2022 Automation Official Design Competition (Category J Results UP!)

Ok I have to make sure
Are screenshots taken in BeamNG.drive accepted? Or are only automation screenshots allowed?

2 Likes

Automation only, please.

1 Like

Maybe dumb question: Do we have to enter every category to place?

1 Like

Nope. Each category is basically a self-contained design competition by itself. Enter as few or as many as you like, up to what the rules permit of course!

2 Likes

Potentally a dumb question: if I have already made a submission, then have made slight tweaks after the fact and want to alter said submission, do I just need to resubmit or is there away to edit it after the fact once you have exited the ‘Thank you for your submission’ page?

1 Like

Its always hard to bring bad news…
Unless explicitly stated, there is no resubmission in challenge.
So
Its option number 3: No resubmissions sadly
and i dont know how Chips would react on begging to resubmit
Bcos if he allows it for you, others may feel its unfair and his tools might not really support resubmissions in first place

There was update of engineering kind, but that doesnt really influence result of this since attention is given mostly to design.

1 Like

That’s okay, it was mostly just because of engineering changes, and not any design changes. If there is no option to then I am happy to let the currently submitted car speak for itself.

Luckily for you

Though in the event your car does make it to the finals, I do wonder will be possible to resubmit a .car with tweaked engineering? Purely for youtube appeal and stuff, and considering the new update undoubtedly screwed over everyone’s engineering.

3 Likes

Both the submitted car and the updated one should be fairly realistic, for the type of car I opted to create.

What specific 4.2 beta version are the cars going to be judged in? I ask because I submitted fairly early after the engine revamp before a number of hotfixes and since then a number of body molding fixtures seem to have gone missing on both my save and export file

Yes, that’s definitely a possibility.

The cars are going to be judged in a closed beta version, more than likely.

I’ve updated my entries to the latest Automation Beta - how do I go about updating them?

You’ve already submitted your entries, and they weren’t from the open beta?

They are from the Opt-in alpha (pre Engine Designer Revamp).

(Snaps fingers) DOH Never mind, please discard my entries before you waste time even attempting to look at them… :slight_smile:

Yes, those are fine if that’s where they come from. As long as it’s not the public branch, that’s all that matters.

The engine’s are good on the opt-in 4.2 series with pre-4.2.23 opt-in. 4.2.23 or later the motors won’t work as intended - esp the turbo motor for the one entry (non-runner). And given the styles and what I seen for the face of the game plus the class I entered - I’m fine with the DNF. Next comp I’ll be better prepaired… :wink:

Proudly presenting from the Maverick74 design studios:
Category A: the 1954 Moravia 850 DA "Veverka"

For Category C: the 1970 Markley Gallavanter Roundabound estate

For Category G: the 1981 Ryuji Shogun 4x4

And For Category E: the 1979 Markely Palamino SST Turbo IMSA AAGT

23 Likes

3 Likes

Is anyone available to take a photo of my entry? This GTX 980 I run can do basic raytracing, but this game does not give it as an option.

2 Likes

Sure, I’d be willing to help out. Send me a DM and we can get you sorted out.

1 Like