2022 Automation Official Design Competition (Category J Results UP!)

I’ll put what I submitted here.

Category I submission is an unnamed coupé of Leo Khan, a luxury sub-brand of Ökul:

Category V submission is Ökul S98 NH. It’s a bit of a sleeper when it comes to hypercars, but it is supposed to be a 4-litre supercharged flat 6 hybrid (using supercapacitors instead of conventional batteries coupled with 3 electric motors) with combined power output of around 900 horses to wheels (a powertrain that can’t be built in Automation):

I had lots of fun, thanks for organising the competition. :heart:

12 Likes

Spectre 366GT - Category B

Phoenix Executive (Cartier) - Category C

Phoenix LSC4 - Category I

Phoenix LSC3 - Category J

12 Likes

Guess it is photodump season:

Category B - Tristella Ciconia GT3800

Category E - Kaufmann Viera Group B

Category I - Lunascura Adula SuperTurismo

Category V - Tristella Sirin

Category X - Viera Group B action shot

25 Likes

The Solanaceae Collection

by kwaliteit potato/S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T

Category B

1968 Hinode Garuda 3000GT

Category C

1975 Mayflower Sixth Avenue

Category E

1985 Dan Jackman’s Hinode LM85

Category F

1996 Hinode Lucent Gran Turismo

Category F

1998 Yamazaki Premio Version R

Category F

1984 Hinode MID2

Category X

Ditto

Images in this post may not necessarily represent the final competition entries. This post is in no way a rip-off of The Nebulae Collection. Sus? Amogus. Hotel? Trivago.

Brought to you by Hinode Motor Corporation, Yamazaki Motor Co., Ltd; and the Mayflower Automobile Company. All rights reserved.

29 Likes

Category A

Lesovo 800 (Piglet)

Category B

Veloce Galliano

5 Likes
amogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogusamogus

The Based Collection :tm:

amogus

Cat A

1953 Kamaka Chief

an shidbox

Cat D

1977 Mercer Everglades

Because I couldn't find a good enough 70s American SUV body, I tortured myself by 3d fixturing this entire thing and ended up with a total of 430 fixtures
Cat F

1998 Kamaka Destiny XS-R

CSR149 car pulled out my ass once again (i forgor the wheel blur 💀)
Cat G

2004 Mercer Hawthorne Eruption

A factory hot rod-muscle truck with a gargantuan 8 liter V8 making over 500 hp that is completely useless as a pickup (putting anything in the bed or having the tires touch a grain of dirt voids the warranty)

Cat H

2010 Scrunkly 7700UC

awww the scrunkly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:double tap now if you’d scrunkly the when :laughing:

Cat X

WHY DON’T YOU GO AUTOMATE SOME BITCHES RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Yes. I submitted this.
28 Likes

Sus ඞ

4 Likes
Extract from one of many interviews of Giorgio Levante to the italian press, May 1982

When, at the start of the 60s, i gave my approval to our market expansion, i knew we were taking a big risk. All we had was a contract for a supply of american V8s, powerful engines for sure, but a little unrefined […] Our first attempt was a fine car. Leatherworks and interiors had never been a problem, we had experience in them, but we needed something more to stand out of the crowd of italian GTs. So we approached the newborn Carrozzeria Avanti! with a single request: design us a car so outlandish, that it would stand out everywhere, from the ugliest ditch, to the most fancy gentlmen meeting, no matter the cost […] It was a beautiful mistake. The car almost bankrupted the whole company. We sold well enought, but the fancy bodywork, and complicated engineering meant we made almost no profit out of it. The cost to ship them abroad almost broke us. And yet, Avanti! did exactly what we asked them. No matter where you went, heads turned at the Granmilano passing by. They made a car so outstanding you could park it in a dump, and people would still make their way just to take a look at it […] Yes, this is the proudest mystake i have ever made in my life

A little late to the party, but here is my submission to category B, the '68 Levante GranMilano GT America.

Not the fanciest screenshot, but the car more than makes up for it.

13 Likes

Mondo Constellation GT
Category B

moodboard

Near Future Concept
Mondo Electra Vision
Category J, V

moodboard

so i pretty much made an entire ass complete design concept for this what the hell am i doing

A Vision for The Electric Hypercar

It’s now clear where the automobile industry is going next: the future of the car is electric. On the surface this may seem trivial for car design, less grille, more bean… But I think this change in powertrain has the potential to rock car design to its very core.

A Fundamental Shift

Traditionally, cars are built on three core elments that define its most basic shape: the passenger cell, the luggage compartment, and… the engine. Yes, the engine is the part of the very first building blocks of a car design. So what happens when this big integral box disappears?

You get far more design freedom than you’ve ever had. Without the constraints of a bulky engine, things can be packaged in much more inventive ways to cater to function. One example is the electric passenger car maximizing occupant space, which - long story short - births the “bean” shape we are seeing more and more of every day.

…But what of the hypercar?

Hypercars have one sole function: to be hyper. To be extreme in any and every sense of the word.

And That’s What The Mondo Electra Is.

The Mondo Electra was designed to showcase how extremely an electric hypercar can break the mold of traditional car design. With no bulky engine to even consider, we can further reduce the visual mass of the car body down to what will be the main elements of the future automobile: the passenger cell and luggage compartment, and the electric platform floor.

The Aerodynamic Shrink Wrap

Looking further into sports car design, much of it is actually about shaving things that are unnecessary. Shrink-wrapping the design, showcasing the bulging muscle and power beneath. Accentuating beauty, power, sensuality. The Mondo Electra takes this concept to the extreme.

The Mondo Electra is designed around this shrink wrap concept, with the goal of maximizing airflow through the car instead of around it. The car is packaged differently at a fundamental level.

The passenger and luggage area are combined and sculpted into an aerodynamic teardrop shape. This minimizes aerodynamic drag, and frees up the car’s bulk for aerodynamic through-flow.

Supporting this is the electric platform floor, which is also sculpted into a ground effect generator. Combined with the streamlined shape of the overall car, the Electra has the potential to extract performance more efficiently than any car ever before, an innovation fit for the coming electrification of cars.

29 Likes

If people are sharing their creations I think it is right time to show my abomination and crash your video drivers on how ugly it is. True creation of burned out mind on too much coffee and lack of sleep.

Re-Introduction for historic purposes

In 2018 i did one of few, specific car in C/C category.

2018 Image

C/C Category

Through time i wanted to continue the trend and made in 2019 a “M3 GTR NFS MW” replica, which i still didn’t shared out, due to it disintegration thru patches for the game.

My own old topic about M3

My garage

After that debacle i though about expanding out and make as many unique cars from old NFS series, but i got burn out from it and others games took my full attention (+ my engineering degree).

Steam images

Images album

I did participate in community event about rally cars, where i did few junk cars to be in for fun.

Rally cars for 1973 rally

Rally cars

Also that means i experimented before with the full fixture paint job before, but with way more limited options how to do it. It gave me a bit of experience tho.

One of rally cars, Lutoza Yarara

Yarara side

When Game changed engine versions and did many changes i tried to check out how it works, trying to invent new Renault car for my own fun, but due to being horrible at inventing new stuff [After all i’m a chinese 3D printer, nothing else :frowning: ] that’s how it went…

Renault abomination that burn eyes

Reno

Because we all are coming back to enjoy the grand turbo update i thought it could be a good place to start to get back with the game and re-learn it. Oh boy, how dumb i am… From 5-6 projects i could only make one car and i still barelly got it out before deadline. I had to literally suicide myself staying late nights and be a zombie on my workplace. Still i’m pissed at myself on how ugly it come out and how million mistakes i did, but what matters for me right now that i’m still somehow, continue the 2018 tradition of farting out Tuner cars, “So i got that going for me, which is nice”.

Image that crashes the drivers

*2005 quality rendering included…
Car image

1 Like

You might be better off posting the images directly on this thread rather than through links to another site (Imgur in your case) - that way everyone can see them the moment you post them, rather than forcing them to click on a link that may become defunct later on. But I suspect that your decision to post links to them on Imgur may be due to the fact that the images themselves may be too large for the forums.

1 Like

Weellll… Imgur doesn’t care about image file size (png loves sometimes to grow into ~10-20 MB after editing the image), also i can make albums there with easy of few clicks. While it is kinda old style and boomer juice, i prefer things that “Just works”. I’m not trying to make too much movement to my junk, i’m just here because of my stupid tradition from 2018 :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, i know, i’m dumb.

2 Likes
Special announcement, and a request!

I've been sitting on this one for a while, but I have another celebrity judge to announce! We are very thrilled and excited to announce:

Automotiveflux

For those who don’t know them, Automotiveflux is a long-time Automation and BeamNG streamer, and is well know for his…interesting…creations!

…has very kindly agreed to join us, to judge Category A - 1946 - 1960 People’s cars!

Ask a question during the Roundtable!

We have a unique opportunity on our hands, with several celebrity judges joining us for this competition. Do you have any questions you want to ask a real-world automotive designer? Or any of our streamers? Fire them into the form at the link, and maybe you will be lucky enough to have your question asked during our Roundtable Discussions!

17 Likes

We didn’t have to do these fancy good looking posts in the forum did we? I just completed the form with my car.

And I also have only one picture of my car because that’s what it said on the form. Did I do something wrong?

2 Likes

I don’t think you did anything wrong. People just felt like sharing their submissions.

5 Likes

I just got worried there. Thanks

3 Likes

How’s the judging going so far? :smiley:

3 Likes

Judging is proceeding well; we finished pre-judging all the entries on Sunday evening North American time, and I’ve been hard at work with the help of @zeussy and @NewZulund_Isaac getting all the animatics rendered out, which are now more or less complete.

Rendering the images for the judging continues, as does building the judging packages to send out to our judges. The first recording session for the final judging videos is later today, with none other than ConeDodger240 as our first victim guest!

As for when the videos begin to release, no comment on that, but the plan is that we will release the judging and roundtable videos on the same day, and then the next category alphabetically every other day after that.

17 Likes

I assume the results will only come out as the videos do, like FOTU? Gonna be a hell of a suspenseful wait until then, then :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Yes, that is correct!

3 Likes