runs great and soon will receive a complete set of winter wheels and rims. Probably should make an appointment for an oil change by the end of the year.

1 Like

I guess its time for another tiny update.

My car has currently has a mileage of: 14.400Km and received its first oil change last Friday at 14.005 kilometers also Audi has done a small inspection of the car with a test drive, even if it wasn’t exactly necessarily something that has to be done it still is a good service from them.

And here a small picture of my new rims with the winter tires:

Well that’s all for today but i hope everyone had a happy Christmas and hopefully a good start in the new year :slight_smile:.

That’s a long Time for a Oil Change, I Thought it was every 3000-5000km, Unless it’s longer for the 1st due to the break in period?

1 Like

Well it depend on what the car manufacturer says to you when to change your oil, in which case for my car or rather the engine is around every 15.000km or once a year.

Also 3k-5k kilometers is very small. 3k-5k miles is more normal on conventional oil. VAG likes to use only synthetic now and have 15k changes to make maintenance easier (and more expensive) on the driver.

1 Like

Yeah, In Hindsight I Think I Got km & mi Mixed up:

The traditional recommendation is that you should change your oil every 3,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. However, the new standard is that you can typically change your oil every 5,000 miles worry-free (especially if you are driving a relatively new car or are in “optimal operating conditions).

so 3-5k mi would be 4828-8046 km, in Extreme Operation Conditions it’s 1-3k mi (1609-4828 km) & Optimal it’s 5k-7500 mi (4828-12070km)

Looking around on Google, I Found a PDF with the Maintenance Schedule for All Models of 2017 Audi from Audi Canada: https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf

Lists 1st Standard Maintenance Service at 15k km or 1 year after Delivery with the 1st Major Maintenance Service with Additional Items being 30k km or 2 years from delivery, After the 1st Maintenance it’s every 30k km or 2 years, so Standard would be 15k, 45k, 75k, 105k, etc while Major would be 30k, 60k, 90k, 120k, ETC

2 Likes

Well, it’s been some time since I last posted something here but i thought it was a good idea to post something about my daily driver after three years.

Since the last post in 2017, it racked up even more kilometers and sits currently at 68.000km (Picture is slightly outdated lol) and so far I luckily didn’t have any major issues with it apart from some smaller annoyances so far like the speed limiter, right passanger window acting funny at times, indicators apart from that it has done it’s job well getting me from a to b.

I do still find it funny how much the computer exaggerate the range at times since the real range is more like 600 - 700km though I have managed to reach about 800 - 900km on a single tank though that is only possible if you don’t drive faster than 120, to be honest, and then it’s kind of hard. Since I’m usually around 6,4L (Audi states 5,4L on 100km), but I apparently had managed around 4.8L on my trip to Italy in September 2019.

That was also the time that I had done the biggest trip in my car, from Luxembourg > Italy, Italy > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Denmark, Denmark > Luxembourg. Which was around almost 6000 kilometers in total that i drove in two weeks with not a single issue. Though the engine did struggle a bit when it went up the swiss mountains on my way back, apart from that the small 1.4L engine hasn’t let me down (or 1.5L how it’s called now).

The only thing that I have to keep in mind is when I buy my next car is to stay away from the white color since it’s a pain in the arse to keep it clean. That was a rookie mistake on my part.

I’m not sure for how much longer I keep the car since I’m thinking about buying one that does offer a bit more space all around, especially in the trunk as it does get a bit annoying when carrying larger items.

2 Likes

Audi.
Problems with the indicators.

Expecting bad jokes to appear soon.

1 Like