2022 Automation Official Design Competition (Category J Results UP!)

I have just realised my entry was intended to be RHD (with one mirror for historical accuracy), I made the interior as LHD and put the mirror on the wrong side.

What a dummy :roll_eyes:

I had another submission for this challenge but unfortunately it got deleted because of a Lua error. I have screenshots of the car and an unfinished remake.
I was wondering if I could submit a screenshot with the unfinished .car file?

So… I’ve been stupid and submitted an entry for Cat B and forgot to re-name the screen-shot. On a scale from 1-10, how serious of a cock-up is this?

I’d also like to ask the same question about uploading a sub-1080p image (Cat A this time) as I didn’t download the image that someone took for me properly from the forums and didn’t realise that it wasn’t 1080p. As you can tell, it’s very late in Britain for my little brain.

Not a serious issue if you don’t re-name your screenshot.

The sub-1080p image might not be the best thing though; you can re-submit it if you want and I will just exclude your first entry. No need to do anything different in the re-submission process either.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll do that thing now, thanks!

As it turns out, I think did the sub-1080p thing twice, so I’ve had to re-sub Cat G, too. Maybe I should have done this earlier!

Might as well post the cars I submitted…

1951 LZAS 150 Premium

1960 Dominion Laurier Starliner

1971 Dominion Prairie Terra Nova

Mosport Poseidon Vision 2035

16 Likes

Here’s a little photodump of some old favorites and one new toy.

Category A - 1960 Westland Manifest

Category B - 1969 Tiburon S5

Category F - 2000 Elitas Vendetta

Category J - 2035 Tiburon Matador

22 Likes

are the screenshots expected to be one angle of the car only or two cars in the scene for front and back view

1 Like

If anyone can’t make it home, I gotchu

7 Likes

If you feel that having he same car but from different angles in the scene showcases your car best, that’s absolutely fine.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Not the photo I submitted, but have my entry cars in one photo:

17 Likes

So on the Google Form it says naming convention is “Category [ ] - Nickname.car” and “Category [ ] - Nickname.jpg”, but on the forum it says “ODC Category [ ] - Nickname.xx”

Not including the ODC is fine right…? (I already submitted it without the ODC as according to the Form)

1 Like

It’s fine.

1 Like
Submission deadline has now passed!

The submission deadline has now passed for the Official Design Competition; thank you all for entering. All told, we received a total of 510 valid entries, spread across all twelve challenge categories. Pretty safe to say, that this is the largest community competition in Automation, ever!
Thank you to all of the entrants; best of luck with the judging!
12 Likes

Mons, Collis, a rodent,
and inappropriate lyrical inspirations.

Mons Gold Black Circle Base New_examplepng________Collis Gold Black Circle_examplepng

Mons Customs Gold Black_examplepng_blk________Mons Racing Gold Black Rectangle_examplepng

I spy with my little eye… something that is not like the others…

19 Likes
17 Likes
8 Likes

FWIW:

Category A: 1950 Mara Tovarysh Sedan

Category A: 1960 Seongu Kando

Category E: 1965 Mayster Triumf Gr. S

Categories G and X: 1954 Mara Tovarysh Pickup

and two more I’m less happy about in the meantime

2 Likes