2019 Corolla Hatchback

So I bought my first brand new car in late 2018 as a kind of birthday present to myself a black 2019MY corolla hatchback with the CVT it was a excellentlittle commuter and it was fun enough when I wanted it to be. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, and I get to have my first car to car accident when a jeep wrangler rear ended me on the highway, and totaled my baby. The bumper missed mine entirely and the frame around the hatch caught the full impact, my wife and I were fine and the car was driveable, but not repairable without extensive cutting and bending of the frame, and the hatch would likely leak if it was fixed. I loved the car too much to let it go entirely, so here is my new car another 2019 Corolla hatchback! With the 6 speed manual and this sweet orange “smoked paprika” color.

12 Likes

That orange paint should make it a lot easier for drivers to spot you on the highway.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

Considering that a disproportionate percentage of today’s cars, trucks and SUVs are ordered in conservative monochrome shades - a seemingly endless sea of black, white, silver and gray - bright orange definitely makes your second new Corolla in as many years stand out from the crowd quite easily. Besides, your decision to stick with the standard six-speed manual gearbox is guaranteed to make your daily commute more enjoyable than it will be tiring - and give an extra incentive to seek out the nearest twisty road.

1 Like

Even with the 6 speed rated at onky 38mpg highway (4 less than the last one due to tire size and transmission choice) it can still be a super frugal commuter.im super happy. That average is over the last 300 miles.

1 Like