2022 Automation Official Design Competition (Category J Results UP!)

Here are my entries for the Official Design Competition

18 Likes

In 1965, Yinzer created a special upscale edition of their short wheelbase 233 farm and utility vehicle. They went with their new 1.5 liter DOHC 6 cylinder with it tuned for the new universal 85 octane unleaded. The greatly added benifit is from the dimensions and feather weight of the engine left enough room to include the standard air compressor, hydraulic drive, larger engine and transmission coolers, and a divorced AC unit neatly packed under the hood. Other uniqe features are transport shackles, adjustable flood lights, a hydropneumatic suspension system, dual fuel tanks, and per request from the blossoming RV community, manual unlocking hubs on all four wheels, which keeps the drive train from wear while being flat-towed on the interstates.

Their design goals were lofty, practically everything packed into this short run production vehicle aimed it to be used in the various highland deserts, crawling up ancient trails, but due to their price and poor highway performance there were few of these examples sold, almost exclusively to buyers who bought it for the decals, with the vast majority never Exploring past the parking lot of the local Country Club.
yinzer233explore

8 Likes

Hi, for the 1920x1080 screenshots, are we able to put a single line of text (kinda just describing the idea / design goal of the car)? Thanks!

2 Likes

@MrChips sorry for the strange request but is there any chance who ever is compiling the entries together could send me a copy of my category G pickup please as I’ve lost my database and that was one of the cars I hadn’t got saved anywhere else

2 Likes

My entries for the 2022 Official Design Challenge

2023 Phoenix Falconer 700L - Category I

2023 Jefferson Manhattan XL R702 - Category I

2023 SW San José XT - Category G

2022 Hildrake Taipan Clubsport 535 - Category G

2025 Tarantasio TR4444 Estrema - Category V

2015 AmurAZ 6969 FUTUR Expedition Vehicle - Category H

9 Likes

Probably not a good idea to be honest.

hi, jus tto be clear. what is meant by “4.2 beta”. i made my entry a long time ago in normal mode 4.24. but then i also made a “port” of the car to the current 4.27 openbeta, but it says opt-in alpha in the menu. i do not know what this means, i am very sorry. please clarify. thank you

edit: i havent playetd this game in 6 months. i do not even know what are the new features and ue version in the normal mode vs open beta. sorry

4.2 Beta is in reference to LCV4.2, which is the full name of the version that is currently in beta testing. 4.27 is the version of Unreal Engine that underpins this version of the game. 4.24 refers to the version of Unreal Engine that underpins the public branch of the game, which is properly called LCV4.1.

the “Opt-In Alpha” is the version we are using for the Official Design Competition; unfortunately Valve does not let you re-name your builds, so the Opt-In Alpha name.

2 Likes
SUPERGA PROUDLY PRESENTS

Recalling italian and british sporty cars from the 1960s, the SC70 will celebrate the 70th annivesary of the Company, with the future driver's car. With this project, Superga takes all its know-how to interpretate the car that will bring the best driving feelings possible. This comes thanks to the great attention put into weight - less than 1000 kg - and a carefully engineered naturally-aspirated engine.
The pleasure of driving is obtained with an eye constantly kept on the perfect balance between performance, comfort and handling.

The body shape has been studied to be light, aerodynamic, and cut by very precise lines. Superga wanted to keep the design simple, functional, but still recognisable and self-confident. Everything has been developed to be driver-focused, including the interiors, with the idea of keeping essentiality as the main key: simple shapes, armony and high quality materials.

These times asks attention to emissions and efficiency, and the SC70 certainly hasn't ignored that: together with its tractable engine, the low-kept weight and the aerodynamics, this nimble coupé can touch 32km/l (90,4 mpg UK), showing tameness, or high level performances when all the 190 hp pushes this 971 kg car ahead.
The Superga SC70 is still a prototype, but the concepts behind are clear, solid, and coherent with the brand identity and history, because going from A to B is freedom, pleasure and a smile in the driver's face.

4 Likes

@MrChips where could I check whether i had summited a car for ODC?

2 Likes

So I just submitted a car that I realized I haven’t changed since before the update, and the engine blows itself up at 1500rpm. Should I resubmit or leave it? I believe I remember it being said that some .car files will be driven for showcasing.

2 Likes

Sure thing, toss me a DM.

Don’t worry about it for now; if your car is selected to be a finalist, I’ll contact you and you can re-submit an optimised car.

24 hours until the submission deadline!

Only one day remains to get your entries in for the Official Design competition; you have until 11:59 PM Pacific time tomorrow to submit your entries!

Not sure when that is for you? Here is a countdown!

7 Likes

Hi, I asked this before in the Discord but I would just like to confirm (again) that split screenshots are okay right? (final result still 1920x1080, just 2 screenshots of 1920x700 and 1920x380 for example)

2 Likes

As long as you are submitting a single 1920x1080 image, you can split it up however you like.

The submission form says I don’t have permission to share documents with the form owner. Can this be fixed?

1 Like

I have a problem. I uploaded by mistake a car that belongs to another category (V) instead of (J), so I uploaded it twice because I couldn’t delete it :sob:

1 Like

That’s odd; anyone who can see the form should automatically have permissions to upload to it.

My only advice is to make sure you are filling out the form properly, and that your browser is signed in with a Google account.

That’s fine, I can exclude the entry that is mis-categoised easily enough. Thanks for letting me know.

Great brief, would have loved to do more for this.

Elmsley Cricket 1200 Super for Category A
Small, nimble and after the latest update “retuned” the engine for me, appropriately slow.

(Before the update, it could do 0-100 in 8 seconds, which would have been very hot indeed for the era)

Also toyed with the idea of a hypercar for Category V.
Oodles of fins to cool the supercondensers. Canopy to see the stars. Probably a whole lot of power to sting with, what else could you want?
The time to actually build it in Automation I guess. The concept sketch is as far as I could get.

6 Likes

My last entry, just in time c:

9 Likes